• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://i40.*******.com/24xpel1.jpg
Crappy screenshots from the video :)

Dang, almost considered naming my Ragnaros. "BY FIRE BE PURGED!"

Last Entei

Charizard Master!
Well...

[spoil]If you get a Froakie, you will be able to trade for a Fennekin with one of your rivals after the League.[/spoil]
I know that,I also have a brother whos getting both X And Y..But its more special when you start off with your first starter in a new game

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Even though im getting froakie, and that u can get the weaker starter later on, im still going to get Fennekin off the GTS hopefully and breed it :)

Lonely Nature Mew

Pokemon Breeder
Still holding with my "I'm going with Fennekin" thing. I'm a dragon/psychic/ghost/fairy type trainer. He/She/It will fit right in. Plus, look how adorable it is!

Sukiza

Gardevoir fan
wait a sec, is it still using the wand? lol this surprising turn makes me have to choose between chespin and fennekin.. i bet he hides his staff below his dress ? ^^

KingKaijuice

wait a sec, is it still using the wand? lol this surprising turn makes me have to choose between chespin and fennekin.. i bet he hides his staff below his dress ? ^^

I'm sure the wand will change a lot of peoples minds!

I didn't care to much for the wand thing, but seein Delphox in motion has really changed my view of it. In the video it doesn't show where the wand exactly comes from, but it's an area in the dress, either way its way cool

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
what is the base power for Mystical Fire and Water Shuriken? also how much damage does Spikey Shield do to physical attackers?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Guys, we finally know a Dark-type move learned by Greninja!

[IMGSIZE=400]http://www.smogon.com/forums/attachments/1381356358620-jpg.2054/[/IMGSIZE]

Yeah, it's Thief... but surely it will get some other useful moves, like Faint Attack or Sucker Punch.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
60 and 15*2-5, respectively. And I assume that spiky shield does 12.5% damage like Rough Skin.

oh they seem a bit.... of a let down lol guess I will stick with Fire Blast, and Waterfall/Hydro Pump unless they have some cool effects?

Spikey Shield seems good for a protect style move at least

[IMGSIZE=400]http://www.smogon.com/forums/attachments/1381356358620-jpg.2054/[/IMGSIZE]

Yeah, it's Thief... but surely it will get some other useful moves, like Faint Attack or Sucker Punch.

Forget thief,
Mat block looks like it's gonna be amazing in doubs.

Aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool

Hm. Mat block sounds....interesting.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Greninja seems pretty varied, Mat Block sounds good.

oh they seem a bit.... of a let down lol guess I will stick with Fire Blast, and Waterfall/Hydro Pump unless they have some cool effects?

Spikey Shield seems good for a protect style move at least

Greninja's move has priority btw.

Last edited:

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Is there already a Dex entry for Greninja?

Gipauchii

Elite Trainer

IMACHARIZARDGUY

Pokemon Master
The starters look a lot better now that i've gone away and removed all the bull complaining etc on the forums.

As stand alone pokemon they look very good and are actually all pretty decent. I'd rate the collective trio as 3rd best out of all of them as a whole

Delphox looks great with the wand.

Greninja looks awesome

Just waiting on Chesnaught's video / gameplay now

Status
Not open for further replies.