• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
[ACE] Zero;15568122 said:
True, good point, New Moves should be expected....on that topic wonder what kind of move tutor's we will have and how they will impact previous Gen Pokemon..

I bet that the starters and Pokémon of this gen in general will have some interesting movepools, mainly because of new attacks, TMs, Move Tutors and stuff. I also expect many older Pokémon to get wider and better movepools thanks to that.

Except for Flareon, Gamefreak hates it. But I love it along with the rest of the eeveelutions.

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
I bet that the starters and Pokémon of this gen in general will have some interesting movepools, mainly because of new attacks, TMs, Move Tutors and stuff. I also expect many older Pokémon to get wider and better movepools thanks to that.

Exactly my thoughts

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I agree, I thought it was night slash. However, I think Tavo is right with Froakie's thing being a new move. Ice beam is generally thinner in all Pokemon games thus far. Even Battle Revolution has it displayed as a thin beam. I don't see why they'd make it suddenly much thicker and chunkier.

Honestly, I think the move's just Water Gun

Ironfish

pokemon scientist

Except for Flareon, Gamefreak hates it. But I love it along with the rest of the eeveelutions.
Poor flareon maybe someday it will get flare blitz someday

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I thought it was water gun too until the snowflake was pointed out to be in there. I feel as if it weren't for that snowflake it would just be water gun.

EnragedSwalot

Hmmm... So far I don't know what to think. I like Fennekin the best. The fur on its ears gives off this Japanese vibe, which I like. Also, unless the final form looks really different, I may be resetting for a female.

Chespin looks fine, but I am confused about where the inspiration comes from. Chipmunk I guess? Well, whatever. I kind of like it, its not great but it's not bad. I think his final form will look a lot cooler, so I may go with it on the other version.

Froakie also looks pretty cool. Not as good as Fennekin, though. I think it'll have a cool final evolution. Oh, and I've wanted a frog starter for years. So happy we finally got one, but not happy it's ugly.

I think that the thing about the starters I'm most anticipating is their type combos. I just hope they are new and different. Also, I really really REALLY hope that Fennekin's final form doesnt star standing on 2 legs and gain the fighting type. If that happens, you can disregard everything I said about it, because I wont be using it.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
Honestly, I think the move's just Water Gun

I thought so too....dunno how ppl made it out to be an ice type attack.

The animation has snowflakes on it. Many people tought it was an Ice type attack, then others (myself included) started pointing out how it was obvious it wasn't an Ice type attack, due to it splashing when it hits Pansear. I then suggested that it might as well be an all new attack, the opposite of Scald. Instead of having a chance to burn, it would ahve a chance to freeze.

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
I thought so too....dunno how ppl made it out to be an ice type attack.

I though it was Water Gun too when I first saw it, but if you pause the video you can clearly see there are snow flakes all over the screen

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
Chespin didn't use a dark type attack. It was almost surely AA if you were to take a closer look.

And Froakie didn't use an ice move - that was CLEARLY water type, and was discussed last page.

What I did notice, though is what looked like sparks coming from the second move Froakie used.

Zigh

I liek Treecko c:
I'm definitely choosing Chespin. I've always picked the grass starters, plus, he's adorable and I have a good feeling that his evo's are gonna be so awesome!

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
[ACE] Zero;15568158 said:
Explain how water gun would have a snowy effect?

I think it could be seen both as snowy effect, or just as splashing water rings, like it normally is portrayed as in the sprite based moves. I think basing a second type only in that is a little bit vague.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
Rewatched it, don't see any snowy effect :(

I think someone had a picture of it pages ago. I don't remember which page it is and I have to go soon so I can't look for it but there is a snowflake in it.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Rewatched it, don't see any snowy effect :(

It looked more like splashes of water. I think the moves Froakie used were just Water Gun & Quick Attack

Ironfish

pokemon scientist
Chespin didn't use a dark type attack. It was almost surely AA if you were to take a closer look.

And Froakie didn't use an ice move - that was CLEARLY water type, and was discussed last page.

What I did notice, though is what looked like sparks coming from the second move Froakie used.

how is it arial ace that is NOT a flying move it is shadow claw or night slash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.