• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this is the "Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread," not the "Post your rankings (that no one reads or cares about) of starters (who are not in X and Y) thread."

Whoever started this thing. I hope you're happy about what you did.

It's a Pokemon forum - get over it.

Arxeon

Yes, this is the "Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread," not the "Post your rankings (that no one reads or cares about) of starters (who are not in X and Y) thread."

Whoever started this thing. I hope you're happy about what you did.

I actually like reading other peoples opinions like and dislikes cause if you bother to read no single persons is the same and if you bothered to ask them I'm sure they can tell you why

Umbright

Pokemon Master
GUYS In just these 2 days the starters last evos have already grown a little in me, Im starting to apreciate their designs. When we were kids we did not judge the evos and those stuff, we just picked the one we liked the most! the coolest, the strongest or the cutest. Now almost everyone just complains cuz they have a perfect picture of how starters should be, and thats wrong!
Lets be as we were as kids and recieve with a great welcome and open heart the New Kalos Starters!!! :)
~~~~~~~~~~
Froakie - Frogadier - Greninja
Fennekin - Braixen - Delphox
Chespin - Quilladin - Chesnaught​
~~~~~~~~~~​

I am personally choosing froakie; cant wait to meet you Greninja! ;D
tumblr_mu2d51Ax111qa9o1co1_500.jpg

GUYS In just these 2 days the starters last evos have already grown a little in me, Im starting to apreciate their designs. When we were kids we did not judge the evos and those stuff, we just picked the one we liked the most! the coolest, the strongest or the cutest. Now almost everyone just complains cuz they have a perfect picture of how starters should be, and thats wrong!
Lets be as we were as kids and recieve with a great welcome and open heart the New Kalos Starters!!! :)
~~~~~~~~~~
Froakie - Frogadier - Greninja
Fennekin - Braixen - Delphox
Chespin - Quilladin - Chesnaught​
~~~~~~~~~~​

I am personally choosing froakie; cant wait to meet you Greninja! ;D
View attachment 10552
AGREED :D Let's just enjoy the new world, a new beginning... #teamfroakie
Actually I always Pick Water type starters, Every Gen is water type for me :3

PokeAJ

The Sugimori artwork has done the impossible: made me fall in love with Greninja. I can't believe I hated his guts at first!

R_N

The Sugimori artwork has done the impossible: made me fall in love with Greninja. I can't believe I hated his guts at first!

No sugimori artwork of any of the leaked pokemon has been released. Any artwork you see is fan art

PokeAJ

Here's my rankings:

Grass:
Venusaur > Sceptile > Serperior > Chesnaught > Torterra > Meganium (Chikorita line is my least favorite of all starters)

Fire:
Charizard (duh) > Blaziken > Emboar > Typhlosion > Infernape > Delphox

Water:
Blastoise > Feraligatr > Samurott > Empoleon > Greninja > Swampert (I never did liek mudkipz)

GEN 1 >>> GEN 3 > GEN 5 > GEN 2 > GEN 6 > GEN 4

So yeah, I'm one of those that really believes the gen I starters have never been toppled. They're just such perfect designs to me and they've never come close to duplicating that magic among the starters since, imo. Gen 4 has always been strange for me. I don't particularly dislike any of the starters, I just find them incredibly boring overall. Felt like next to no creativity to me, so that's why I rank it last. Whereas I have to at least give kudos for originality on this gen's starters, even if I don't particularly like it.

Icegaze

I'm going to name my Gredninja Gaius, I just want to see a Gredninja licking a lollypop~

I'm naming mine Kakashi. The ressemblance is uncanny.
Froakie will be the only Pokemon I give a pet name to.

WNDR

Today I have decided 100% I shall choose Froakie! fully evolve him and name him Azureus, after the species of tree frog, who's own name comes from azure, the colour blue.

Preferred move pool
Scald
Hopefully dark pulse
Sludgewave/Surf/Extrasensory/ice beam

msiew10

Scald
Close Combat
Bounce
Dark Pulse

Teraflare

Now that we know the starters' types, what kind of moves do you expect them to learn by level up? The addition of exclusive moves such as Water Shuriken, Mystical Fire and Spiky Shield were brilliant, but what about moves that define their archetype?

msiew10

what does spiky shield do ? kinda like protect but do damage if the pokemon use physical hit ?

MrDuck

I have the same feeling with these starters as I had with gen 4 starters. I really love them all, then again I never disliked any starter. I'm optimistic like that.

I make the resemblance with gen 4 starters because they're all dual typed, appear to all have good movepools and they just look so cool.

Also guys, don't judge them entirely on the leaked images, I saw someone say Delphox has tiny eyes. They all have tiny eyes based on those leaked pics. They will look way better in their official artwork and when you see them on your own ds screen.

Vaizel

You mean these aren't the sugimori art here:

But they look so legit!

They do seem pretty legit, but I don't think the art for the final evos of the starters are out yet. Still pretty cool though. Hoping that Delphox's male sprite will turn out a little different. Looking at all those fan-arts prior to their release got my hopes for them too high :(

Status
Not open for further replies.