• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
I think the second attack of
Froakie was quick attack
Chespin was fury swipes or x scissor (didn't look like a dark attack)
Fennekin was psychic

And for all we know they may have nothing to do with the final evolved forms.

Froakie's attack might have been Quick Attack, but the animation made me think of Fury Swipes.

Also, Chespin's attack didn't look like either IMO. Fury Swipes probably won't be having such a "big and detailed" animation, since it is a common and not so powerful move. The animation doesn't look like it fits X-scissor, it looks more like Aerial Ace or possibly a new move.

rocky505

am I the onlyone here that chespin reminds me of a mole? so I would like to see grass/ground
Read the words under my username. It's names from other languages even gives proof for this.

Deviantart is pretty much this right now.
[spoil]
fennekin__fennekin_everywhere_by_xxcystalthewolfxx-d5qy9q2.png
[/spoil]

Hahaha..........

rocky505

It's an Egg Move, not a level move. And Calm Mind is not an attack.

Again...why GameFreak would show an Egg Move instead of the basic level moves? (Or the TM/HM ones)

You said nothing about egg moves all you said was name a starter that learns a psychic attack and I gave you one.

DigitalH

If I decide to get the game (don't have a 3ds), i'd choose Fennekin, do to cuteness, it being a fire type and IMO having a better design then the other two (even though it looks like a fire Zorua).

Chespin and Froakie jut look ugly to me, at least for now (opinion may change when evo's are revealed).

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I can't decide between Chespin and Froakie. Of course, I'll have to see their evolutions before I decide, but since the games are coming out at the same time this time we won't get to see the evos until the game actually comes out.

Then again, somebody will probably leak everything before launch. Again.

... *goes to re-follow pokexperto's twitter *

Ungoliath

Not a GenWunner
You said nothing about egg moves all you said was name a starter that learns a psychic attack and I gave you one.
You're right. My bad. I stand corrected then.

BUT my reasoning still remains: There is no Fire Type yet that learns a Psychic move by level up. Fennekin seems to be a clear dual type in this trailer (As well as the other, with more hard-to-guess moves)

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Chespin is actually based on the first mammal,which just so happens to look similar to a hedgehog.

I don't think it just looks like a hedgehog. The foreign names clearly have to do with hedgehogs, so there's more to the whole hedgehog thing than just looks.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
Chespin is actually based on the first mammal,which just so happens to look similar to a hedgehog.

I don't think it just looks like a hedgehog. The foreign names clearly have to do with hedgehogs, so there's more to the whole hedgehog thing than just looks.

For me Chespin's design seems to draw inspiration from many animals, like the squirrel, the hedgehog and now that I google searched the first mammal I think it might as well also be based on it.

aa_623

Up until last generation I always picked the starter in the elemental sequence. As in Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Turtwig and it always happened that they were probably my favorite of their respective trios (though generations 1 & 2 I love them all). But Gen5 I couldn't stand Tepig (and still can't) so I started with Snivy. I love the look of Fennekin so it looks like the sequence will pick up again.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
BUT my reasoning still remains: There is no Fire Type yet that learns a Psychic move by level up. Fennekin seems to be a clear dual type in this trailer (As well as the other, with more hard-to-guess moves)

There's a first time for everything. Just beacause there hasn't been one before doesn't mean there can never be one. We can't assume Fennekin is Psychic any more than we could assume Vulpix is Ghost because it learns Confuse Ray.

Ungoliath

Not a GenWunner
There's a first time for everything. Just beacause there hasn't been one before doesn't mean there can never be one. We can't assume Fennekin is Psychic any more than we could assume Vulpix is Ghost because it learns Confuse Ray.
But it wasn't in a trailer, wasn't it?

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.