• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I think Chesnaught's best Fighting move it will be able to learn that's reliable is Brick Break. I don't see it getting Close Combat or Hi Jump Kick. It may get Focus Blast, but that's not physical. D:

Don't be silly, if anything it's best Fighting move will be Arm Thrust like BW1 Emboar.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm seeing Hammer Arm with Chesnaught actually. :p

Shraeder

It's Lit
Fighting moves I can see Chesnaught learning:
Power Up Punch
Brick Break
Superpower
Hammer Arm

Greninja Dark type moves:
Dark Pulse
Faint Attack
Sucker Punch
New special Dark move

Not going to do Delphox since we already know 3 Psychic moves it learns.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Fighting moves I can see Chesnaught learning:
Power Up Punch
Brick Break
Superpower
Hammer Arm

Greninja Dark type moves:
Dark Pulse
Faint Attack
Sucker Punch
New special Dark move

Not going to do Delphox since we already know 3 Psychic moves it learns.

Agreed. As for Greninja, it needs Pursuit, while Chesnaught needs Rolling Kick.

cmats4020

That wouldn't make much sense. The reason all starters are mostly male is because, being given as gifts and supposed to be rare, GF wants them to be hard to breed. That's why, no matter how feminine they look (Chikorita line), they're always mostly male.

I don't think they'd change it now.

Maybe there will be an element of surprise and females get the 87.5 ratio instead.

Just kidding, won't happen.

Who knows? With this gen, GF hasn't really been following their normal standards and has broken tradition.

Rhynox

Personally hoping for a moveset wich is kind of a mix between Conkeldurr and ferrothorn. A bulky attacker with boosting moves, complete with priority and draining moves, in addition to support moves like leech seed, spikes, etc. That'd be amazing

Spyfox4989

Water Pokemon Master
So no word on Dark type moves for Greninja? Still? Isn't anybody playing with a Greninja right now and can tell us?!

Status
Not open for further replies.