• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

I can already tell Fennekin's are going to drop. I saw a lot of people hating Delphox and they were wanting to use Fennekin.

Vikings

Oracle
I like Delphox tbh. The way he / she stands there, looks like a powerfull and wise sage.

I'll probably grow to like it, but as of now it isn't my favorite. Part of that is my fault for looking at so much fan art. I built up an expectation for it of what I wanted it to be, which is unfair to it. Not to mention, I can't unsee Hey Arnold's face on it...(Click at your own risk)

Whether I like all the starter designs or not, I love the theme they went with for them. I hope they do something similar to all the starters in the future.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Nah, vB poll options suck. Seems only way to restart the poll is to start a new thread, so maybe I'll just do that close to release given this is already at 1000+ pages.

dancingpenguin

I wanted Fennekin from the start, and that hasn't changed. I won't deny that I was a little disappointed with Delphox, but I think it was just that there was so much amazing fanart after Braixen's reveal that I got my hopes up WAY too high. Mea culpa.

Actually I think the main problem with Delphox is how they handled the fur-robe. It skews too much to the 'robe' side of the spectrum, especially when you compare it to Braixen and the way its fur-clothes were handled with a lot more subtlety. A slight aesthetic change would have made the entire design a lot more palatable to more people, I think.

BlackAngel

Eevee Enthusiast
Delphox name should not be Delphox if they aren't going to give any kind of nod to the fact that every oracle at Delphi was a woman, and could only be a woman. The gender neutral design of Delphox is rather disappointing. Not saying it needs to be a female only Pokemon just a little more feminine is all. Maybe some people already think it looks feminine enough but that's just my opinion.

Ver-mont

Delphox name should not be Delphox if they aren't going to give any kind of nod to the fact that every oracle at Delphi was a woman, and could only be a woman. The gender neutral design of Delphox is rather disappointing. Not saying it needs to be a female only Pokemon just a little more feminine is all. Maybe some people already think it looks feminine enough but that's just my opinion.

Well, a vixen is a female fox. That doesn't stop male Braixen from existing. I don't think I get your point.

Evie Snow

As a non-competitive player (Sometimes battle friends for fun.) I'm completely unsure about evolving Braixen. I love Braixen as is, but Delphox? My only problem with her is that she looks too plain. I suppose that perhaps my expectations were too high, but hey, who's weren't? I was expecting Braixen's 'wand' to become a full on mage's staff at the very least. But from what I've seen, the 'wand' has vanished entirely. I've had my heart set on Fennekin from the very start so I'm almost glad that the other two didn't end up looking anything special to me.

Chesnaught looks silly and Greninja weirds me out. Using it's own tongue as a scarf? How is that not weird? Even Lickitung doesn't have it's tongue out 24/7.

I can't say I'm not disappointed. We all waited for months to see these final evolutions to decide exactly what starter we wanted, and now my choice seems to be either to not evolve Braixen at all or go with a female Pyroar.

BlackAngel

Eevee Enthusiast
Well, a vixen is a female fox. That doesn't stop male Braixen from existing. I don't think I get your point.
I wasn't saying that a male version can't exist (female Mr. Mime anyone? lol =P).

But I think Braixen looks whimsical and fairly feminine to justify having a name inspired by vixen, but Delphox on the other hand seems to have a gender neutral design and be rather plain. It just looks like a run of the mill mage and not any kind of fox inspired by the oracles of Delphi.

In basic terms I'm saying its design and name don't mix well. The design is not feminine enough given a name inspired from the oracles of Delphi. Just a personal opinion though.

Last edited:

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
But if the evolutions are real, why isn't it on the serebii page yet? I don't trust any other site.

Because they are leaked, and not officially revealed, and Serebii could get in trouble for posting them. ^^

geophoenix

Not-so-hardcore
i took the leaks as a grain of salt. due to the reasons, i put my heart on serebii and the official websites! though to the fact that the canadians and italians have got their hands on the games, which irritates me so much, but the leaks they posted could be just another fake fan arts.

i have said the final evo starters are fakes, but now, ill just have to wait and see until its confirmed by serebii and the official websites!

peace!!

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
^so much indenial but you're entitled to your opinion.. Videos were also recorded those photos are the real deal..

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
i took the leaks as a grain of salt. due to the reasons, i put my heart on serebii and the official websites! though to the fact that the canadians and italians have got their hands on the games, which irritates me so much, but the leaks they posted could be just another fake fan arts.

i have said the final evo starters are fakes, but now, ill just have to wait and see until its confirmed by serebii and the official websites!

peace!!

Sorry, but all Three starter Evolutions are confirmed. XD

Here if you wanna see them: http://s2.postimg.org/5xzy0bhg9/1380773074881.png

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod

peace!!
Thing is, there's a whole bunch of pictures of all three starters at different angles and screens, and from separate leakers, each with a bunch of images supporting that they have the games and are taking pictures of various other things. Normally it is good to assume fake until confirmed, but in this case, these really are the real deal.

Ver-mont

peace!!

That's not a grain of salt anymore, it's just being in denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.