• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ver-mont

The fire type seems to fit the trend of Zodiac fire types. Its either meant to represent the Dog or Tiger.

I think people simply jumped into conclusions relating Fire and Chinese zodiac, and GF proved those people wrong by introducing a fennec fox Fire starter. Simple as that.

SmartD

I can't figure out what Chespin is supposed to be. Froakie is a frog (obviously), Fennekin is a fox of some sort, but Chespin, I have no idea.

Ver-mont

I can't figure out what Chespin is supposed to be. Froakie is a frog (obviously), Fennekin is a fox of some sort, but Chespin, I have no idea.

Considering its international names, it's a hedgehog.

Hedgehog, fennec fox, frog.

rocky505

The fire type seems to fit the trend of Zodiac fire types. Its either meant to represent the Dog or Tiger. Is it me or does the grass one look like a Deku Scrub :S it kind of does. and also the Water type looks like it will evolve into some epic thing! I love the fire type, the best nickname would be FireFox :D

I could see the possibility of it counting for a dog since Foxes are canine, but this actually cancels the Zodiac trend people mention.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
The fire type seems to fit the trend of Zodiac fire types. Its either meant to represent the Dog or Tiger. Is it me or does the grass one look like a Deku Scrub :S it kind of does. and also the Water type looks like it will evolve into some epic thing! I love the fire type, the best nickname would be FireFox :D
Yeah,it might represent the dog in the chinese zodiac^^

Nyter

Island Challenger
Well I like em all... Though I really wish they would use other types as starters!

Chespin seems like my favorite BUT I am one to collect em all SO I would actually have to trade for all 3 to be in one game therefore I am calling out to anyone who wants to be my trading host. I will trade u 2 other starters u don't choose as long as u trade me back 2 other starters I didn't choose :)

NeoDude-5000

Yeah,it might represent the dog in the chinese zodiac^^

Or its Fox appearance is simply its base form at first, then it evolves into a Tiger or something fox-like but different. Remember Oshawott started as a Sea Otter before evolving into a Sea Lion as Samurott. So Fennekin or maybe the other 2 might follow the same path.

Ditto B1tch

I liked all them. Here my notes about each one.

Chespin reminds me Dewott (a grass version of it). I didn't notice what animal were it based, its feet are like armadillo, but its face like rodent. And the fact it is bipedal suggests that it could be also fighting type in its final stage.

Froakie is a surprise for me. We have lot of frogs in Pokemon world, but none as starter yet. It seems thin and light, maybe it will not be slow and defensive like the previous water starters.

Fennekin is very cute, probably the best design of the three. For it I just hope it won't be fire/fighting in its final stage. Also, I would like if it was kept quadrupidal in all its stages.

ludiloco

Damn I guess I'll go for the Water starter again, but it'll all depend on the evolutions.

The foxx looks cool too.

I don't like the grass type that much.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Im want to see how the starters are given to you. I hope its just not some random proff just gifting it to you. maybe like rse or dppt.

Shraeder

It's Lit
In the trailer, it looks like Chespin uses a move with similar animation to Aerial Ace, while Fennekin uses a Fire type move, and Froakkie uses a Fighting type move. So I'm guessing Fennekin will be Fire/Psychic while Froakkie is Water/Fighting. Not sure about Chespin though.

I think I'll use Froakkie. I dislike Chespin, but Fennekin is pretty cool though.

Liefesa

Travelling collector
It will probably depend on the evolutions which one I end up choosing... As said above, I really hope Fennekin doesn't become Fire/Fighting!

I think that Chespin looks the most "pokemon-like" - the most similar to the existing style of creatures maybe?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
These starters are amazing, amazing I say! Loved them from the start, and I can't wait to use Chespin. Their evolutions will also be very interesting:
Chespin's likely to get spikier. Perhaps a warhammer like protusion on its tail for the final evolution? I'm thinking it could go for a Grass/Ground typing, and really give it some edge.
Fennekin is probably just gonna be a bigger Fennekin, but with Psychic. Seems like a perfect fit, and its probably time to put psychic on a starter.
Froakie with a french mustache and poofy hair thank you very much. Gonna go for pure water or water/fighting, just to screw with the fandom.

;D

D

Deleted member 298996

Froakie is my favourite. I always choose the water starter (well I didnt choose Oshawott). I really like water types. Chespin looks normal and Fennekin its just not my type... I dont know why so many people like it...

Froakie>Chispin>Fennekin for me

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Starter wise from the trailer, Fennekin and Froakkie look like the best to me. I love frogs so Froakkie will be the Pokemon I choose. The Water starters (Minus Mudkip and Oshawott) have always been super amazing for me. Not always my favorite as with Totodile (I like Cyndaquil a little more) but I always love their designs most of the time. Froakkie looks great. I can't wait to use one.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I think Im starting to like froakie. Maybe go with that, I bet it will give big returns as a i think it will become badass.
I think these are the best starters of any gen ( maybe even beats kanto ).

Firebrand

Indomitable
So, we can all say that if they make Fennekin a fire/fighting type, we take to the streets in an angry mob, right?

TommoChap

If you watch the trailer again you'll see that Fennekin is most likely a Fire/Psychic type. Froakie a Water/Dark type (look at the colour of their moves) and Chispin possibly Grass/Rock or Fighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.