• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

D!3g0

Look at the Gen VI final evolutions made by a fan. They look pretty cool, huh!

mZOcU.jpg

No! I don't like Froakie's evolution, it looks like an old dude...just like Samurott. I want it to be slim and fast. Chespin's evolution is really cool, and Fennekin just got all its charm removed.

KnightofRawr

Don't underestimate
The pipe on Frokie's seems out of place, but besides that I like it.
Chespin's seems pretty perfect to me, dark and evil looking. I'd be happy with this.
I can't really see Fennekin being that bulky. I think it's going to keep it's sleek design. All final starter forms do have fire on them, but I feel like having that much is a little excessive. I'm thinking it might have flames coming out of it's tail or around it's paws, but not the entire tail.

I'm a huge supporter of the fighting/dark/psychic theory and none of those (bar the chespin evo) seem to fit it.

XxVascoxX

No! I don't like Froakie's evolution, it looks like an old dude...just like Samurott. I want it to be slim and fast. Chespin's evolution is really cool, and Fennekin just got all its charm removed.
The evolution process is meant to be this way friend, Cute and cuddly at first level,bigger and less cute at second stage and Big and intimidating at Last stage evolution .

Fanartm though Fennekin final evolution design look so smug, reminds me of Smugleaf!

Shraeder

It's Lit
I agree completely with you on this. We know Froakie is a pure water type. But he looks so intelligent that he shouldn't be fighting. The only way i can see him become fighting is if he becomes drastically muscular on evolution, which is unlikely.

Another theory that i would like to brand unlikely is the wizard evolution. This would be both extremely cool and very fitting. But as it would most definitely add the physic type, is unlikely.
It is unlikely as physic is the only fitting type for fennekin ( we could get trolled) and i don't think 2 part physic starters in the same region is likely.
What do you all think?

If it's Water/Fighting I'd like it to be like Infernape, a lean Fighting type with lots of Speed and mixed attacking stats.

I think they all look so... bulky. None of them look able to run fast. I need a damn fast starter damn it! But the Fennekin one... I believe that it's worse than a possible fire/fight...

On another note anyone think that Chespin will be fast or slow?

Slow. The shell makes me think it'll be kind of like Torterra, but with Emboar speed.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
I still feel like Froakie is supposed to be Ben Franklin and will pick up the electric type. I personally doubt the secondary triangle theory since the only part of it to make any sense is Fennekin gaining the psychic type.

D!3g0

The evolution process is meant to be this way friend, Cute and cuddly at first level,bigger and less cute at second stage and Big and intimidating at Last stage evolution .

Fanartm though Fennekin final evolution design look so smug, reminds me of Smugleaf!

Well, charm ≠ cute.

I still hope Froakie is slim and fast.
I would like for Chespin final evo to be close that fanart.

BV101

mZOcU.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Sorry for the exaggeration but I really would like to see a slim look for Froakie's final evolution. Kinda like Toxicroak and Infernape mixed together. I see Chespin ending up like Excadrill which would be great and I don't think Fennkin will end up that bulky. It should be slimmer too.

*Side Note*
I hope people post up slimmer fanart for Froakie. Why are the majority of them so bulky looking??

Luthor

looking the range of artwork for possible evolutions they all seem very interesting.When we actually find out what types there evolutions will have will be quite intresting.However my prediction for the moment is that all 3 will maintain there single types.Chespins evos all being pure grass, Fenneki evos all being pure fire Froakie's evos all being pure water.Just because of gen 6 being sort of similar to gen 2 sort of hope i'm wrong though.

Leocat

Hmm.... What if Fennekin evolved to have wings? Fennekin does have wing-like tufts of fur. Charmander was a starter and evolved into a winged dragon so what if Fennekin turned out to be a Flying Firefox. Would be pretty cool for your trainer to arrive in town riding Fennekin using Fly. I suspect the final form of Chespin will be somewhat porcupine or spike related. His name implies porcu(pin)e and the real life (ches)tnut comes in a spiky plant shell. Likely will end up a Grass Fighting pokemon although I prefer Grass Poison or even Grass Steel. A Grass Steel knight pokemon would be pretty cool. I have no idea on Froakie other than his further evolutions will likely end up with more facial hair and he will likely end up Water Ice pokemon.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I still feel like Froakie is supposed to be Ben Franklin and will pick up the electric type. I personally doubt the secondary triangle theory since the only part of it to make any sense is Fennekin gaining the psychic type.

Yes! I thought I was the only one who saw the spectacles and wig!

Shraeder

It's Lit

Finally someone that doesn't want Froakie to be a fat hobo.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Finally someone that doesn't want Froakie to be a fat hobo.

I think a lot of us want him to stay thin.
I'm with yours.

That froakie evolution looks awful
And fennekins lost all its charm
Chespin on the other hand is the way I image him to go

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ugh, I can't believe Chespin is ahead of Froakie now. Froakie was winning a few days ago, then he was tied with Chespin yesterday, and today he's fallen behind. I pray that the final forms of the Starter Pokemon are the next Pokemon to be revealed, mostly because I know that popularity among the Starters can and probably will shift when that happens.

Shraeder

It's Lit
I think a lot of us want him to stay thin.
I'm with yours.

That froakie evolution looks awful
And fennekins lost all its charm
Chespin on the other hand is the way I image him to go

I'd like the Chespin one if it was more armor like. But it's still cool.

vasu98

mZOcU.jpg

The Chespin's evo is so cool! Just as I thought it would be.
But the other evos look ridiculous. I have always chosen the grass type starter (expect gen 1, Bulbasaur is a bad pokemon), and Chespin seems to be the best to me. I think it would be normal fast, and will have a high attack grass/rock or grass/ground type. Fennekin looks really fast, would be pure fire type. And Froakie, looks like a slow tank, maybe water/rock or water/ice type.

Status
Not open for further replies.