• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I'm cool, too!

Grass
Chesnaught > Torterra > Venusaur > Sceptile > Meganium > Serperior

Fire
Infernape > Charizard > Blaziken > Typhlosion > Delphox > Emboar

Water
Empoleon > Feraligatr > Samurott > Blastoise > Swampert > Greninja

Anyone think Chesnaught will get an exclusive move?
Delphox has Mystical Fire, so…

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I still hope that they're all fake.

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
The denial is strong with this fanbase.

I assume everybody is just gonna go through the 5 stages of grief with this pack of starters, miju.

Colton S

Beware Bewear
Grass
Sceptile=Torterra>Serperior>Chesnaught>Meganium>Venusaur
Fire
Typhlosion>Delphox>Blaziken>Infernape>Charizard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Emboar
Water
Blastoise=Empoleon>Swampert>Greninja>Samurott

Arxeon

I assume everybody is just gonna go through the 5 stages of grief with this pack of starters, miju.
I think these are actually the best starters we have ever had IMO

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

You'd think people would learn by now not to let fanart raise their expectations.

jonnyc

Grass: Torterra > Serperior > Sceptile = Chesnaught > Venusaur > Meganium

Fire: Infernape > Charizard > Delphox > Typhlosion = Blaziken > Emboar

Water: Greninja > Feraligatr > Blastoise = Empoleon = Samurott = Swampert

*'=' means the starters are ranked the same IMO

FlySolo

I normally always say to take rumors for 95% confirmed and never 100%, but even I know that these are the real deal. There's even video proof, kinda hard to fake that I think. These simply aren't rumors anymore.

Video proof? Can u please a link to this alleged video proof? I've only seen pics no videos.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Anyone think Chesnaught will get an exclusive move?
Delphox has Mystical Fire, so…

It seems that Chesnaught has Spiky Shield (which protects from attacks while damaging the opponent if it makes physical contact), while Greninja has Water Shuriken (physical priority multi-hitting move, it seems).

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I don't mind the first 2 stages l, just the final evolutions.

LittleEvil

Veteran Trainer
I know there's no evidence to support this, but has anyone thought that maybe instead of a reverse triangle to balance each starter out, they'd go the other direction and make each one uber effective against their counterpart? Like if Fennekin's line ends up as fire/psychic, then maybe Froakie's line would be water/dark. And to double counter Froakie, Chespin's line would end up actually being grass/fighting. Again, I KNOW nothing supports this, Froakie and Chespin don't have moves that we know of to support these types. The only thing it does support is the whole mage/fighter/rogue theory. Just a thought I had that might be worth discussing. Honestly, I see it more playing out as fire/psychic, grass/rock, water/fighting, but I am fine with however it turns out, as long as Froakie isn't a monotype.

Well, well, well...Look who called it on the starters final typings! (Barring that the leaks are not fake of course)

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
It seems that Chesnaught has Spiky Shield (which protects from attacks while damaging the opponent if it makes physical contact), while Greninja has Water Shuriken (physical priority multi-hitting move, it seems).

Seems kinda messed up that he has that awesome move with sub-par special defenses..

miju :c

cant believe froakie hasnt passed chespin in the poll yet
since everyone did it
grass
sceptile>serperior>venasaur>torterra>meganium>chesnaught

fire
typhlosion>charizard>blaziken>infernape>delphox>emboar

water
blastoise>samurott>greninja>empoleon>feraligatr>swampert

Aegon

I think I'll be going with Froakie now. While I like Delphox, I am slightly disappointed with it and there are other Fire-types I'm more interested in.

philzone

Ready for trumpets
I was disappointed with delfox, but for me, I'll stick with my original choice of chespin (my bro is getting froakie, so Ill nab one from him). A tank looks awesome.
#teamchespin

Arxeon

I think I'll be going with Froakie now. While I like Delphox, I am slightly disappointed with it and there are other Fire-types I'm more interested in.
Yeah for some reason the moment I saw Fennekin I thought its great now but its at its peak

Status
Not open for further replies.