• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

absolfusion

Soon.......
Is it me or does typing of Grass/Dark sound like a really bad idea for Chespin. I really don't think I like the idea of Chespin having a four times weakness to bug type. Other than that I do hope that we get dual typing for all three starters will be great.

A pokemon can overcome its weakness if it is strong enough. look at volcarona, One good rock move (heh) and BAM! it's down for the count. Or scizor, or ferrothorn (which is the bane of my existance.) Bad typing does not a pokemon make. It also depends on moves, abilities, and stats. (although chespin will likely get saddled with what all grass starters get, Overgrow)

Last edited:

BayBird

Hummingbird Advocate
Is it me or does typing of Grass/Dark sound like a really bad idea for Chespin. I really don't think I like the idea of Chespin having a four times weakness to bug type. Other than that I do hope that we get dual typing for all three starters will be great.

I think it's just you. Wanting a specific type based on how many weaknesses it has is absolutely pathetic. Be happy with a unique design. Makes me sick that people write off a type because "Oh god, Bug type (Which is SO commonly overused, everywhere, around the corner, hello good morning, Bug type move every minute, right?) is gonna be x4 against my poor starter!"

Yeah I'm done ranting. Whatever. Can't be happy with a unique typing to starters.

Last edited:

Karlos Region

Kiss me Stunfisk!
I think it's just you. Wanting a specific type based on how many weaknesses it has is absolutely pathetic. Be happy with a unique design. Makes me sick that people write off a type because "Oh god, Bug type (Which is SO commonly overused, everywhere, around the corner, hello good morning, Bug type move every minute) is gonna be x4 against my poor starter!"

Yeah I'm done ranting. Whatever. Can't be happy with a unique typing to starters.

Im agree with that, I love Grass Type, even when they're weak against almost any gym on the main game (Grass Type nightmare, a region with Fire, Bug, Flying, Ice and Poison-type gyms....ehm.. a.k.a Unova...) anyway, Im ON with Grass-Type and its variants, like Leavanny line, Sawsbuck line, Ferrothorn line... I give a s*** about weakneses, I can, and Will defeat a Charizard with my Leavanny! period! lol

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Im agree with that, I love Grass Type, even when they're weak against almost any gym on the main game (Grass Type nightmare, a region with Fire, Bug, Flying, Ice and Poison-type gyms....ehm.. a.k.a Unova...) anyway, Im ON with Grass-Type and its variants, like Leavanny line, Sawsbuck line, Ferrothorn line... I give a s*** about weakneses, I can, and Will defeat a Charizard with my Leavanny! period! lol

Isn't that pretty much impossible unless you have Stealth Rock to defeat a Charizard using a Leavanny..

Regality

Digital King
I think it's just you. Wanting a specific type based on how many weaknesses it has is absolutely pathetic. Be happy with a unique design. Makes me sick that people write off a type because "Oh god, Bug type (Which is SO commonly overused, everywhere, around the corner, hello good morning, Bug type move every minute, right?) is gonna be x4 against my poor starter!"

Dude, chill, people want different things in their pokemon. I like mine to be badass looking and have good, widespead movesets, other people want their pokemon to be cute and this guy likes his to have a good typing. It is just his preference, no need to stress.

And I usually only use things with 100 and over attack or special attack.

Last edited:

Avi604

Reef Trainer

I agree with your general statement it's dumb to only want pokemon with no weaknesses, All Pokemon Will Now Be Ghost/Dark Types LOL.
Now it does suck when GF gives us a great new type like Fire/Ice and then gives it the stats to be a deffensive pokemon Oo

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I agree with your general statement it's dumb to only want pokemon with no weaknesses, All Pokemon Will Now Be Ghost/Dark Types LOL.
Now it does suck when GF gives us a great new type like Fire/Ice and then gives it the stats to be a deffensive pokemon Oo

I don't want a pokemon with no weaknesses, just not like half them.

Exploud090

I want to pick Chespin but what if Gogoat i grass too?

maybe i should go to Froakie

I hate Fennekin :)

firestarter2398

lol well for one you're making it a big deal. I was simply stating my opinion but you're right. lets just drop it and stay on-topic with the starters.

I hope the starter trio is indeed fire/psychic, grass/dark, and water/fighting.

Hey where is that quote I was looking through what I missed and he made 2 posts and I can't find them, they were probably deleted. Just like to say I didn't snap yveltal I was just simply correcting you
but anyway
what was the weakness and strengths of fairy does it make ghost/dark beatable in type matchup? And how exactly do we start with fire, grass types and then progress in the game and find they're beaten by nearly evrything I know exaggerating a bit but still feels like it 5 weaknesses for grass and 3 weaknesses for fire and they barely have any strengths grass beats 3 things and fire beats 2 and then water just stands there watching grass get his *** kicked against ice then it uses a simple water gun and kills ice
gogoat is grass or did I make sense of it differently

Last edited:

dayvee

Upon giving this thought, I agree to a point. As much as I like grass types, I would personally have little use for two of them in my pre-endgame line up.

However, I much prefer Fennekin (and how it looks)/fire types over Froakie/water types!

Yveltal96

A little more human

Gogoat is grass

@firestarter
Just don't treat bulbapedia like god and well be just fine.
I deleted those posts because I was enraged by your comments and I realized they were unnecessarily excessive with swearing in hate.

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
We are mostly always wrong on how the final evolutions will turn out...so we must think outside the box!

Chespin will evolve from prehistoric mammal into a giant husk armadillo...
Fennekin into a pure purple fox with pink shades with blue fire coming out of her ears...
Froakie will evolve into a dark blue/ light blue / white skinny frog with bulky boxing arms with giant brown leather boxing gloves...

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
We are mostly always wrong on how the final evolutions will turn out...so we must think outside the box!

Chespin will evolve from prehistoric mammal into a giant husk armadillo...
Fennekin into a pure purple fox with pink shades with blue fire coming out of her ears...
Froakie will evolve into a dark blue/ light blue / white skinny frog with bulky boxing arms with giant brown leather boxing gloves...

I love the armadillo.

firestarter2398

Gogoat is grass

@firestarter
Just don't treat bulbapedia like god and well be just fine.
I deleted those posts because I was enraged by your comments and I realized they were unnecessarily excessive with swearing in hate.

Right then, we ight now, theoretical fist bump?

But on subject, thinking outside the box ay? Hmm, I DON'T KNOW IT'S TOO HARD FOR MY WITTLE BWAIN

BayBird

Hummingbird Advocate
Dude, chill, people want different things in their pokemon. I like mine to be badass looking and have good, widespead movesets, other people want their pokemon to be cute and this guy likes his to have a good typing. It is just his preference, no need to stress.

And I usually only use things with 100 and over attack or special attack.

There is need to stress. When it comes to the point that people are begging for the best type combinations and not fun and unique typings that would match the Pokemon's concept best, there is need to stress.

And to your comment about 100 and over, I hope to God Game Freak comes out with the COOLEST and most unique looking Pokemon ever that will appeal to your wants hardcore and give them an Attack and Sp. Attack of 65. Because people cannot be open minded and like Pokemon for the POKEMON. Stats haha.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
There is need to stress. When it comes to the point that people are begging for the best type combinations and not fun and unique typings that would match the Pokemon's concept best, there is need to stress.

And to your comment about 100 and over, I hope to God Game Freak comes out with the COOLEST and most unique looking Pokemon ever that will appeal to your wants hardcore and give them an Attack and Sp. Attack of 65. Because people cannot be open minded and like Pokemon for the POKEMON. Stats haha.

What's wrong with people wanting the best for their favorite Pokemon?

Kall El

..Silence..
Ugh. He was so annoying. He's like that guy who gets his butt whooped in everything, but still acts like he's a top player. I wanted to brain him.

I don't know what's your problem with Silver but FYI, he's one of the most liked rivals in the fan base.
Now I personally think he's an amazing rival with a well thought out character.
Many people including myself prefer that tense, annoying type of rival who's got an attitude.
This does not mean that I dislike the polar opposite in Hugh or Barry for example, they're great too.

firestarter2398

I don't know I found kinda weird he was perving on the professor at the start of the game
But like whoever else said it instead of having these rivals we grew up with and know and like (though a few had attitude) we need a rivalry based upon hatrid
you know it could be a year ago this guy (let's call him Dick) came to our little town broke into our home and stole something, not only that but the guy sleeps with our mum (like in american pie) and for the sake of it he bullies us at school
then when ever he faces us, we win, and we spit on him.
You won against Dick and used revenge spit attack and you decide to screw the rules as you have money and take all of Dicks money. Simply because you can and officer Jenny doesn't arrest the hero
Morale of the story don't f*** with the hero

Status
Not open for further replies.