• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like all those moves at lot, I just didn't like the fact that other Pokemon can learn them as well. But, it happens. :/

Well, in their respective gens, they WERE signature moves. In the third gen, NO other Pokemon could learn Leaf Blade, Blaze Kick, and Muddy Water. Here's a list to prove it.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Signature_move

And you're correct that Snivy and Oshawott's moves were not unique to them. I didn't know that's what you meant at first.

MonfernoFreak

~Monferno is boss~

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just love that Fennekin keeps getting votes and is slaying left and right. It's not often that a Starter Pokemon gains this type of popularity; people usually wait until the evolved forms of the Starter Pokemon are revealed before choosing a favorite. Perhaps this is a sign that base form Pokemon are finally getting the recognition that they so rightfully deserve.

I just love that Fennekin keeps getting votes and is slaying left and right. It's not often that a Starter Pokemon gains this type of popularity; people usually wait until the evolved forms of the Starter Pokemon are revealed before choosing a favorite. Perhaps this is a sign that base form Pokemon are finally getting the recognition that they so rightfully deserve.

Actually, certain starter Pokemon always get a lot of love. I think you could have put a similar poll up before any gen (and we probably had them) and Pokemon would still get votes.

Froakin' Koga

Actually, certain starter Pokemon always get a lot of love. I think you could have put a similar poll up before any gen (and we probably had them) and Pokemon would still get votes.

Yeah I remember the Smugleaf craze

john90

Really? I felt like piplup and treeco.were more popular.
Actually I think that charmender is the only favorite fire starter before fennekin..
1st gen Charmender
2nd gen Totodile
3rd gen Treecko
4th gen all 3 were equally beautiful/ugly (depends on points of view)
5th gen Snivy with Oshawott being the most funny.
6th gen Fennekin

Not my personal list.. (Charmender; Totodile; Mudkip; Turtwig; Oshawott; Froakie).

Last edited:

MonfernoFreak

~Monferno is boss~
Actually I think that charmender is the only favorite fire starter before fennekin..
1st gen Charmender
2nd gen Totodile
3rd gen Treecko
6th gen Fennekin

Not my personal list.. (Charmender; Totodile; Mudkip; Turtwig; Oshawott; Froakie).

Dude, just letting you know that if you trade Oshawott for Tepig, our lists are identical. :D

Charmander
Cyndaquil
Torchic (Treecko was a REALLY close second though)
Chimchar (Well daaa)
Tepig (Snivy was a REALLY close second too)
Fennekin - I mean Chespin. Unfortunately, I broke my Fire-Type reign :( Though, I probably need to wait until the evos to judge the Gen 6 starters.

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
Charmander
Cyndaquil
Chimchar (Well daaa)
Fennekin - I mean Chespin. Unfortunately, I broke my Fire-Type reign :( Though, I probably need to wait until the evos to judge the Gen 6 starters.

Squirte
Cyndaquil
Torchic
Turtwig
Snivy
Dunsparce.... Whoops, I mean Fennekin

Last edited:

493pkmns

secret suicune
1st gen Charmender
2nd gen Totodile
3rd gen Treecko
6th gen Fennekin

Dude, just letting you know that if you trade Oshawott for Tepig, our lists are identical. :D

Charmander
Cyndaquil
Chimchar (Well daaa)

Gen I Charmander
Gen II Cyndaquil
Gen III Treecko
Gen IV None of them really strongly, but if I had to pick then Chimchar
Gen V Unfortunately, Tepig, though Oshawatt is pretty good too.
Gen VI No opinion yet.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Gen I Charmander
Gen II Totodile
Gen III Torchic (Treecko a close second)
Gen IV Turtwig
Gen V Oshawott
Gen VI Froakie

Froakin' Koga

Charmander
Totodile
Torchic
Turtwig
Snivy
Froakie

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
My list,

Gen 1. Very very hard, as I love all of them, but Id pick Charmander, Squirtle, then bulbasaur,
Gen 2. Totodile and Cyndaquil. But overall, Totodile
Gen 3: I only liked Mudkip for some reason, but treecko did grow on me
Gen 4. Turtwig! I absolutely hated piplup. Not no more.
Gen 5. Snivy, Tepig was real hard choice though. Oshawot? Hell no.
Gen 6. Fennekin!

So without all the words.
Charmander
Totodile
Mudkip
Turtwig
Snivy
Fennekin

All the other starters did grow on me, and I do love then all now. :) Except oshawott. -_- I like bidoof better

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Guys, we don't want to turn this thread into a Starter Popularity thread.
Get back on main topic.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
so this is gonna sound a "little" nuts but how would you feel if the starters of this generation evolve into creatures that are completely unrelated to a frog, a fox, and a hedgehog?
for example picture froakie somehow evolving from a frog and into a creature that looks more like a marine mammal.
like i said it was gonna sound a "little" nuts.

john90

so this is gonna sound a "little" nuts but how would you feel if the starters of this generation evolve into creatures that are completely unrelated to a frog, a fox, and a hedgehog?
for example picture froakie somehow evolving from a frog and into a creature that looks more like a marine mammal.
like i said it was gonna sound a "little" nuts.
You mean the oshawott factor?

Status
Not open for further replies.