• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to choose starters in any region ! But, I do like gen 4 a lot. Their typing was very unique. Also, I'm happy that people are not bashing the gen 6 starters. It was becoming a trend of sorts. Thumps UP to GF ! :)

Gen 5 didn't have bad starters..they were just kinda weak compared with the rest..i am glad there are not many people bashing the Gen 6 starters..

493pkmns

secret suicune
Are there any good french names for my starter pokemon Froakie? Post below..

Well, the french word for frog is Grenouille and for toad it's Crapeau. Besides that, I don't really know. Feel free to just insert a pun into one of those if you want.

493pkmns

secret suicune

latios reborn

Way back when I said I was going to always go with the water starter as I used to love water types, But that all changed and to get on point I really like Fennekin

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Since everyone else is doing this, here is my imagination of fennekin's final form: http://sharkjaw.deviantart.com/#/d5s30nb

I am seeing a speedy attacker with flying as its secondary type.

I like how its ears look like wings, but as someone else said I've seen more detailed, grander fanarts.

Also, as much as I and others can cope with a fire/flying, it'd get a LOT of hate because of its weakness to stone edge and stealth rock.

Solacen

If Fennekin was fast and had the high sp.atk of both fire and psychic types it would make it a rather attractive damage dealer. Albeit probably a glass cannon.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I was checking the japanese official site for x & y. It seems much more detailed then the english site. Can't read Japanese though..
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/xy/pokemon/

A Japanese Translator translates to me and it's just said, in the first paragraph, what is a Pokémon game. In the next paragraph, however, it's about the starters types, saying that Fire is good on Grass, Grass is good on Water and Water is good on Fire, like the "rock, paper, scissor" game (that's what they are saying). Like a cercle. That's make me suspicious about the second types of the starters, though.

Last edited:

john90

A Japanese Translator translates to me and it's just said, in the first paragraph, what is Pokémon. In the next paragraph, however, it's about types, saying that Fire is good on Grass, Grass is good on Water and Water is good on Fire, like the "rock, paper, scissor" game (that's what they are saying).

Oh thanks!!

john90

A Japanese Translator translates to me and it's just said, in the first paragraph, what is Pokémon. In the next paragraph, however, it's about types, saying that Fire is good on Grass, Grass is good on Water and Water is good on Fire, like the "rock, paper, scissor" game (that's what they are saying). Like a cercle. That's make me suspicious about the types of the starters, though.
Well it's always been like that.. If they explain what pokemon are maybe they just wanted to do the same with types..

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
A Japanese Translator translates to me and it's just said, in the first paragraph, what is a Pokémon game. In the next paragraph, however, it's about the starters types, saying that Fire is good on Grass, Grass is good on Water and Water is good on Fire, like the "rock, paper, scissor" game (that's what they are saying). Like a cercle. That's make me suspicious about the second types of the starters, though.

LOL we are 6 gens into this and they still talk about these stuff.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
LOL we are 6 gens into this and they still talk about these stuff.

It's, after all, the bases. If there is new players this year (I am sure of it), they will, at least, have some new informations. But, I have to admit, these informations are usless for us.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
It's, after all, the bases. If there is new players this year (I am sure of it), they will, at least, have some new informations. But, I have to admit, these informations are usless for us.

The new players would know it already ( unless they are like 7-10, in that case I doubt they would come online anyway ). They are after all much more well equipped then we ever were back when we started.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Status
Not open for further replies.