• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
I don't believe I got to rank by generation, so...

Gen I
Charizard > Blastoise > Venusaur
Gen II
Feraligatr = Typhlosion > Meganium
Gen III
Sceptile > Blaziken > Swampert
Gen IV
Infernape = Empoleon > Torterra
Gen V
Samurott > Serperior > Emboar
Gen VI
Chesnaught > Greninja > Delphox

Although I don't particularly hate any starters. No, not even Emboar. :p

Gen II > Gen VI > Gen V > Gen III > Gen IV > Gen I

Evie Snow

Besides, the designs were awesome. I don't see what everyone is complaining about.

It's this magical thing called an 'opinion' that quite a lot of people possess!

Seriously though, people are mostly disappointed because they all saw awesome fanart and their expectations were way too high. I was the same to start with, but I'm slowly growing to like Delphox.

FlySolo

Seriously though, people are mostly disappointed because they all saw awesome fanart and their expectations were way too high. I was the same to start with, but I'm slowly growing to like Delphox.
Yeah that's what happened to me... Expectations became too high, but I agree delphox has grown on me, but I'm still disappointed that it looks so feminine

Alpacawhisperer

Pokemon master
I l think delphox would better if they cut some of the front off the "dress" do it looks more like robe.

Evie Snow

but I'm still disappointed that it looks so feminine

Disappointed that it looked so feminine? But... Braixen is ridiculously feminine. It should've been no huge surprise really that Delphox does too. For me it was the fact that it looked rather plain and simple.

I l think delphox would better if they cut some of the front off the "dress" do it looks more like robe.

COMPLETELY agree with this. A robe look is what I expected Braixen's 'skirt' to turn into, not a dress. It looks like a ragged old dress rather than the epic cape/robe it could've been.

Raidorz

Froakie line.. *sigh* You're the biggest dissapointment. Frogadier had the best first stage evolution and gamefreak had to ruin it again. Greninja a tongue wrapped around its neck, one word to describe that: GROSS! Even Quilladin looks better and the weird head of Greninja is awful. But the most thing that bothers me is the tongue. Without the tongue I would've probably give Froakie a go. A freaking tongue wrapped around Greninja. Get ready for some Pokémon Greninja creepypasta's.

Anyways guess I'm going Chespin. Chespin looks great, Quilladin is a dissapointment aswell but I don't mind IF IT IS GONNA EVOLVE LATER IN A TOTAL BUTT KICKING EPIC GRASS TYPE JUGGERNAUT NAMED CHESNAUGHT! Going for grass this generation, Chespin and Chesnaught look great.
Anyways:

Sceptile>Torterra>Chesnaught>Venusaur>Serperior>Meganium.

Charmander/Chespin combo ftw.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I won't rank all the Starter Pokemon since I think that would be unfair to the newest ones, but I do think that in terms of Gen 6's Starters: Greninja >>> Chesnaught >>>>> Delphox. I'm a Greninja fan only because it looks slightly cooler than Chesnaught imo, and I've already ranted about Delphox so my thoughts on it are known lol.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
It looks like a robe to me. *shrug*

Would've picked Greninja without the tongue. I still don't see why people like a gross tongue scarf but oh well..
People seem to be picking their poison. You know - all of them suck, but Greninja is the lesser of the three evils.

Plus, ninja are more popular than knights and mages.

Raidorz

It's a scarf just so you know and it's gross. A tongue wrapped around your neck, imagine that in real life.

Nope still don't see why people like it.

Chesnaught is the best out of the three, I can imagine it crushing the bones of Deplhox.
And grab the tongue scarf of Greninja and spin him around.
AT THE SAME TIME.

Yeah.. Chesnaught is a total boss..

Monocross

I'm pretty much in love with all of the Kalos starters, exception being that I love Chespin's line the MOST!! I loved Chespin from THE moment I saw him way back in that first trailer in January and when Quilladin came along, I adored the whole line that much more cause I'm a sucker for the cutie-patootie starters that are on the more "plus" size of the spectrum!! All that brings us to Chesnaught, and DIZZAMN!!, I'm pretty sure my heart skipped a beat or two!! He looks so intimidating and just tough as hell!! I love his color scheme and the burly, almost militaristic flair it gives him!! I can't wait to use him, though I'm planning on using all three, but he's my main for sure!!

As I said before, I'm quite fond of all three of the new starters, for different reasons and to varying degrees, they both have some cons in my book, but I still see them both as solid starters that I hope will each serve others as well as my bro Chesnaught will me!!

Now, I want to also give my "Rating of Starters":
Grass
Venusaur=Chesnaught>Meganium>Torterra>Serperior>Sceptile

Fire
Typhlosion>Delphox=Emboar=Charizard=Infernape>Blaziken

Water
Swampert=Blastoise>Samurott>Greninja>Feraligatr>Empoleon

Last edited:

Vyper1000

It's a scarf just so you know and it's gross. A tongue wrapped around your neck, imagine that in real life.

Nope still don't see why people like it.

Chesnaught is the best out of the three, I can imagine it crushing the bones of Deplhox.
And grab the tongue scarf of Greninja and spin him around.
AT THE SAME TIME.

Yeah.. Chesnaught is a total boss..

Then Chesnaut was dropped with a single aerial ace. THE END.

Raidorz

Atleast Chestnaught isn't scared of jigglypuff like Greninja.

Greninja is nothing compared to Chestnaught.

Greninja is the 'creeper' of this generation because he has tongue wrapped around his neck. What a freak..

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I can see everyone is giving their order of starters for each type.... MY TURN!!!!!

Fire (of course i'd give this first... my favorite type ever ... ok cause of my hair color being red/orange like fire)

Charizard, Blaziken, Delphox, Typhlosion, Infernape, Emboar

Grass

Sceptile, Serperior, Meganium, Venusaur, Chesnaught, Torterra

Water

Blastoise, Feraligatr, Greninja, Swampert, Samurott, Empoleon

Let us hope all the starters (except our poor new friends) all get megas this gen!!!!!! And I hope all our old starters get newer moves in their movepools/egg moves

vespiqueen

I think what bothers me the most about Fennekin's final form is that it looks so tall and lanky, and with that drape around it, it looks slow to me. I was hoping for a design that looked more agile..

Anyway, I might as well join in on the ranking.

Fire (My favorites until 5th and 6th gen)
Infernape
Blaziken
Typhlosion
Charizard
Emboar
Delphox

Water
Blastoise/Feraligatr
Empoleon
Samurott
Marshtomp
Greninja

Grass
Venusaur
Sceptile
Meganium
Serperior/Chesnaught
Torterra

Shraeder

It's Lit

Greninja is the 'creeper' of this generation because he has tongue wrapped around his neck. What a freak..

Fighting is weak to Fairy lol

Raidorz

Doesn't change the fact that Greninja still is the 'creeper' of this generation with his tongue wrapped around its neck.

I don't see how fighting is weak to fairy but oh well, Needle Arm should do the trick with fairy types.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Doesn't change the fact that Greninja still is the 'creeper' of this generation with his tongue wrapped around its neck.

I don't see how fighting is weak to fairy but oh well, Needle Arm should do the trick with fairy types.

Well...it is a Dark type so a tongue around its neck kinda makes sense.

Why would Needle Arm do anything against Fairy types?

Raidorz

Jigglypuff is normal/fairy a needle arm or close combat should finish it off.

Greninja is gross, a tongue wrapped around its neck and using it as a scarf.
GF went full retarted when making Greninja.

SageofTruth

Greninja Assassin

Greninja does ice beam and chesnaught faints

Status
Not open for further replies.