• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking over the Starter evolutions of this generation, assuming i have to rank each gen, it would go like this:
1. 1st gen
2. 3rd gen
3. 2nd gen
4. 6th gen
5. 4th gen
6. 5th gen
Nothing can go below the bland evolutions of the starters from last generation

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
None and I seriously mean none of the final starter evolutions will grow on me, just like Samurott never did.. Bulbasaur is my starter for XY, the actual 6th gen one is being boxed.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
None and I seriously mean none of the final starter evolutions will grow on me, just like Samurott never did.. Bulbasaur is my starter for XY, the actual 6th gen one is being boxed.

Nobody is forcing you to use a starter that you don't like. After all, it's your game and you decide how you're going to play.

And you never know. Opinions may change. Keyword: may.

KJv

does anyone know exactly when professor sycamore will give us one of the kanto starters? for ex. will it be when we first met him n lumoise city or what

Arxeon

Looking over the Starter evolutions of this generation, assuming i have to rank each gen, it would go like this:
1. 1st gen
2. 3rd gen
3. 2nd gen
4. 6th gen
5. 4th gen
6. 5th gen
Nothing can go below the bland evolutions of the starters from last generation
For me it would be
1. 1st Gen = 6th Gen = 3rd
2. 2ns gen
3. 4th Gen
4. 5th gen
I think 1st 6th and 3rd got what starters are ment to be right you like all 3 but there is 1 you love and for me these gens do that just right IMO

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
If we're going to rank them now, for me it would be:

1. 3rd
2. 6th
3. 5th
4. 1st
5. 4th
6. 2nd

Yeah, I don't care for the Kanto starters. Bring it.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
If I had to make a ranking of the starters, it would be this way:

1. Johto
2. Hoenn
3. Kanto
4. Kalos
5. Sinnoh
6. Unova

If we're talking about types, then:

Grass: Sceptile > Serperior > Meganium > Venusaur > Torterra > Chesnaught
Fire: Infernape > Delphox > Charizard > Blaziken > Typhlosion > Emboar
Water: Feraligatr > Samurott > Swampert > Blastoise > Greninja > Empoleon

Last edited:

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Froakie's final evolution seems cool, but I wouldn't say I have grown attached to it. Then again, it will take a whole gameplay for me to grow attach to my starter, although I never got close to my starters in Unova, not even for my nuzlocke.

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
1. Hoenn (all 3 are good)
2. Johto (like feraligatr and typlosion, meganium is okay)
3. Kalos (like chesnaught and Greninja is good and Delphox is meh)
4. Kanto (like charizard, blastoise is okay and venusaur is boring)
5. Sinnoh (Torterra is cool, warmed up to infernape, but still hate empoleon)
6. Unova (Samurott is awesome, serperior mehish, emboar...uch)

Last edited:

Arxeon

If we're going to rank them now, for me it would be:

1. 3rd
2. 6th
3. 5th
4. 1st
5. 4th
6. 2nd

Yeah, I don't care for the Kanto starters. Bring it.
I think this seems fair if someone asked which do I think is the laziest starters it would be 2nd gen but I like them over Gen 4 and 5's its weird how pokemon designs can do that

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Wow, nobody likes the Unova starters, huh? :(

I admit I don't care for Emboar, but I love both Serperior and Samurott.

Oh well. Haters gonna hate, I guess. I've always found the Johto starters a little bland, personally, but everyone seems to like them. Guess I'm just a little weird.

Arxeon

Oh well. Haters gonna hate, I guess. I've always found the Johto starters a little bland, personally, but everyone seems to like them. Guess I'm just a little weird.
I think for me Emboar just brings the other 2 down but I do think Johnto have the laziest designs IMO not that they are bad just I think they could have been a bit more imaginative

pkmaster56

pkmaster56
Pokemon Spoilers/leaks

So i found these spoilers there look pretty legit its basically saying that Quaildin evolves into chesnaught Braxien evolves into delphox amd frogadier evolves into grenninja it also shows some prettty awesome stuff lik extra pokemon you guys should check it out

IceDX

The One and Only
my starter rank:
1.1st (cuz there all great)
2.2nd (i love them all especially cyndaquil/typhosion)
3.5th (sammuroth and serperior re just too AWESOME and im sure i would hve loved Emboar he has a nice design but fire/fighting AGAIN made me dislike him..)
4.6th (I really like how they turned out with ther rpg theme and everything, looking forward to training them )
5.3rd (i like blaziken i think the other too are nice too just really dont care mutch for them design wise)
6.4th (Empoleon is here but the other two just piss me me off..)

but i actually like them all so..

Last edited:

Arxeon

my starter rank:
1.1st
2.2nd
3.5th
4.6th
5.3rd
6.4th

but i actually like them all so..
Yeah I like them all as well its like trying to pick your favourite flavour of icecream (Couldnt think of a better example)

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

Same here, but overall I find them the weakest bunch. That doesn't mean that I don't like them, though. I love all starters, to be frank.

Probably is more bias for me, since my favorite game is Crystal. And I prefer fast Pokemon over slow ones. But other than that, I like the originality of most starters and the latest ones are no exception for me.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
If we're going by regional starters, then I would say...
1. Sinnoh (I don't like the region itself, but I can't deny that the starters are very balanced and their designs are awesome. I love Torterra and Empoleon.)
2. Hoenn (I thought Hoenn did well for pokemon design with 2/3 starters being hybrid types and interesting moves. I love all 3 of them.)
3. Kanto (I like Kanto, but if going by designs, they're not as complex as the two above, but are good standing on their own, all 3 of them.)
4. Johto (I'm a Johto baby, but I will admit, as a whole, the set of starters are a bit bland. I love Feraligatr, but asides from that, everything is neutral)
5. Unova (Samurott was the only one I liked... The moment Tepig evolved, I wish he would stay as a piglet)
6. Kalos (Froakie's evo is the only one I'm ok with.)

LizardonX

Banned
I like how in sinnoh each starter has something to let them beat their weakness.

Torterra learns earthquake, Empoleon isn't weak to grass, and infernape can close combat empoleon.

Hopefully we get something like that in the future.

Venu

I know there's a bunch of humanoid pokemon, it was just my opinion that I don't like that all 3 of the new starters turned out humanoid, plus I personally don't like how they look. Not that they shouldn't exist because they're humanoid.

Also, my starter ranking would probably be
1. 1st.
2. 3rd.
3. 2nd.
4. 5th
5. 4th
6. 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.