• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Not a chance will any of the other starters be in the Kalos dex, same with them being found in the wild.

Why? wer get given a Kanto and an Hoenn started in HG/SS aren't we? and Pokebeach rumour says the Kanto ones are given by a professor and there isa promotion of Kalos and Kanto starters for October.

Ditto24

Why? wer get given a Kanto and an Hoenn started in HG/SS aren't we? and Pokebeach rumour says the Kanto ones are given by a professor and there isa promotion of Kalos and Kanto starters for October.

I know, thats why I said Kalos dex, not National dex. I never said we won't get given them. But don't expect to run into a wild Bulbasaur on Route 4.

Ditto24

No one is expecting that.

Then why quote my comment from before? it meant that it would be odd for people to expect to get given a Kanto Starter when we first arrive in Lumiose. That's all I meant by it....

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
We're brothers!!! :D

Fun thing is, I'm expecting all of them except the Fire Starter, Fennekin to get it. If the Fire/Psychic rumor is true, it's probably gonna be thin, and I don't know how it'd do it.

He's onto me *uses smoke ball*

I hope Fennekin Evos doesn't get it, only the Fire starter got it last time so this generation the other two are in favor of Earthquake instead.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank

I hope Fennekin Evos doesn't get it, only the Fire starter got it last time so this generation the other two are in favor of Earthquake instead.

Used Topsy-Turvy to make the smoke make you more visible. You're not getting away from me that easily! MWAHAHA!

Me too. Plus, unless it's Fire/Ground, it probably won't fit it.

Shraeder

It's Lit

I agree with you, Fennekin doesn't seem likely to be able to learn Earthquake.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I agree with you, Fennekin doesn't seem likely to be able to learn Earthquake.

Yeah, unless it ends ground. I'm betting it'll be too small.

Still sad samurott couldn't learn it.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
The Kanto starter rumour is the only one I hope is untrue. I'd hate for them to steal the thunder of the new guys.

Ditto24

The Kanto starter rumour is the only one I hope is untrue. I'd hate for them to steal the thunder of the new guys.

Amen to this. I don't mind if we get them post-game, but it's Kalos, let the Kalos starters have their time to shine :)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Then why quote my comment from before? it meant that it would be odd for people to expect to get given a Kanto Starter when we first arrive in Lumiose. That's all I meant by it....

Because of they wont be in the Kalos dex thing, if they aren't given post league, they will be in the dex, just like the Kanto starters were in the Johto dex.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

True, but that isn't seeming likely at the moment.

They could've at least given it Rock Slide!

I know!

^Yeah, don't know why they'd do that. When I heard this rumor when it started, it just sounded like some genwunner dream.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I won't be using Kanto starters anyway, I had enough of Kanto for once.

That's what I'm talking about!
We got them in almost every game, I'm kinda annoyed. It's time for new stuff!

CrusherTheFeraligatr

That's what I'm talking about!
We got them in almost every game, I'm kinda annoyed. It's time for new stuff!

I'm with you. I mean, why kanto in the first place?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Tell me about it. We didn't come to Kalos for Fennekin to get it's Flair/Flare stolen by freaking overrated Charizard :/

I hope a trainer in Kalos has a Charizard so I can save in front of it and kill it with Rock Slide everytime I turn on Y again. I then use Fennekin to burn all Bulbasaur while my Skrelp will Sludge Bomb Squirtle.

Ditto24

Because of they wont be in the Kalos dex thing, if they aren't given post league, they will be in the dex, just like the Kanto starters were in the Johto dex.

They were in the Johto dex coz it's a mix of the two. Johto was also meant to be the last game they made. Johto dex basically equals the National dex. But that doens't matter know coz obvs theres way more pokemon, plus we never got the Kanto starters until we had 16 badges and already got the National Dex by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.