• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HetaOni

Chesaught
Deviantart is pretty much this right now.
[spoil]
fennekin__fennekin_everywhere_by_xxcystalthewolfxx-d5qy9q2.png
[/spoil]
IKR?! XD
I was on just this morning and all I saw was Fennekin.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
If I decide to get the game (don't have a 3ds), i'd choose Fennekin, do to cuteness, it being a fire type and IMO having a better design then the other two (even though it looks like a fire Zorua).
Chespin and Froakie jut look ugly to me, at least for now (opinion may change when evo's are revealed).

Exactly my thoughts on first appearance

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Each of the Starters bear a resemblance to a Unova Starter

Oshawott-Chespin-Obvious Looks
Tepig-Froakie-Bulky Looking
Fennekin-Snivy-Elegant

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Indeed. Fennekin is slowly making his moves to take over the internet. ALL HAIL THE FIREFOX!

And, he seems different than Zorua for me. The only thing I can say about the two is that they both have a chibi look... And that's pretty much all!

Mr.Pokeman

Chespin is actually based on the first mammal,which just so happens to look similar to a hedgehog.

What is the name of the first mammal?

Humm, judging by the poll there are still some hard-core genwunners (or gentuers as the case may be =D). I personally, judging by the first evos am going to use Chespin, nicely designed, and has potential to be a great pokemon. Both fennekin and froakie are cool and may be options if chespin gets messed up down the line =D.
One of them has to be good, right? Which starter do you think will turn out to be most powerful?

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Humm, judging by the poll there are still some hard-core genwunners (or gentuers as the case may be =D). I personally, judging by the first evos am going to use Chespin, nicely designed, and has potential to be a great pokemon. Both fennekin and froakie are cool and may be options if chespin gets messed up down the line =D.
One of them has to be good, right? Which starter do you think will turn out to be most powerful?

Can't really put a finger on the most powerful... And, honestly, I'll have to give a look on the double typing before I can say that with semi-sure. But I can see all of them being pottentially powerful, but, as my favorite until now is Fennekin, I really hope he gets to be awesome, both in power and design.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I agree. Fennekin is taking the internet by storm which I don't mind because it means great fan art of my favorite starter. However I do feel bad for Froakie and Chespin as they don't get as much attention. I personally don't like them as much as Fennekin but they're still really great looking starter imo.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I will definitely choose Fennekin. He is my second fave fire starter ever. Charmander as #1, of course. Fennekin has the most attention, but I think Chespin is cool too. Froakie is cool, but worse than Fennekin and Chespin. Fennekin (I think) will be Fire/Psychic, which is another reason I'd want him. Dark type would be awesome as well. Notice the attack on Kirlia in the trailer has a Pink/Purple aura to it. You can actually see it in the sig above! Here, look.
BunniBear4 said:
Wait for the attack where Kirlia takes damage.

Can't really put a finger on the most powerful... And, honestly, I'll have to give a look on the double typing before I can say that with semi-sure. But I can see all of them being pottentially powerful, but, as my favorite until now is Fennekin, I really hope he gets to be awesome, both in power and design.

I really like all three, as opposed to gen 5 where i only liked oshawott. I really want all three to have cool evolutions. I think this gen will bring interesting type combos for the starters. Fenekkin may makes its way to my favourite if it gains interesting typing and a cool 'fluffy' fox final evo.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
I will definitely choose Fennekin. He is my second fave fire starter ever. Charmander as #1, of course. Fennekin has the most attention, but I think Chespin is cool too. Froakie is cool, but worse than Fennekin and Chespin. Fennekin (I think) will be Fire/Psychic, which is another reason I'd want him. Dark type would be awesome as well. Notice the attack on Kirlia in the trailer has a Pink/Purple aura to it. You can actually see it in the sig above! Here, look.

The more I see the attack, the more I think it is a Psychic type move. When Fennekin uses the Fire type move (possibly Flamethrower) the battlefield takes a fiery red and orange color. The battle field suddenly takes a pinkish purple color when Fennekin launches the second attack, which might be an indicator of the move's type, and the type that is associated with that color is Psychic.

Everyone thinks Fennekin is going to be Fire/Psychic

willda

Fire starter
I really like the idea of the fire type being a part electric type starter. I heard it mentioned a few times, and it wouldn't be too outlandish with empoleon being part steel. I just hope more than anything, they all get good stats like in generation 3 in generation 4 those starters could actually be use competitively during their own generation.

Last edited:

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer

Kirliadamage.png

Here's a picture of the Kirlia receiving that attack I took using the gif in my sig. I really hope Fennekin is fire/psychic with this sign of it.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
I really like all three, as opposed to gen 5 where i only liked oshawott. I really want all three to have cool evolutions. I think this gen will bring interesting type combos for the starters. Fenekkin may makes its way to my favourite if it gains interesting typing and a cool 'fluffy' fox final evo.

Indeed. This gen has really interesting starters. All of them have a lot of potential. Just want to see how they will turn out to look like, and also what their typing will be. And, unless they screw Fennekin REALLY bad (NO. MORE. FIGHTING/FIRE. STARTERS. THANKS.), he is going to be my partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.