1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 8, 2013.

?

Which starter would you use?

1. Chespin

845 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. Fennekin

1,329 vote(s)
    42.2%
  3. Froakie

849 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 vote(s)
    4.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Froakin' Koga

Froakin' Koga Well-Known Member

Im not picking fennekin unless froakie isnt infernape 2.0 AND chespin isnt Grass/Rock, but im really curious of where GF will go with fennekin. Victini is fire/psychic by the way but i dont count him regardless. offensively the coverage of fire and psychic isnt very good and the matchup is even worse defensively. But i would be happy with a fire/fighting who is special with a large movepool. Aura sphere early, shadow ball, psychic, and flamethrower could do well with some choice specs.

But i really want a special defensive fire/ghost who can burn, confuse, hypnotize, and hex everything.

2. firestarter2398

firestarter2398 Well-Known Member

kitsune spirit
    only in zen mode for darmanitan

Wanna know why? Cuz it's based on the kitsune. Silly silly person bulbapedia says so

3. Spirit Kitsune

Spirit Kitsune Well-Known Member

Yeah I know but I still count it. So anyone think we'll get the middle stages of the starters soon?

4. firestarter2398

God I hope so E3 is a big thing, I think and gen 5 wasn't at E3 when being announced so I really hope so

5. ZaTTo

ZaTTo New Member

I don't know but I imagine Fennekin's evolution as an Amaterasu / Kyubi / Ninetales. I believe this time they will change startes habilities to break the "status quo" of pokémon starters.

6. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

Nope. At least not for another 4 months when the October corocoro comes out(That is if it comes out before XY). Or we can get lucky and have them leaked with anime concept art like Dewott and Servine were.

7. firestarter2398

yay people remeber it too
    the leak that shook the world starter evolutions (of gen 5)

8. CrusherTheFeraligatr

CrusherTheFeraligatr Strider: Spider King

I wish they would, but I don't think they'll change the abilities. Sadly, they're a staple.

9. Bariokie

Bariokie rock dog

Not that big shock but pignite is and stays a fat pig that is really ugly for me.
    If I want to like a pokemon that is ugly I have to use it in battle.
    I used it for 2 months but Seriously the tepig line is too ugly for me -___________-

10. firestarter2398

So who's more ugly emboar or garbodor?

I think froakie could end up water/fighting cuz if they aren't gonna have fire/fighting why not change it to water/fighting (ha sarcasm)

11. DinoKing

DinoKing Burn...

I think they're both awesome looking.

12. Blackjack the Titan

Blackjack the Titan It’s been a while

No idea how this contributes to the discussion whatsoever.

So are you being serious or are you being sarcastic?

In all seriousness, Froakie would look awesome as Water/Fighting, but I would think that Froakie would be even more awesome looking with a dark cloud on his back and the blue line on his head becomes a dark blue lightning bolt design, so it would be Water/Electric.

13. IrieFuse

IrieFuse Unify To Thrive

water electric with volt absorb hidden ability is more than welcome in my book but I've been waiting for water/fighting since oshawott so I hope they give it to us this time :)

14. Blackjack the Titan

True. I also suggested Water/Electric for Oshawott's evo because I thought it would become some dark sea lion that resembled a storm cloud.

GameFreak, I need my Storm-Cloud Water/Electric starter next gen or in a future gen!

15. DCFan

DCFan The Flame Jacobite

I really like the Typing Water/Electric so i hope we see a Water/Electric Pokemon in 6th Gen..

16. IrieFuse

IrieFuse Unify To Thrive

relax. everyone has their opinions and facts to back them up so no need to get mad. like I said, it's most likely a hybrid of both but it's clearly more based on the Kitsune spirit than fennec foxes regardless if it has traits of both.

17. Blackjack the Titan

Getting out of hand! Not kind of out of hand, but you need to calm the fU(|< down!

It's not an opinion. The preschooler is not making any controbution to the discussion(s) whatsoever. Worse than that guy who kept posting about info from Smash! on every spec thread.

Let's stop discussing Fennekin since this is getting verbally violent now.

CHESPIN!
    Chespin should be Grass/Fighting, but still have good armor. I stress Grass/Rock alot just because I think Chespin will develop a better aesthetic as it evolves!

18. IrieFuse

IrieFuse Unify To Thrive

lol well for one you're making it a big deal. I was simply stating my opinion but you're right. lets just drop it and stay on-topic with the starters.

I hope the starter trio is indeed fire/psychic, grass/dark, and water/fighting.

19. CrusherTheFeraligatr

CrusherTheFeraligatr Strider: Spider King

I think he'd look better as rock. The fighting I see in my head would probably be some sort of sceptile/gallade thing with more spikes, or an armadillo like shell..

20. Karlos Region

Karlos Region Kiss me Stunfisk!

Uhm... Looking at the starters moveset, Its quite wow the fact that in level 5 the 3 of em' know elemental attacks... maybe we'll be getting Lv.1 starters this time? with the first fight against your rival, it may level up to 2 or 3, matching with the routes leveling.. wich isnt THAT bad... "You defeated Lillipup... +15 exp.p... (lv.5 Snivy does an eye roll)"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.