• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mameshiba

Wow these are all terrible. .__. Look at Gen1, Gen2, Gen3...great final evos that actually built up to it. These are like a huge step backward, and far worse than the internet fakemon. For once, I don't even want the starters to evolve.
You can call me a "h8er" all you want (and yes I'm completely butthurt over Fennekin), but there was just so much more potential design to these that could have been done..and it's just not there. I'm almost wondering if the internet ruined it all. I know GF doesn't want you to even be close to what their designs were, so if we were back to the days of dial-up and no Google images, could these have been better? o:

Idk it could just be me, but it's a huge feel loss for me when the starters are just eh in the end (I know I can't be the only one who has felt that way). You want your first starter of your journey to be a real BA. Seems like Chespin is the only one who grabbed that concept lol. No way you could mess it up this badly GF, just, no.

john90

Does anyone know if the latest leaked final evolution information is possibly fake? I would be so happy if it was. I can not STAND the final evolve of Fennekin. Froakie looks OKAY, but the tongue is a little too much.

Totally Real. Choose Chesnaught then.. I personally have no problem with Greninja tongue, so I'm choosing him.

WNDR

Wow these are all terrible. .__. Look at Gen1, Gen2, Gen3...great final evos that actually built up to it. These are like a huge step backward, and far worse than the internet fakemon. For once, I don't even want the starters to evolve.
You can call me a "h8er" all you want (and yes I'm completely butthurt over Fennekin), but there was just so much more potential design to these that could have been done..and it's just not there. I'm almost wondering if the internet ruined it all. I know GF doesn't want you to even be close to what their designs were, so if we were back to the days of dial-up and no Google images, could these have been better? o:

Idk it could just be me, but it's a huge feel loss for me when the starters are just eh in the end (I know I can't be the only one who has felt that way). You want your first starter of your journey to be a real BA. Seems like Chespin is the only one who grabbed that concept lol. No way you could mess it up this badly GF, just, no.

Does anyone know if the latest leaked final evolution information is possibly fake? I would be so happy if it was. I can not STAND the final evolve of Fennekin. Froakie looks OKAY, but the tongue is a little too much.

Cheer up guys there is always everstone or evolite and pressing B.

I personally think greninja is awesome tongue and all. And in reverse I intend to either get bulbasaur and not evolve him or get squirtle and keep him at a wartortle.

Vikings

Oracle
Totally Real. Choose Chesnaught then.. I personally have no problem with Greninja tongue, so I'm choosing him.

Yeah, they're pretty much as good as confirmed. Too many screenshots and pictures of them for them not to be real.

The tongue isn't even distracting for me. I think Greninja is awesome. Sure we have enough frog Pokemon as is, but his typing is awesome and his design is great. I'm really bummed about Fennekin though, was so set on him and Squirtle as a duo.

Mameshiba

Lol maybe that's another reason why the let us have a Kanto starter early. So we can't hate GF that much for these starters.

If there is a Blastoise X that has keeps Wartortle's P Wings, I'm gonna lose it (in a good way).

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Yeah, they're pretty much as good as confirmed. Too many screenshots and pictures of them for them not to be real.

The tongue isn't even distracting for me. I think Greninja is awesome. Sure we have enough frog Pokemon as is, but his typing is awesome and his design is great. I'm really bummed about Fennekin though, was so set on him and Squirtle as a duo.
I like Delphox tbh. The way he / she stands there, looks like a powerfull and wise sage.

Kelphy

Calm Trainer

They all look bad to me, I think I might just throw them in my PC box and go with the kanto ones.

Justineer

The Blazikenator

So did this change your tentative choice for starter?
Has the new evolutions changed anyone's mind?
It has for me. I've expected great things from Fennekin's evolution, but sadly Delphox has left me wanting. Froakie has been my least favorite since their introduction (too many damn frogs), but I find Greninja to be the most palatable of the final evolution offerings. Chesnaught is alright, but I can't help but think back to Torterra, which for me set a standard for what Grass-type tanks could be. It fused a lot of different ideas (world turtle/Ankylosaurus/bonsai) into one coherent design that somehow managed to not be overwrought. To me, Chesnaught just can't live up to that, though it is an improvement over Serperior. Of course this is all my opinion, so don't think of it as a personal attack on your own.

Last edited:

john90

It's trying to learn Fire Pledge, which now has 80 BP instead of 50.

Mystical Fire is a 65 BP move that lowers special attack.

oh.. sorry..didn't catch. Thanks

MegaAbsol

I like Delphox and Greninja in their designs, it's Chestnaught or whatever it is called that thows me off, not sure what happened there.... oh well, was going with Fennekin from the start in any case.

john90

froakie_and_greninja_by_hodolhodol-d6p3sek.jpg

It's frog family love, guys..

Chill92

Lol this reminds me of Gen 5, when people had high expectations and were disappointed, especially Samurott. Anyway Greninja looks badass with the scarf, as long as you can pretend it's not a tongue. It sure won over Lickytung and its evo. Chesnaught, it's face looks almost nothing like its earlier evos and reminds me of Bowser. It's design doesn't scream fighting too me though. I can't help but to like it despite my initial reaction. Delphfox is my least favourite of the three but it's design was expected really. Their Sugimori artwork and in-game animations will help us grow on them

Icegaze

I must name my Froakie "Kakashi". Greninja's resemblance to the Konoha masked ninja is uncanny.
Froakie FTW! Still not sure at what stage we get the Kanto starters. That would make me decide whether I include Charmender in my main team or not.
Can't be bothered to train a rookie Pokemon when the others on my team are level 30+.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I'd like to see another poll now that we have seen the final stage of the 3 starters. I'm sure the results will be totally different.

john90

I'd like to see another poll now that we have seen the final stage of the 3 starters. I'm sure the results will be totally different.

Agree.. We need I new one. Now there will be no great spread between the three..

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I've been thinking this myself, actually. How about I set it up and put the results of the current one in the 1st post for sake of record? That is, if I can reset it without having to remake the thread...

Unredemption

I must name my Froakie "Kakashi". Greninja's resemblance to the Konoha masked ninja is uncanny.
Froakie FTW! Still not sure at what stage we get the Kanto starters. That would make me decide whether I include Charmender in my main team or not.
Can't be bothered to train a rookie Pokemon when the others on my team are level 30+.

There's some post in this thread that mentioned the Kanto starters would be given by Professor Sycamore in Lumiose City, so it's likely in the earlier half of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.