• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr SPYDA

YES! YES! YES!
I wasn't excluding countries :p

Yeah i know, i was reading the fennec fox Wikipedia page & wanted to share my knowledge :p

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Well, i've had a pattern of rotating starter types for every new game i've gotten since generation 2. Fire, water, grass, fire and now water again. I guess i'm picking the frog. It doesn't look too bad though. That's a face I could love.

If it did evolve to be a scholarly looking pokemon, then man, I think it would just have to take the place of my favorite water starter: Swampert.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
All the starters are incredibly cute, especially Fennekin (obviously i like it because it's a fire type). I do like the design of all three, they (in my opinion) are alot cuter then the starters from Black and White :). I do hope they don't reuse secondary types, It would be nice to see something different

Last edited:

BM14murph

Master Collector
I'm sure many have speculated this before but I've been hoping for years they would make the starters' secondary typing work as Rock, Paper, Scissors as well just in the opposite of how their primary typing works. It seems now that it's actually very likely to happen

Based on the second moves they use in the trailer I believe the typings will be

Grass/ Dark
Fire/ Psychic
Water/ Fighting

Which will then mean Grass will have an advantage over Fire and Fire over water etc

Let's be honest why would they bother showing a second move for each of them that's of different typing to their primary type if not to hint at something?

msiew10

the weather trio i think are also based on middle eastern mythology, hebrew i think.

Unredemption

The final form of Froakie in that fan-art looks uncannily like Thundurus. Chespin's final form looks like a cross between Torterra and Sandslash. Fennekin's one doesn't really resemble anything familiar, though it has an extremely Japanese / Asian feel.

Last edited:

JennyJackson

Khezu Whelp
-sees 4th option- Hey, I love Dunsparce... :c

Anyway, on topic, I usually choose the fire starter (except in D/P, hate infernape) but it's a tough choice between Fennekin and Froakie for me. Personally I'm gonna wait until their evolutions are revealed before I make a decision.

pokemonbw

Beast Mode Trainer

scorpio66

Obviously its too late for this generation BUT, I feel in future generations they should shake things up a bit, either having more than 3 starters to choose from OR, changing the starter types, such as having an Ice, Steel, or Dark type as a starter, instead of always Fire, water and Grass!

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Obviously its too late for this generation BUT, I feel in future generations they should shake things up a bit, either having more than 3 starters to choose from OR, changing the starter types, such as having an Ice, Steel, or Dark type as a starter, instead of always Fire, water and Grass!

Its nice to think about that at first, but, when u think about it some more, u realize that ths could really screw up lots of stuff for the game.

rocky505

Why does that fake Chespin evo have a fish for a head lmao

scorpio66

Its nice to think about that at first, but, when u think about it some more, u realize that ths could really screw up lots of stuff for the game.

How? you could just ditch using the starter later on, PLUS you very quickly will catch normal/Grass pokemon at the start of any game, so I dont see why it would be a big deal if they tailored the first gym types accordingly!

john90

Why does that fake Chespin evo have a fish for a head lmao

Let's also say that walking with a palm behind the neck would not be so easy XD But the design is cool imo..

Status
Not open for further replies.