1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 8, 2013.

?

Which starter would you use?

1. Chespin

845 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. Fennekin

1,329 vote(s)
    42.2%
  3. Froakie

849 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 vote(s)
    4.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SILVER XD

SILVER XD Momentai, bro.

That would be even cooler if she were to materialize the staff when she needed it. I'm imagining Roxas summoning his keyblade just with less numbers.

I also think that Fennekin's shift from 4 legs to 2 makes sense. Maybe she started out as a more simple tox with some dormant or low-level magical abilities, then she gains more knowledge and begins to walk upright and continues to learn until she's a master Mage

I'm really glad that she didn't become an old bearded sorcerer. Unless it was Gandalf, Gandalf is always good

2. Plus side down side

Plus side down side Lass Trainer

He will be battling a Trevenant.

3. PinkNinjaCatty

PinkNinjaCatty Dark Trainer

As it was also, already explained, the artwork style doesn't seem to match.
    As it was also, already explained, it isn't denial, because I like them, and it isn't calling them fake, because I said I think it could be either way.

But to me, in my opinion, the footage does not look consistent, particularly in the Poke Amie part with Greninja, where the pattern on his head looks nothing like it does in the sprite image from the summary page, also in the footage.

The evolutions themselves, also do not, in my humble opinion, match the art style itself, all huge changes set aside. The style itself.

It was only what I thought, that I wanted to share, I don't quite understand why several people have been so vehemently rude, instead of just saying politely that, "no, that doesn't really sound plausible, to me"

Like I said, we'll all see Saturday anyway.

4. BurningWhiteKyurem

BurningWhiteKyurem Well-Known Member

Comparing the two views is flawed in the first place. Because Pokemon-Amie has a full facial view of your Pokemon, whereas the summary page has an aerial-esque view of your Pokemon (it doesn't help that Greninja sort of ducks in a ninja pose). The only Starter Pokemon that's consistent is Chesnaught (bc I haven't seen Delphox's Poke-Amie model).

Also, how can one say it doesn't match the art style when we don't have the official art to compare with?

5. soondububear

soondububear Member

personally, i've thought this from the get go. the style for the leaked evos doesn't match up not only with their previous forms, but the style of all the revealed pokemon. but since it seems that they're legit i've been telling myself that this is simply because we've only seen them as sprites.

also, to back the idea that delphox should be pulling a wand or something out of somewhere, chesnaught is equipped with a spikey shell [perfect for it's signature move] and greninja has the shuriken shaped light blue patches on its legs which i bet will glow and be the source of the water shuriken in the tv animation.

6. SageofTruth

SageofTruth Greninja Assassin

Basically Froakie is like bagon in a sense. Wants to be ninja so bad that it uses it's foam like a mask and even goes as far to make shurikens with foam and rock. It DNA reacts and it becomes an actual ninja. Greninja in the anime will be epic. The producers must of saw the potential for all the shuriken shenanigans and decided ash should get froakie.

7. SergantGold

SergantGold Based Feebas

I keep swing people saying they are gonna box the 6th he starters for charizard. Charizard sucked along with half of first gen. It just looks so plain and unimagintive. It's small fat ugly dragon that isn't even a dragon type. I could rant on for hours about the terrible designs of first gen.

8. BurningWhiteKyurem

BurningWhiteKyurem Well-Known Member

And you think your opinion on 1st gen designs is going to change other people's play styles? Get real.

Yveltal96 likes this.
  9. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

Lol! Chespin and Froakie are finally tied in votes! :D

10. Plus side down side

Plus side down side Lass Trainer

People are allowed to like whatever they want. Besides, you are using Caterpie, a first generation Pokemon as your avatar. They must have done something right.

Not liking a design does not mean it is bad. It just means that you don't like it.

11. SergantGold

SergantGold Based Feebas

I was using caterpie as a joke. I'm not saying all of gen one is bad, I saying stuff like voltorb seaming and charziard is bad, because they are either
    A. An object with google eyes on it
    b look exactly like the animal it's based off of, and possibly shares a name with it.
    Or C. Is based off of something random with few changes and made fat

I'd love to stop, I got off topic

12. DinoKing

DinoKing Burn...

Delphox doesn't look like either of those Digimon at all.

13. ECM

ECM Well-Known Member

Then you shouldn't have started by insulting the classic Pokémon that started it all. You're entitled to your opinion, but you can't expect no backlash with comments like that.

Anyway. I'm loving Chesnaught! Favorite starter this generation. It's looking like my starters are officially gonna be Froakie and Bulbasaur for one, and Chespin and Charmander for the other. This gen is gonna be awesome!

14. Blankenship

Blankenship Brotherman

Just now saw the final evo leaks.

My favorite is Froakie's. Just an overall cool design. Not too complicated. Weird that the bubbles are gone, though.

Second is Chespin's. Not what I was thinking. It's not terrible, Looks completely different from Chespin and Quilladon. Same reason I didn't like Samurott.

Least favorite by far is Fenniken's. I had a sinking feeling the very first time I saw Fenniken that it'd evolve into a humanoid shape. I hate that. Not a fan of making animals look like humans. I get the whole "witch" design, which it fits; but they could've done just as good a job and still had it resemble a fox. Right now it just looks like a lady in a robe with a fox head.

15. SageofTruth

SageofTruth Greninja Assassin

When I get a chespin (somehow) I will name him Sir Grain. Kudos to those who get the reference.

16. Golden_Latias

Golden_Latias #SlayQueenSlay

Charizard is popular because it's a "simple" dragon and because it came first. I haven't met a single person in my life who doesn't like dragons. They're about as mythical as the dragons themselves.
    Well... and the Megas help, especially the Red Eyes Black Charizard X players get.

But yeah. If people want to play the game that way, it's their business. *shrug*

On another note, someone needs to make a "Haters gonna hate" fanart for Delphox, since everyone and their grandma seems to think she's the ugliest thing ever. I've seen a few with her crying over her unpopularity, but none with the whole "haters gonna hate" vibe. I would totally sig that.

17. Arxeon

Arxeon Well-Known Member

Well Froakie just overtook Chespin in the poll

18. Yveltal96

Yveltal96 A little more human

I thought that was a little odd as well, I always thought that the bubbles were going to be implemented somehow in the final evo. I wonder why they did that.
    As for Chesnaut and Delphox, they are actually tied for first for me. Don't get me wrong, Greninja is damn sexy, but I am loving the other two. I guess you could say I just frickin love all three of them.

19. RXL Hope

RXL Hope User

Wait a sec, we can now get Shauna's starter (I think the one that yours has the type advantage over) after beating the elite four?

20. Arxeon

Arxeon Well-Known Member

I think it loses its bubbles cause As certain frogs mature they lose there bubbles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.