• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snubbull Lover 777

I wanted both Charizard and Serperior to be part Dragon. Charizard LOOKS like a Dragon so why they didn't give it Dragon Type is beyond me. Serperior could've been a snake Dragon. I really don't get GF sometimes.....

As weird as this may sound I just tend to look at Charizard in the way of just a giant lizard with wings. Serperior on the other hand I think is just fine as a pure Grass Type.

As weird as this may sound I just tend to look at Charizard in the way of just a giant lizard with wings. Serperior on the other hand I think is just fine as a pure Grass Type.
It's not weird at all :) Serperior is a wonderful grass starter. I picked it for most of the Black/White series and sequels.

Spyfox4989

Water Pokemon Master
Last edited:

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
I really think we can stop guessing the starter evolutions secondary typing. Everything this leak had said before came out to be true last week, so I'm 99% sure...

http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications

...we can say that this persons "leak" of the starters being Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting is also correct.
All except for the English professor's name. His name is Sycamore, not Patrice. Unless Patrice is another professor.

Those typings are looking pretty good at this point. I've always supported a Fire/Psychic Fennekin, and I like Grass/Dark for Chespin. I'm having a little trouble picturing Froakie as the next Poliwrath, but I'm sure if those typings are true GF will do fine.

Ditto24

I wanted both Charizard and Serperior to be part Dragon. Charizard LOOKS like a Dragon so why they didn't give it Dragon Type is beyond me. Serperior could've been a snake Dragon. I really don't get GF sometimes.....

Just coz a pokemon looks like something doesn't mean it has to be something just coz you say so. GF think whatever they want. Plus Charizard being Fire/Dragon in Gen 1 would have been fairly ridiculous. Its a Lizard that evolves so it can fly...it gains Flying, it makes perfect sense.

All except for the English professor's name. His name is Sycamore, not Patrice. Unless Patrice is another professor.

tbf all he got wrong was a name. The dude played a demo nearly 6 months ago, things are bound to have changed a bit. He even mixed up the starters types at first, so it plausible that he could have switched the professors names as well. The fact that the 'leaks' mention Sycamore is good enough for me.

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
Just coz a pokemon looks like something doesn't mean it has to be something just coz you say so. GF think whatever they want. Plus Charizard being Fire/Dragon in Gen 1 would have been fairly ridiculous. Its a Lizard that evolves so it can fly...it gains Flying, it makes perfect sense.

tbf all he got wrong was a name. The dude played a demo nearly 6 months ago, things are bound to have changed a bit. He even mixed up the starters types at first, so it plausible that he could have switched the professors names as well. The fact that the 'leaks' mention Sycamore is good enough for me.
He played a demo? Whhhaaatttt? Lucky person.
That would kinda explain stuff.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I really think we can stop guessing the starter evolutions secondary typing. Everything this leak had said before came out to be true last week, so I'm 99% sure...

http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications

...we can say that this persons "leak" of the starters being Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting is also correct.

Egh. As long as we get a good design for chespin.

He played a demo, did he ever reveal what the early routers were?

Ditto24

He played a demo? Whhhaaatttt? Lucky person.
That would kinda explain stuff.

I think it was a mix of things, like a small demo, saw a video and was kind of told some other stuff too coz he kinda covers alot of different things. But it wouldn't surprise me if one day GF said that they think Sycamore is a better name than Patrice, so they just swap 'em round.

Teraflare

Hey guys this is my first post on the Serebii Forums.

If the Starter types leaked in Pokebeach are true, what do you think their movesets will include? I want to believe that Chespin will grow claws later on, so that it can utilise slashing attacks, although, from the latest screen in which it was included, I am pretty sure it will have "seed" based attacks. Fennekin is most probably going to be a specially based attacker, so the standard fire type moves will be in its moveset. As far as Froakie's moveset goes, I am expecting a lot of Fighting type attacks, and most probably Close Combat.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Hey guys this is my first post on the Serebii Forums.

If the Starter types leaked in Pokebeach are true, what do you think their movesets will include? I want to believe that Chespin will grow claws later on, so that it can utilise slashing attacks, although, from the latest screen in which it was included, I am pretty sure it will have "seed" based attacks. Fennekin is most probably going to be a specially based attacker, so the standard fire type moves will be in its moveset. As far as Froakie's moveset goes, I am expecting a lot of Fighting type attacks, and most probably Close Combat.

Sounds likely. I see both slashing/seed moves for chespin. And he does learn wood hammer.

And welcome to the forum.

I didn't ''Just say so''! I find it quite annoying that you would infer such a thing. And I NEVER would bash Charizard. it is my fave Fire starter ever.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I didn't ''Just say so''! I find it quite annoying that you would infer such a thing. And I NEVER would bash Charizard. it is my fave Fire starter ever.

I suppose any starter being dragon would be ridiculous.

Sorry, I misquoted the other person's statement. What I meant was that I never thought that Charizard should be Dragon just because I said so. I love Charizard.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Sorry, I misquoted the other person's statement. What I meant was that I never thought that Charizard should be Dragon just because I said so. I love Charizard.

Yeah, and its kinda late now.

Eh, in my opinion, blastoise is better.

Yeah, and its kinda late now.

Eh, in my opinion, blastoise is better.
That's fine. I never bash people for the opinions. Blastoise is indeed a great Pokémon and I certainly would raise one.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Hmm is anyone else here going to aim for a female starter, or are you planning to just play the game and wait until you get a ditto? I was thinking of getting a female starter, because I think it'd be pretty awesome to trade out some little Fennekins for other Pokemon right when we hit the daycare.

Well, I always pick female starters, specially when they don't look feminine at all. I am not choosing Fennekin (unless GF screw up badly the other's evos), but my Chespin and Froakie will certainly be gurls.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

That's fine. I never bash people for the opinions. Blastoise is indeed a great Pokémon and I certainly would raise one.

Ooh, you should. Strangely, I've rose more charizards.

NightFire7

I am just glad chespin learns Woodhammer. Even though I think Serperior is cool, its movepool was really not that great. Chespin seems to comes across as a physical attacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.