• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic Flygon

I can't count how many times I've watched the X and Y trailer. I watched multiple times a day, and I watch before bed every night. I've never been so involved in something, so excited. I honestly don't know why. It might be because I took a year-long break from teh pokermans and now I need my fill...

You and me both, I lost my loyalty to pokemon since sinnoh, so whenever I hear of a new gen I just can't help jumping at whatever news and info we get.

McNugget

The Bassist
I plan on choosing Fennekin. Although I considered Chespin because they are both adorable. Fennekin wins because a presumed Fire/Psychic none legendary pokémon is my dream come true.
Even if it is just fire, I think it is the best looking of the 3.

MonfernoFreak

~Monferno is boss~

Man, I would love to see Fennekin's evo as Fire/Flying just to see Charizard fans *****ing. xD

Fennekin is becoming one of the most popular Fire starters, right behind the flying lizard. Man, another Fire/Flying would be an interesting to see...

Agreed. But, unless Chespin turns out to have a really gay evo then I'm still picking him, UNLESS Fennekin's evo is SUPER SUPER boss, which I don't think it will be. I just see it turning into a more muscualr Ninetails in its final evo... But if it's a Fire/Flying, Chespin's being dumped...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
*Does a dance every time she sees Fennekin winning in the poll* I'm so glad that my favorite Gen 6 Starter is getting the recognition she deserves. I'm just a bit peeved that a lot of people are only considering using her because they believe she'll evolve into something that's "cool." I think she's already really cool the way she is now and I barely think about what she'll evolve into. It sucks being the only person who likes certain Starters for how they look in their unevolved forms.

^Gosh, yea, that must suck. I can't even begin to imagine the tortured existence you must lead.

Agreed. But, unless Chespin turns out to have a really gay evo then I'm still picking him, UNLESS Fennekin's evo is SUPER SUPER boss, which I don't think it will be. I just see it turning into a more muscualr Ninetails in its final evo... But if it's a Fire/Flying, Chespin's being dumped...

Fire/Flying with bat wings or bird wings? Some people are fond of one but not the other.
Though I personally like both. COS IT'D BE BOSS KOSH BEGOSH.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I can't picture a good evolution for Fennekin. If it evolves to Ninetales 2.0, it will be boring.
If it evolve to Zoroark 2.0, it will be boring.
If it evolve to another Fire/Fighting, people will commit mass suicide.

After all this talk I am really wanting one of the starters evolving into a Flying Pokémon. :<
Unlikely, but everything may happen...

she deserves..

It.

^Gosh, yea, that must suck. I can't even begin to imagine the tortured existence you must lead.

Lol xD

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
I would hate fire/ flying for fennekin, mainly because I REALLY think fire must have a unique type combo this gen after 2 gens of repeats. Also 4x stealth rock is dissapointing, plus ... you just don't challenge Charizard like that, you just don't.

The only remaining unique typings for Fire-type are Fire/Water, Fire/Ice, Fire/Normal and Fire/Poison, none of which I see as probable for Fennekin.

Xadium

Poliwhirl Enthusiast
To tell you the honest truth, Fennekin looks really boring to me. I don't see why people are raving over it, it looks very plain. There aren't really any defining features to make it stick out. I still love it, but I don't think it is some sort ultimate starter goddess.

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
It sounds retarded, but Fennekin's popularity is exactly the reason I really don't want to use it... It's cute, and I love its design, don't get me wrong. And it has potential. But... It's not like, my favourite Fire-starter of all time and I doubt it ever will be. Not saying I'll never use it, of course- if I ever get to play X or Y at all, I'll be using it on a later playthrough, for sure.

...Not to mention how certain... ahem, parts of the internet blow things way out of proportion with the popular starters...

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Man, i can't believe I didn't notice it until now.

Chespin reminds me of looking like the Grass version not to Oshawott, but Pachirisu. Without a tail of course. That's what I was trying wonder what Chespin reminded me of.

Also, yaay for Fennekin booming the poll~

To tell you the honest truth, Fennekin looks really boring to me. I don't see why people are raving over it, it looks very plain. There aren't really any defining features to make it stick out. I still love it, but I don't think it is some sort ultimate starter goddess.

Well, there's that giant head. I certainly can't ignore it.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I find it curious how Froakie is the youngest, yet it's already a frog. XD Same with Croagunk, though. And The Poli family are all tadpoles (excluding Politoad). Only the Seismitoad line makes sense, but it's also very disturbing. Gotta love the froggies~

A late reply, but a quick search turned this up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leptodactylidae

"Several of the genera within Leptodactylidae lay their eggs in foam nests. These can be in crevices, on the surface of water, or on forest floors. These foam nests are some of the most varied among frogs. When eggs hatch in nests on the forest floor, the tadpoles remain within the nest, without eating, until metamorphosis. In the genus Eleutherodactylus, the eggs undergo direct development and hatch directly into miniature frogs, with no free-living tadpole stage."

Considering Froakie's foam collar, you could consider it as part of this Family. They still undergo a tadpole-like state like all frogs, however they do not venture out till a complete form.

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast

Are you 10, or really that rude?

Xadium

Poliwhirl Enthusiast
Yeah, what's with people calling everything "gay"?

Chespin, if you're gay, don't worry. We'll still accept you.

Ver-mont

*Does a dance every time she sees Fennekin winning in the poll* I'm so glad that my favorite Gen 6 Starter is getting the recognition she deserves. I'm just a bit peeved that a lot of people are only considering using her because they believe she'll evolve into something that's "cool." I think she's already really cool the way she is now and I barely think about what she'll evolve into. It sucks being the only person who likes certain Starters for how they look in their unevolved forms.

I think that's not exactly the case. From what I've seen, people are choosing Fennekin because it's commonly considered the best-looking or coolest out of the three base forms — but most people are waiting to see its evolutions in order to determine whether they will still be choosing Fennekin or picking another option, because three consecutive Generations of Fire/Fighting really make you face a new, cool Fire starter with a grain of salt before seeing what it evolves into.

I'd like to know who these jokers are who voted Dunsparce.
Know what would have really blown people's minds?
You've been waiting all week for the Pokemon Direct video. It's Tuesday morning, 6 AM, HOLY CRAP A NEW 3D ADVENTURE, and the starters arrrrrre...
Dunsparce. Just Dunsparce. Good luck on your adventure in 3D land.

Xadium

Poliwhirl Enthusiast
This might sound crazy, but...

What if Dunsparce got a kick-*** evolution? Y'know, like the bullied kid that turns around and says, "Look at me now!"

Status
Not open for further replies.