• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Uhm... Looking at the starters moveset, Its quite wow the fact that in level 5 the 3 of em' know elemental attacks... maybe we'll be getting Lv.1 starters this time? with the first fight against your rival, it may level up to 2 or 3, matching with the routes leveling.. wich isnt THAT bad... "You defeated Lillipup... +15 exp.p... (lv.5 Snivy does an eye roll)"

I don't think they'd change a staple like that.

Karlos Region

Kiss me Stunfisk!
I don't think they'd change a staple like that.

So, are you saying that it will be "harder" from the very beggining? you know... "Chespin use Vine Whip... Its Super Effective!... Froakie Fainted!" me- "What?... what about my first exp boost? agh -_-"

CrusherTheFeraligatr

So, are you saying that it will be "harder" from the very beggining? you know... "Chespin use Vine Whip... Its Super Effective!... Froakie Fainted!" me- "What?... what about my first exp boost? agh -_-"

Its possible you fight the rival not right away. In hoenn you didn't.

Karlos Region

Kiss me Stunfisk!
Its possible you fight the rival not right away. In hoenn you didn't.

But in BW and BW2 you did... I know its fool to think about it.. but you know... GF... They are kinda forgetful I think... like.. "Yo didnt we do this before?... -Ehmmm... Not sure... but it sounds fun, so who cares? -RAINBOW! SUSHI AND SAKE FOR EVERYONE! WE MADE A *NEW* GAME!"

CrusherTheFeraligatr

But in BW and BW2 you did... I know its fool to think about it.. but you know... GF... They are kinda forgetful I think... like.. "Yo didnt we do this before?... -Ehmmm... Not sure... but it sounds fun, so who cares? -RAINBOW! SUSHI AND SAKE FOR EVERYONE! WE MADE A *NEW* GAME!"

True. But if we learn moves that early, it'd make sense to do it the hoenn way.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Can't believe people are only mentioning the Hoenn way when you didn't have to battle Silver right away in GSC either.

Because gsc is a myth, you silly person.

Also, I'd love to forget silver. He was almost worse than gary.

Yveltal96

A little more human

We all know the opponent is just going to spam tail whip leer or growl so why are you complaining?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

i prefer both more than any rival we got after them.... i want to have "a hate" relationship with my rival :)

I find it annoying. I'm supposed to want to fight and win, not feed you to a ursaring.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

What Silver was one of my favorite rivals! So much better then Bianca that's for sure.

Ugh. He was so annoying. He's like that guy who gets his butt whooped in everything, but still acts like he's a top player. I wanted to brain him.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
if there's multiple rivals, I hope they each have a different variation of the rival theme that reflects upon their personality. sort of how the johto "dog" trio had the same theme but used different tempos and instruments suited more for their respective type.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

if there's multiple rivals, I hope they each have a different variation of the rival theme that reflects upon their personality. sort of how the johto "dog" trio had the same theme but used different tempos and instruments suited more for their respective type.

I like it, but we probably should stop talking about the rival.

Whose hoping which starters will be bipedal/quadruped?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Fennekin - Quadruped
Chespin - Bipedal
Froakie - Whatever the hell swampert has got going on.

Whatever swampert wants to be, it is.

Same for me.

baconrules

Ostrich master
I hope bipedal
And for typing I would prefer part psychic or electric and I do realize that theu are unlikely.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

BlackBalstia

Black Kyurem lives
Is it me or does typing of Grass/Dark sound like a really bad idea for Chespin. I really don't think I like the idea of Chespin having a four times weakness to bug type. Other than that I do hope that we get dual typing for all three starters will be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.