• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Cut

You wanna go through Chespin? You gotta go through me first?

But seriously, I think that Chespin is the best of the starters, just the best looking imo. Froakie comes in at a close second, at least at the moment, it gets better each time I see it. Vulpix is pretty meh. Wait, did I say Vulpix?

Like others have said, I'm feeling pretty confident about the typings. At the very least, it looks unlikely that Fennekin will be Fire/Fighting. As for Chespin, I'd draw your attentions to that red tip on it's tail. It's a very small detail but suggests that Chespin is likely to receive a dual type such as Fighting or Steel. A lot of people are saying Fennekin will be part Psychic, but I think that's a higher possibility for Froakie. His glasses suggest a high special attack and intelligence, and Water Types are known for being predominately specially based. So, I guess, if there's a Fight/Dark/Psychic core going on here, that makes Fennekin part Dark in the end, which isn't unlikely. It's a cunning fox, you see. I think, if this is the case, we can expect a suitably badass, shifty looking final evolution.

bblast616

Pokemon Trainer
Water types all the way! I actually love Froakie's unique look. He's my choice unless Ches or Fenny have a super unique typing for their evo. More importantly than their baby forms, I hope these guys have cooler final evolutions that last Gen's starters did. Emboar took a while to like, and Samurott is badass enough, but Serperior is bland.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
I swear, as long as Fennekin is NOT a Fire/Fighting type, I'll be fine. I usually always like the fire types the most (Charizard and Infernape FTW!), but it pissed me off when they did a third Fire/Fighting IN A ROW. Because of this, I chose Snivy for my Black playthrough and Oshawott for my White 2 playthrough. At least Emboar looks like Ganon from Legend of Zelda, which is pretty cool I guess.

Anyway, yeah. Just as long as Fennekin isn't Fire/Fighting, then I think I already know which one of the starters I'm going to be choosing.

i really like all the starters, i think its going to end up Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting. I really and interested to see the grass types evolution i really like its look.

Burumun

I'm probably gonna go with either Froakie or Chespin, depending on the evolutions. Although when I first saw the trailer, I thought I would definitely go with Fennekin, but the fact that it seems that the majority wants it (including my boyfriend, and there's no way I'll share my starter).
I reeeeeaaaalllyy hope none of Froakie's evolutions look like Seismitoad, though. I hate Seismitoad, but Froakie is my favorite of the starters, so far.

Fennekin is my favorite. The other two...disappoint me. I hope the evolutions are better. I'll be choosing Fennekin. I mwan, I love all grass type starters...not Chespin. It looks Grass/Ground...like Torterra. Oh no ;^;

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
You wanna go through Chespin? You gotta go through me first?
But seriously, I think that Chespin is the best of the starters, just the best looking imo. Froakie comes in at a close second, at least at the moment, it gets better each time I see it. Vulpix is pretty meh. Wait, did I say Vulpix?

I think Chespin is the coolest looking, while Fennekin is the cutest. But I love Froakie's design too xD

shac

I really think Gamefreak has done a good job with the starter design this time around. I always tend to put the starters side by side with the previous ones and compare them design-wise. And I have to say they all come out pretty unique.

As someone mentioned earlier, Chespin would be the first mammal for a grass starter, good color scheme and a cute design to boot. Looks really cheerful and energetic, and if I were to hazzard a guess I would say would turn into grass/fighting or grass/ground.

Fennekin, the fennec fox looks really cool, albeit similar looking to zorua. But very different design-wise among the fire starters. I hope it evolves into a bi-pedal (failing that semi bi-pedal like Samurott) werewolf looking creature. I do strongly get a fire/psychic vibe from it.

Froakie is the most interesting design-wise. Not the best, but definitely very interesting. You can complain all you want about how a water type frog is redundant, but it requires creativity to design another water frog and make it look different than the existing ones. I am most curious to see what they are going to make out of it, since it will need to look quite different than Seismitoad or Poliwrath. Can see it becoming water/fighting type at the end of the evolution run.

But I get the feeling that they would pull a gen 2 with the evolutions and leave them to be pure grass/fire/water types.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I really like Froakie and Fiinagan. I'm going to use both of them on X and Y. I don't like Chespin

Status
Not open for further replies.