• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJPalmer85

I like the new starters. the looks are different (except the water one, another frog). Id like to see them go with either a grass/fighting or poison, strictly water or maybe a water/steel again and the then fire/ground.

B

XxVascoxX

So we have a Grass Fighting, a Fire Psychic and a Water Dark ,well i'll probably try the fire/Psychic poke,why?
---Awesome S.p. Attck-----

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Here's my type predictions-

Chespin
Grass/Dark: Chespin looks innocent, but remember what happened with Oshawott. Big *ss Motherf*cking Sea Lion! (w/ Sword!) Plus he's got the hood thingy like many have pointed out!
Grass/Steel: Hedgehog. Spikes. Steel Type. Maybe with Iron Barbs, and we could call it a more Attack-Orientated Ferrothorn, or maybe a Special Orientated, or maybe mixed?
Pure Grass: Could happen, you never know.
Grass/New Type?: Same as above

Fennekin
Fire/Psychic: Graceful: Check. Uses a possible psychic move: check!
Fire Ground: Fennec Foxes are in the desert. 'nuff said.
Pure Fire: Same as Chespin
Fire/New Type?: Same as above

Froakie
Water/Flying: It does have a white puffy thingy on it's back. WHich is probably a cloud or Cotton candy... To tie in with the new Candy Type lol
Water Ice: You can't really use the Ice attack in trailer excuse, as many Water Pokes can use Ice Beam or Blizzard
Pure Water
Water/New Type?:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm glad they decided to go with a dog like starter for a change, it would have been nice though if it was a dog or wolf since we have a fire fox already..

rocky505

So we have a Grass Fighting, a Fire Psychic and a Water Dark ,well i'll probably try the fire/Psychic poke,why?
No we have a Grass type, A fire type and a water type. No other types have been confirmed for them.

BJPalmer85

I'm glad they decided to go with a dog like starter for a change, it would have been nice though if it was a dog or wolf since we have a fire fox already..

we have a fire dog already as well

B

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Fennekin is not merely a fox, like Vulpix. It is based specifically on the animal called the Fennec Fox

You_Dont_Say.jpg

What is the grass starter based off of, though. It doesn't really look like anything. But it looks like it's evos might be pretty swish.

rocky505

[img=http://s1.postimage.org/q40x0ocij/You_Dont_Say.jpg]

What is the grass starter based off of, though. It doesn't really look like anything. But it looks like it's evos might be pretty swish.
A hedgehog. It's Japanese name comes from hedgehog/Needles/Chestnut

gliscor&yanmega

We don't know if they have secondary types or not though.

I was really hoping for a Wolf, but a member of the Canidae family is fine by me. Still hope for a Wolf Pokemon anyways.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
So I've said some of this today already today, but my speculation/hopes for the starters are:
Chespin- Grass/Steel. A Hedgehog with metal spikes on it's back, and a larger, more tough looking version of the chestnut helmet
Froakie- Water/Ice
Fennekin- Fire/Psychic

I don't have any particular hopes for the appearance of Froakie and Fennekin at the moment.

And just because I can, preference of all basic form starters at this point (maybe subject to change as I get more used to the gen 6 guys):

Fire- Charmander>Chimchar>Cyndaquil>Tepig>Fennekin>Torchic

Water- Totodile> Squirtle>Froakie>Mudkip>Piplup>Oshawott

Grass- Bulbasaur> Treecko>Chespin>Turtwig>Snivy>Chikorita

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
A hedgehog. It's Japanese name comes from hedgehog/Needles/Chestnut

Wait, WHAT!?! *Looks at it* Are you sure?

I was really hoping for a Wolf, but a member of the Canidae family is fine by me. Still hope for a Wolf Pokemon anyways.

I only want a wolf Pokemon to annoy wolf haters.

So I've said some of this today already today, but my speculation/hopes for the starters are:
Chespin- Grass/Steel. A Hedgehog with metal spikes on it's back, and a larger, more tough looking version of the chestnut helmet
Froakie- Water/Ice
Fennekin- Fire/Psychic

I don't have any particular hopes for the appearance of Froakie and Fennekin at the moment.

And just because I can, preference of all basic form starters at this point (maybe subject to change as I get more used to the gen 6 guys):

Fire- Charmander>Chimchar>Cyndaquil>Tepig>Fennekin>Torchic

Water- Totodile> Squirtle>Froakie>Mudkip>Piplup>Oshawott

Grass- Bulbasaur> Treecko>Chespin>Turtwig>Snivy>Chikorita

Grass/Steel..man that would be cool

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Froakie becoming a water ice type makes sense since it's blue and white, although since it's a frog it also makes sense being a water poison type as well.

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
Chespin will be a defensive Grass/Steel Porcupine. Fennikin will be a special Fire and ghost/dark/psychic, though I am leaning towards dark because of Reynard and ****. And Croakie will be physical water/fighting.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
As long as Fennekin has a more drastic change than the likes of Shinx but not as much as Dewott to Samurott I don't mind. Although I'm sure they are going to make sure it looks nothing like Ninentales.

Status
Not open for further replies.