• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironfish

pokemon scientist
I absolutely love that my girl Fennekin is winning the poll; she deserves it for being so fabulous. I didn't think it was possible, but I like Fennekin almost as much as I like Oshawott. It's so weird given that I was introduced to Fennekin merely one day ago. I just hope that the other Gen 6 Pokemon are as great as Fennekin 'cause right now I'm not feeling the Grass-type Dewott or Froakie. :x

every body has there own opinions
Way to read the entire post.

Christ, this section is making me dumber by the minute.

thank you calling me a dumbass jerk

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
You don't even know what move it is for sure. Heck, could be a new move that's like Scald but with a Freeze chance (assuming that is a snowflake). Or just a normal Water Gun, who knows? You have 10 months to find out. =p

So I was reading some of the other posts about stats, and I was thinking isn't it kind of hard to speculate what the stats will be without knowing what types their final evolutions are going to be? I mean we can kind of guess from the way they look, but I feel like we might have more accurate guesses if we knew what the final evolutions typing was.

Luxvan

Mozilla Fennekin
Well, I'm assuming that it's out of the question toss dual-type moves in the air.
I like the idea saying it could be a water move that can freeze.
However, I'm also thinking maybe it could be a combo-friendly move, like the Pledge moves. Maybe we'll see more of those.
"The user sends freezing-cold water at the enemy. If combined with an Ice-type or Water-type move, both attacks will deal more damage."

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
You don't even know what move it is for sure. Heck, could be a new move that's like Scald but with a Freeze chance (assuming that is a snowflake). Or just a normal Water Gun, who knows? You have 10 months to find out. =p

So yeah, the discussion pretty much sums up in this.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

I pray to God that Froakie's final form doesn't look like that 'cause the illustration is giving me Seismitoad vibes. I also hope that Fennekin's final form is bipedal.

I certainly agree with you.

About Fennekin's final form being bipedal... I hope it's quadrapedal because we have yet to have a final form of a Fire starter that's quadrapedal.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
typhlosion and infernape are sometimes seen on all fours

They're primarily bipedal, though, in the same way that you're probably a biped across the Internet, but can drop your butt and bend your knees to walk on all fours.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
I hope they don't look like that, mostly cause Chespin is based off a hedgehog....not a armadillo....

What's your point? Oshawott is based off of an otter while its final evolution Samurott is based off of a sea lion. Chespin could easily evolve into another type of rodent.

However I must admit these fake evolutions are way too Naruto-like.

Salagan

FROAKIE has backwards evolution
Form 1: Gandalf
Form 2: Marriland
Form 3: Dennis The Mennace

is it JUST ME but froakie has those glass on your nose and look 90

Status
Not open for further replies.