• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Another thought (because I seriously don't like the idea of Fire/Psychic, it would just make her too much like Ninetales for me), Fennec foxes are desert dwellers, right?

Fire/Ground maybe?

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
I can't believe it! Gen 6 already?! WOW! Anyway on topic my opinion on the starters:

Chespin: OMG SO CUTE!!!! I think I found my starter choice already!

Fennekin: A fox like starter?...Yeah I'm good with that, just please don't make it ANOTHER Fire/fighting evo GameFreak, I beg you!

Froakie: It's.....interesting, but still pretty cute.

So overall a nice set of starters. Let's hope their evos are even more/just as epic!

Battra

I'll be starting with Fennekin, but Chespin looks interesting to. Froakie & Fennekin both have a minimalistic design to them that's always nice for enticing new people into the franchise. Looking forward to trying the Chipmunk, Fox, & Frog.

Ver-mont

That's what we said when Gen 4 came around. And then Gen V arrived, and we thought "no way will we have another fire/fighting!" And then... we... DID!

Well, let's all hope ourselves better luck this time. I hope it's part Psychic or Dark or Ghost.

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
I'm blown away! These games looks awesome.

My guesses for the Starters final typing are:
Chespin - Grass and Dark
Fennekin - Fire and Psychic
Froakie - Water and Fighting

These games look to be amazing and I'm really happy about the Worldwide release date for October 2013!

Jigglypuff5000

Well, let's all hope ourselves better luck this time. I hope it's part Psychic or Dark or Ghost.

Yeah, I hope all the starters have one of the 'exotic' typings in their final form.

I'm going Team Firefox myself [which definitely cannot be Fire/Fighting - please].

aa_623

Looks like I'm going to have to revise my sig pic soon lol I'm definitely leaning more towards Fennekin despite it basically being the love child of Vulpix and Zorua, but I swear if by some reason it becomes Fire/Fighting I will lose it. Definitely think it has a high chance of being Fire/Psychic, but I'll settle for anything else except it being just a Fire type, then it would be Ninetails unless it loses its vulpine characteristics.

Also, here's to our first mammalian Grass starter!

Not sure about the frog yet lol

I'm definitely all for this:
Chespin - Grass and Dark
Fennekin - Fire and Psychic
Froakie - Water and Fighting

Last edited:

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
I feel sorry for Froakie, I think I'll choose it I like it's design and I bet it's final evolution will look extremely cool. Plus it doesn't hurt to get the upper hand on all those choosing Fennekin. ;)

Skycross

I am hoping Fennekin is NOT for the love of everything sacred, a Fire and Fighting type. I just... can't anymore. However, the other two look mighty interesting as well. More so Chespin.

Liefesa

Travelling collector
Froakie looks like a pre-volution of Seismitoad...

I've always taken the fire starter since Charmander. A new secondary type would be nice!

OrcaCity

Expert Killer Whale
I'm personally hoping for Fennekin to be a Fire/Ghost type though it will probably be Fire/Psychic. Either way is fine with me, but I prefer Fire/Ghost

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
This might be the first time since Gen 2 that a fire starter has caught my eyes. Fennec foxes are awesome creatures, just dying to see Fennekin evolutions!
Froakie looks cool, even though I have an idea on how his evolutions will turn out... (really want him to not go bipedal...)
Chespin... an interesting one indeed. I have no idea on how his evolutions will turn out, but I gotta say, if he really does turn into a grass/steel, it would make him a viable choice for me, also!

trident20

ground types
i like them all, and i wish i could see the final stages

i think the battle scenes look awesome and i wonder how this will effect wifi battling, and if there will be a pokemon transfer system

smartie

I don't get why everyone hates Froakie, he's supercute. I personally think the grass one looks like it's in the wrong Nintendo game, doesn't feel pokemon at all :x .

Firebrand

Indomitable
Another thought (because I seriously don't like the idea of Fire/Psychic, it would just make her too much like Ninetales for me), Fennec foxes are desert dwellers, right?

Fire/Ground maybe?

Ninetales isn't fire/psychic. It can learn psychic and extrasensory, but it isn't a psychic type. The only fire/psychic we've had was Victini.

GalladeofSpades

Imaginative 24/7
I am, most definetley, choosing Chespin. It is goddamn adorable. Besides, I don't really like Fennekin or Froakie. If I actuall HAD to choose between those latter two, Fennekin. I just don't like Froakie. It reminds me of the Seismitoad line, and I HATED that evolution line SO MUCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.