• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonfernoFreak

~Monferno is boss~

german suplex

hipster chespin
If Chespin's tail bloomed flowers I know that I'd lose all respect in him. I mean, I see him as a friendly young boy Pokemon, and with flowers blooming on his tail I'd see him as a floral loving female Pokemon. I'm not trying to be, what's that word when you're judging someone by their sex? I don't know but I'm not trying to do that. It's just how I see Chespin, and that'd ruin his whole character IMO.

Venusaur has a giant flower on his back but that doesn't bother him being a badass. I think it would be cool to see how they implement their final evos. October couldn't come sooner.

Anyone knows cryogenic possible yet?

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
You guys want Fennekin to look like a Firamon from Digimon. I do not. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100723052658/digimon/images/7/75/Firamon_b.png

We don't want him to be like Firamon. At least I don't. More like...

Cross Kyuubimon with Devidramon and make it pokemony, sorta, kinda.

I really don't know how to compare it because what's in my head looks nothing like Firamon, it looks more like one of the Fennekin evos someone posted way back, but with flaming wings. Very fox-like, very shinto-mythic, but still very aerodynamic and graceful.

There's a Chinese fold-tale I've read that was about a fox who turned into a young girl and tricked a man into marrying her by promising him that by helping him study, he could marry her. In the end, he didn't find out she was a fox until he stepped on her tail and she turned back to her original form. She hid her tail under her robe usually.

I'm not sure if that could be a final evolution, but it could be interesting to see Fennekin trying to hid it's tail. I hope it wouldn't be too humanoid though, because the rule 34 that would follow would invade google images.

There's a Chinese fold-tale I've read that was about a fox who turned into a young girl and tricked a man into marrying her by promising him that by helping him study, he could marry her. In the end, he didn't find out she was a fox until he stepped on her tail and she turned back to her original form. She hid her tail under her robe usually.

I'm not sure if that could be a final evolution, but it could be interesting to see Fennekin trying to hid it's tail. I hope it wouldn't be too humanoid though, because the rule 34 that would follow would invade google images.
Yes, I know whatcha mean......Lopunny. (-_-) But, that's an interesting folk tale.

Last edited:

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
When I realized they had the typings on the site, I got all happy. But then I remembered it was the typing of only the first forms, which are almost always pure types. Oh well. Seems like we got nowhere new...

And also, at the poll, Chespin made a comeback. Feel kinda sorry for poor Froakie, though. But, none ofthem comes close to Fennekin. He clearly is the hyped starter of this generation. Let's all hope he doesn't go bipedal on us... And double hope he doesn't get a fighting typing... The poll results would change A LOT if that was the case!

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful

Awww, you think her being non-humanoid would help...

gpt11

Hasnt something similar been done by Ninetales in Johto? It knew Psychic and created illusions to get Brock to stay with it as it looked like its old trainer.

fahademon

Lugia Master
The news of the typing didn't do much. Except bring my hype down.Now I KNOW the news will come slowly. :\

[aka]

Agreed, Sugimori evidently makes it stand out. Chespin could bloom flowers on his tail for all we know.
Well, that's not the direction I would go in. xD
I'd say more that it could turn into a weapon or something; Chespin seems very armor/weapon-y.
I really hadn't thought of Fennekin using Scratch really. It seems possible once I think about it.
Moves don't always make explicit sense. After all, Psyduck and Diglett can learn Scratch, can't they? Heck, even Shedinja can learn it!
There's a Chinese folk-tale I've read that was about a fox who turned into a young girl and tricked a man into marrying her by promising him that by helping him study, he could marry her. In the end, he didn't find out she was a fox until he stepped on her tail and she turned back to her original form. She hid her tail under her robe usually.

Personally, that sounds much more like a kitsune to me, the kind of deceitful fox that inspired Zorua and Zoroark's ability Illusion.

Based on what I've read about fennec foxes, scientifically speaking, it would make sense for Fennekin to become a Fire/Ground-type. Mythologically, I'd think that any African myths would be most relevant, considering that's where the animals are from.

[aka];15588569 said:
Moves don't always make explicit sense. After all, Psyduck and Diglett can learn Scratch, can't they? Heck, even Shedinja can learn it!

Oh yea. I remember that. It's just that since they're Starters, it would be more basic. It may just happen. I wouldn't be surprised if it did. xD

willda

Fire starter
[aka];15588569 said:
Well, that's not the direction I would go in. xD
I'd say more that it could turn into a weapon or something; Chespin seems very armor/weapon-y.

Personally, that sounds much more like a kitsune to me, the kind of deceitful fox that inspired Zorua and Zoroark's ability Illusion.

Based on what I've read about fennec foxes, scientifically speaking, it would make sense for Fennekin to become a Fire/Ground-type. Mythologically, I'd think that any African myths would be most relevant, considering that's where the animals are from.

true but there is a kitsune myth in Korea and china too In those three countries foxes have the same powers.

thunderman2067

GUys Fennekin is a fire type and people are saying it might evolve into a fire/Physic If truee that means it Special attack might be off the charts.I hope we got some good psysic moves

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Oh, and on the subject of Froakie, at least now we got a more "clear" shot of his attack. I think I can say it pretty confidently that his first attack is only a Water Gun type thing, and not an Ice type attack. At least we got that outta the way. But we still have no idea of what Fennekin's second attack was, though...

I love this evo of Froakie

Well, that seems kinda disturbing...

Status
Not open for further replies.