• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
I love how much fanart is rolling around about those starters. But I'm pretty sure none of them until now got it right. I mean, did anyone predict Samurott? I sure didn't! but I think Fennekin will end up looking "elegant", and Froakie will end up being an elder frog. Still can't make anything out of Chespin though...

Sealotic

But... It looks weird. That ninja-sque fake evolution is way better.
Also, Chespin's reminds me too much of Typhlosion for some reason o.o

These still are my favorites: Froakie, Chespin and Fennekin

Exactly what I truly like !
It makes me think about which one I'll finally choose even if I firstly like Fennekin.
Also, this is the only Fanart where Froakie seems to be... nice, at is last evo.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I love how much fanart is rolling around about those starters. But I'm pretty sure none of them until now got it right. I mean, did anyone predict Samurott? I sure didn't!

You're right. No one predicted right the Sinnoh and Unova starters and the same is going to happen with this new bunch.

Exactly what I truly like !
It makes me think about which one I'll finally choose even if I firstly like Fennekin.
Also, this is the only Fanart where Froakie seems to be... nice, at is last evo.

Yay, another appreciator for these awesome fanarts.
I would be in doubt about Chespin or Froakie if these evolutions weren't fake.

Btw, that is a cute signature you have.

john90

Guys Junichi Masuda will be on Pokemon smash!! Probably nothing new..But I like when that man is on Smash..

Shraeder

It's Lit
Lower Defenses than Dusknoir though, but higher HP and speed.

HP: 90
Atk: 100
Def: 100
Sp. Atk: 65
Sp. Def: 100
Speed: 65

All my stats are equalling 520 XD

That's what I think it'll be. For Froakie:

HP:80
Atk:100/90
Def:70
Sp. Atk:80/90
Sp. Def:70
Speed:120

I think Froakie will either be a speedy attacker or a speedy mixed attacker.

Edit: Guess I'll do Fennekin too:

HP: 70
Atk: 75
Def: 65
Sp. Atk: 120
Sp. Def: 90
Speed: 100

Thought I'd just keep them all at 520 so they're even.

My stat predictions. I tried to use general numbers and not numbers like 123 or 76.

Last edited:

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Watching Smash stream at the mo. They've mentioned Y and X so we know we'll get some news, even if it's just what we know (this is VERY likely). Hey, I can dream we'll get starter evolution silhouettes.

Slightly more interesting though, Pokemon.com is down. At the same time that Smash airs. Coincidence, or potentially an update in progress?

john90

Watching Smash stream at the mo. They've mentioned Y and X so we know we'll get some news, even if it's just what we know (this is VERY likely). Hey, I can dream we'll get starter evolution silhouettes.

Slightly more interesting though, Pokemon.com is down. At the same time that Smash airs. Coincidence, or potentially an update in progress?
Concidence. For sure..

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~

Could you kindly give me a link so that I can see it to? If possible? <3

Zorgaz

Veteran

Can you link the stream? :)

Shraeder

It's Lit

There's no such thing as coincidence - Leroy Jethro Gibbs

john90

*Crosses fingers* If they show Fennekin's evolved forms, please let them be elegant. D:
Actually they have not revealed the starters on the show yet. It's almost impossible they will reveal the evolutions..

R_N

Actually they have not revealed the starters on the show yet. It's almost impossible they will reveal the evolutions..

Please listen to this man

If they show stuff, it will likely just be the trailer, the legends &/or the starters.
Curb those expectations, people

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I really wonder why do we make predictions about Pokémon, even though they're pretty powerless because we aren't the designers. Why isn't there a way we can ever make mature suggestions to GameFreak? I put in mature to the question because GameFreak can't take us seriously if we sent in a crappy drawing of a blue horse and said, "Make this a Pokémon!". If we could have such an option in the design of new Pokémon, however, there should be a small amount of suggestions actually put into action so there aren't many spoilers.

Non-rant-wise…
All Pokémon this gen look lik they have decent potential. I say this because of the amount of unconventionality of them compared to other starters.
Chespin is the first Grass starter to not be based off a reptile, but a mammal.
Fennekin is a fox Pokémon, almost like a rodent, but still different than Cyndaquil, who I didn't even know was supposed to be a porcupine.
Froakie is a more familiar amphibian as a frog and not like an axolotl (Mudkip).

However, all starters are unique. Still, I would really like to have all three starters in my Pokémon X/Y run like I did in Black, no matter how their final evo looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.