• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
(regarding Fennekin becoming part Fighting) Goodbye me ever playing pokemon ever again :/

lol at your lack of dedication to the franchise.

(regarding Chespin becomeing part Rock) no. that would be a stupid type.

You kidding? I think it's already been mentioned all the reasons that this typing would make Chespin a BAMF.

The rumor is that Froakie is somewhat based on Ben Franklin who spent extensive time in France (even though i find that basing pokemon on there regions never truly happens unless scraggy) which could slighlty explain water/electric.
Plus there are folk tales about cloud frogs and thunder and hes got the cloud bubble growth stuff on him.
Im picking froakie no matter what and im just hoping hes a fast as heck ninja frog with some sage references who hits hard and fast and has a nice option to leave, STAB Volt Switch would be awesome

Everything you just said is stuff that I like.
I am also picking Froakie regardless, since it's looking like we may not have the final evos revealed by the release date and I like him the best out of the 3 starters.

The rumor is that Froakie is somewhat based on Ben Franklin who spent extensive time in France (even though i find that basing pokemon on there regions never truly happens unless scraggy) which could slighlty explain water/electric.
Plus there are folk tales about cloud frogs and thunder and hes got the cloud bubble growth stuff on him.
Im picking froakie no matter what and im just hoping hes a fast as heck ninja frog with some sage references who hits hard and fast and has a nice option to leave, STAB Volt Switch would be awesome

Where did you get that Franklin rumour

Froakin' Koga

I dont think that gamefreak made froakie with franklin (wow those names are actually similar once i type them hmmmm) in mind but i do think they made froakie to end up being a sage like wiseman with the glasses and hand position and the first person we think of is ben.

MonfernoFreak

~Monferno is boss~
I am also picking Froakie regardless, since it's looking like we may not have the final evos revealed by the release date and I like him the best out of the 3 starters.

I think that they'll definitely reveal the final evos. My memory is a bit hazy but they did it with Unova (I'm pretty sure) so why wouldn't they do it in Gen 6? Although we haven't had any news (except for the starter's base types, names of the two legendaries and their height/weight) since the trailer, which is really f*cking me off.

I think that they'll definitely reveal the final evos. My memory is a bit hazy but they did it with Unova (I'm pretty sure) so why wouldn't they do it in Gen 6? Although we haven't had any news (except for the starter's base types, names of the two legendaries and their height/weight) since the trailer, which is really f*cking me off.

They didn't do it with Unova. Some concept artwork was unofficially leaked a few weeks prior to the games' release, and then the starters were confirmed when someone in Japan got the game 2 days early. Nintendo didn't release anything.
So that's why they wouldn't do it with Gen 6.

LeoP2008

Trainer/Coordinator
Has it been mentioned previously that Chespin is the first non-reptilian Grass starter?

This is groundbreaking stuff.

That was the FIRST thing I noticed. Mostly because I'm a fan of mammalian Starters (except Bulbasaur). :p

EVERYONE notices we've had too many Fire/Fightings but no one notices we've only gotten reptilian Grass Starters. I am glad people noticed we've never had a Speedy Water Starter, yet....

Froakin' Koga

whoah. thatd be awesome if gamefreak didnt tell us the final evos for the starters and just let us find out on our own. ive always wanted to go into a generation blind without looking anything up. but i never had the balls to do it.

whoah. thatd be awesome if gamefreak didnt tell us the final evos for the starters and just let us find out on our own. ive always wanted to go into a generation blind without looking anything up. but i never had the balls to do it.

Right? I always cave and check Serebii EVERY DAY. haha

MonfernoFreak

~Monferno is boss~
They didn't do it with Unova. Some concept artwork was unofficially leaked a few weeks prior to the games' release, and then the starters were confirmed when someone in Japan got the game 2 days early. Nintendo didn't release anything.
So that's why they wouldn't do it with Gen 6.

But, that was Japan. So they only had like 3-6 months (I really can't remember this ****) to release all of it, where as this time they have 10 months to release it all. People will (and already have) get bored if they don't release new Pokemon, especially the final starter evos.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Imo, Froakie does sort of resemble him. I wonder if James Turner designed it. If so, it's his best creation to date, but that doesn't say much lol. *Looks at Golett and Golurk*
Imo, if anything, only Froakie's name is a reference to Franklin, like Empoleon refers to Napoleon.

Empoleon.jpg

But, that was Japan. So they only had like 3-6 months (I really can't remember this ****) to release all of it, where as this time they have 10 months to release it all. People will (and already have) get bored if they don't release new Pokemon, especially the final starter evos.

Oh, they'll release plenty of the new mons, don't worry. I think every month or so we'll get a bit more info, then in the final month we will get a lot of hyper-increased speculation/hoaxing as well as unsanctioned leakage. (haha)

MonfernoFreak

~Monferno is boss~
Oh, they'll release plenty of the new mons, don't worry. I think every month or so we'll get a bit more info, then in the final month we will get a lot of hyper-increased speculation/hoaxing as well as unsanctioned leakage. (haha)

Haha yeah.

blackarcanine123

I think this time round gamefreak are being tight with information so if they want us to see it we will if they don't we wont. I wouldn't expect information to be leaked.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Emboar was awesome, at least for in-game purposes (what matters to me). And it is design is better than Blaziken's at least.
Never said Emboar was bad, just the fact it was a fighting type but yet it could only learn one move and needed TM's, an Tutors to learn just a small hand full(An even that wasn't a whole lot). So I said it just would have been better to make it a pure fire type.
Emboar design being better then Blaziken is your opinion. While in my opinion Blaziken is the better design :)

I could see Froakie being a high speed water-type.
I noticed as well that Chespin will be the first grass type that's not reptilian, however the desgin an what their based off of doesn't matter to me. Nor does it effect how it is in-game which is why you see so many people saying they don't want another fire/fighting type.
Just like all the other grass starters I'm pretty sure Chespin is going to be a tank as well.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I really don't want Chespin to be the tank.....I never like any of the Tank's last stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.