• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I'm with you except I'd say chespin a red end will expand.

Yeah I see that becoming a kind of poisonous flower or else some kind of mace

adamfitz

poké-lover
I hope the red will not becoume a flower or smething like that...

Maybe something like serperior?

Could really become anything
Chespin could even just gain red stripes along his shell/body

Hikatoshi26

Could really become anything
Chespin could even just gain red stripes along his shell/body

How cool would it be if it became a Grass/Flying type lol. It looks like a rodent and who knows they have had weirder evos.

WNDR

I'd like to see chespin turning very similar to a ankylosaurus, but staying mammalian.
The red tail turning into some brute of a spikey ball hammer, give him solid attack!
Put him on all fours.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankylosaurus

What if chespin is based upon this Glyptodont
An extinct mammal, keeping with GF's previous tradition of ancient animals for inspiration of grass starters.
Covered its self in a shell, in this case could be the grass back. The big difference between it and other animals with shells is it didn't tuck its head in,
but instead had a cap on the top of their skull.
Think I might be stretching here a little

Last edited:

williamdrake

Well, my final opinion about the starters is:

froakie: water/electric
chespin: grass/rock
fennekin: fire/ground

froakie has something of benjamin franklin (like empoleon and napoleon), the kind of bifocals it has makes me believe even more. The main colors are blue and yellow (water/electric), not a coincidence, in my opinion. In this case a detail, like empoleon having weakness to ground and fighting (torterra and infernape), in this generation froakie last evo having weakness to grass and ground, the others starters too.

fennekin is definitely Ground, the pink move in the trailer is just Growl. Fennec fox is a nocturnal creature too. It lives in deserts, high-temperature, low-water places. In the world of pokemon it creates a huge weakness to water. (4x) with fire/ground combination. In this case, the orange (fire type) and beige (ground type) colors helps too, even If in real life they are beige or white.

chespin is the ''neutral'' starter, taking neutral damage from fire, ground and water, being different from the last dual type grass starter, not having a 4x weakness. I believe a hard rock nut in the tail. Green and brown colors represent grass and rock. Because of torterra and the 4x weakness to ice (fennekin having 4x weakness to water in this generation), not grass/ground happening again. In my opinion is impossible 2 starters have 4x weakness.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I'd actually like to see the Ankylosaurus idea, and Chespin's evolutions being Grass/Rock.
Since it's name hints at spikes/(some grass pins from a tree, forgotten the name; you know those pin-like things? Yeah...), I think the evolutions should be more 'edged', as in having spikier plates/scales.
Love the overall idea, though.

Regality

Digital King
For chespin ankylosaurus evolution...
Just turn it green and you're done :D [IMG200]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090205054743/digimon/images/6/6b/Ankylomon_b.jpg[/IMG200]

Elnava

The Successor!
Just turn it green and you're done :D [IMG200]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090205054743/digimon/images/6/6b/Ankylomon_b.jpg[/IMG200]

This is a win XD

Ankylomon!!!

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

I love Ankylomon's design! However, I wouldn't want Chespin with all of that armor. Maybe a Spiky helmet and an armored tail.
Also………
THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN STESSING THE WHOLE TIME WITH CHESPIN'S MACE TAIL !1!!!

Edit: and oh wait make him bi-pedal.

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
if chespin has a mace like tail i hope it learnd tail whip....anybody,alright bad joke.

if chespin looks like that picture idk what id do.it has to many spikes and armour

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
if chespin has a mace like tail i hope it learnd tail whip....anybody,alright bad joke.

if chespin looks like that picture idk what id do.it has to many spikes and armour

Yeah, remove most, not all, of the armour and we're set. Give it an exclusive move too, like a Rock move to go with the STAB i think it'll have. Mace Barrage, Mace Tail, Mace Crush, and BoulderBall sound like good names.

Also, I was walking in a museum today and noticed a porcupine model. I immediately thought that since the animal's quills are higher in number at the tailm then maybe Chespin hedgehog could evolve into a porcupine?
Just a thought.

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
im telling you know they are all evolving into fish

fennekin:fox/fish
froakie:frog/fish
chespin:hedgehog/fish

thats what the starters will be fish.

no in all honesty chespin mace like tail can have a move called crush tail or mace smash

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
I'd like to see chespin turning very similar to a ankylosaurus, but staying mammalian.
The red tail turning into some brute of a spikey ball hammer, give him solid attack!
Put him on all fours.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankylosaurus

What if chespin is based upon this Glyptodont
An extinct mammal, keeping with GF's previous tradition of ancient animals for inspiration of grass starters.
Covered its self in a shell, in this case could be the grass back. The big difference between it and other animals with shells is it didn't tuck its head in,
Think I might be stretching here a little

Well, Torterra is already an Ankylosaurid, so I doubt they'll do it for another Grass starter. Glyptodont is a possibility though.

WNDR

Well, Torterra is already an Ankylosaurid, so I doubt they'll do it for another Grass starter. Glyptodont is a possibility though.

Yeah I think they could easily make a Glyptodont look different in design to Torterra. And I see a lot of similarities between them and chespin. I'd like to see him look like the first one here, with the tail of the second.

I can see it being grass/rock which will help agaisnt and fire, and give him something to hit back agaisnt ice.
I can also see it being grass/poison and its tail being a poisonous flower, reminiscent on good ole gen1, but as i think froakie will be part poison I don't think so.
Make it happen GF and I will deffinatly get a chespin on my team!

Last edited:
Personally in my opinion Chespin could be: Grass/Ground, Grass/Dark, Grass/Rock or Grass/Steel..which one do you guys think will be the best...

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
i think everybody can see the pro/cons of all those types.

personally i like tje grass/rock one i feel like it will make chespin good in offense with decent defense.

enough about chespin lets talk about froakie man.

id like froakie to be a good sp defensive pokemon with average speed,and a little bit above average attack.

what about you guys

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Chespin-Grass/Rock-high attack,decent speed and defenses

Froakie-Water/Electric-very high speed,decent attacking stats,terrible defenses

Fennekin-Fire/Psychic-high sp attack,decent speed and sp defense,terrible attack,HP and defense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.