• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

willda

Fire starter
After what they've done to tepig we should know they actually don't really care..They know we are going to buy the games anyway, so they make the pokemon look like they want..Let's turn our hopes down this time..

True Poor tepig...to evolve into that was an abomination almost, but I think 80% of the time they do a great job with the pokemon Especially the starters, I only hated the ice cream pokemon actually lol ( I didn't like chikorita's line and hated emboar even more but I could still say there were minor things I liked still.)

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
After what they've done to tepig we should know they actually don't really care..They know we are going to buy the games anyway, so they make the pokemon look like they want..Let's turn our hopes down this time..

Still, GameFreak has a fanbase. They can't just ignore the negative response Tepig got, both in the east and in the west. A good company don't just "do what they want", and I believe GameFreak is a good enough company to hear their fans. But then again, they might go ahead and do the Fire/Fighting again just to troll us. They aren't known as trollfreak for nothing, after all!

willda

Fire starter
Still, GameFreak has a fanbase. They can't just ignore the negative response Tepig got, both in the east and in the west. A good company don't just "do what they want", and I believe GameFreak is a good enough company to hear their fans. But then again, they might go ahead and do the Fire/Fighting again just to troll us. They aren't known as trollfreak for nothing, after all!

Wait the east? even asia hated him??

john90

Emboar may be quite strong and have a good moveset..But the question is, is there really anyone who like this giant fat ugly swine?

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.

Yes, they did. Pretty much everybody hated on Tepig. That's why I'm thinking they wouldn't go the same route with Fennekin, knowing the backlash that would cause!

Harry12

Flygon Trainer
another online find. all starters

http://i.imgur.com/3JMGB.jpg

These look like old pokemon that have been remodelled
Fennekin "Final evolution" looks like Arcanine Same stance, Mane, Different coloured fur on legs and Its has almost the same colours
Froakie "final evolution" looks like Alakazam but with lots of added with foam/fluff. It is crouched, has a mustache, Same pointed ears.
Chespin "Final evolution" seems like excadrill although it doesn't look similar it gives off that excadrilly vibe. This one is my favourite of these three fanarts

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Still, GameFreak has a fanbase. They can't just ignore the negative response Tepig got, both in the east and in the west.

Actually they can.

If Game Freak wants to make Fennekin fire/fighting then they can do so, regardless how the fanbase feels.

Personally I think that it's likely that it will be fire/psychic simply because in folklore Foxes are regarded as being cunning, furthermore looking how feminine Fennekin looks support my theory as well.

I certainly don't want Fennekin to look like that thing.

Wow, I just realized I've been talking on here for over 2 hours. I suddenly feel as though I have no life...

Yea, spending too much time on Serebii'll do that to you. I remember it was a real problem for me when I was like, 13 and spent all my time here talking with fellow no-lifes about what Diamond and Pearl were gonna be like. Not sure why I come back every time a new generation is announced. haha

Speaking of Emboar...
He was my favorite of the Unova starters. Now, don't get me wrong, doesn't mean I liked any of them much at all.
But Emboar has a beard made of fire. And don't even try to tell me that's not incredibly badass.

TheTruth

I'm torn between Froakie and Fennekin at the moment, though i'll have to see the final evolutions of all three before I make any kind of decision. Like many others, though, i doubt I'll choose Fennekin if it ends up being fire/fighting, though if it looks cool enough, I would reconsider.

gliscor&yanmega

Why wouldn't they? Nobody likes repetition.

I don't mind repetition, it's a pretty common thing to see in stuff anyways(In one way or another).

Emboar may be quite strong and have a good moveset..But the question is, is there really anyone who like this giant fat ugly swine?

Of course. Every Pokemon has someone who likes it. With there being...however many people who play the games, there are going to be different takes on everything, ranging all around.

I wasn't a fan of Emboar(Rarely am a fan of any of the starters), but I thought it was interesting and enjoyed using it the many times I did.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I love how the tidbit of news today was that the starters' types were pure fire, grass and water. Meaning they will be exactly like every starter pokemon since Charmander.

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.

I don't like Emboar's look, but I really like Pignite and Tepig's look. Emboar was pretty good with Defense and Attck in the game and had some useful moves like Arm Thrust, Head Smash, etc which helped in the B/W 2 story. I still don't know who I'm going to pick in the 6th gen and I'm waiting until I see the starters evolutions.

[aka]

I love how the tidbit of news today was that the starters' types were pure fire, grass and water. Meaning they will be exactly like every starter pokemon since Charmander.

Except Bulbasaur, of course. Which means that it could happen that a first-stage starter has dual types.

EDIT: Yay, my 1337th post! xD

Last edited:

willda

Fire starter
Why wouldn't they? Nobody likes repetition.

On the repletion side of things I actually don't mind if the typing is repeated twice (I'm probably the only one who really loved Infernape :;-;) in a row but three is overdoing it, 4 is just stop already.

Status
Not open for further replies.