• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
has any starters gender percentages been 75 female instead of male??? Fenniken needs to be a higher percentage female.

Nope, even Chikorita and Snivy have only 25% of being female. Fennekin will most likely be like every other starter. It is nice to remember that they are Pokémon, the fact that they look "feminine" or "masculine" doesn't affect their genders at all (see Meloetta, who looks very feminine, but it is genderless).

willda

Fire starter
I hope so too...kinda like Toxicroak...except that Toxicroak isn't that fast or powerful...it's quite pitiful actually,even ingame.

At this rate I see Chespin being the defesive one,Fennekin the offensive one and Froakie the speedy one.

Well TBH toxicroak is actually very good in the rain, once behind a sub it can be very hard to take down.

i think chespins the coolest but it doesnt matter because i end up tradeing for all of them ^_^

I feel I will do the same once the version sequel comes out I really have grown to like all three.

LadyLady

Could you imagine if Fennekin evolved into a fire/fighting lol goodbye Fennekin fan base

Froakin' Koga

Does anyone else think that the pokemon chosen for the starters to battle against might indicate something. Because a Golurk, Kirlia, and Patrat all seem pretty random. But they may be used to showcase the different moves of the starters as being super effective. Golurk being weak to dark like Night Slash and patrat being weak to fighting like close combat. Im not sure what to make of the Kirlia bit unlees that move that looked like psychic was actually a ghost type move, or even that one psychic type move that can only hurt other psychics, i think it was called synchronoise maybe. I just think that GameFreak chose these three opponents for a reason and its a hint for types, or even just moveset patterns, down the evo line. I just wonder why GameFreak would have Chespin use aerial ace against Golurk when it can already use Solarbeam. I dont think they just picked those three out of a hat and chose them. btw first post ever

Does anyone else think that the pokemon chosen for the starters to battle against might indicate something. Because a Golurk, Kirlia, and Patrat all seem pretty random. But they may be used to showcase the different moves of the starters as being super effective. Golurk being weak to dark like Night Slash and patrat being weak to fighting like close combat. Im not sure what to make of the Kirlia bit unlees that move that looked like psychic was actually a ghost type move, or even that one psychic type move that can only hurt other psychics, i think it was called synchronoise maybe. I just think that GameFreak chose these three opponents for a reason and its a hint for types, or even just moveset patterns, down the evo line. I just wonder why GameFreak would have Chespin use aerial ace against Golurk when it can already use Solarbeam. I dont think they just picked those three out of a hat and chose them. btw first post ever
Sadly, we know it's not Synchronoise. I went down that road before, but I like what you put out. Very interesting, I didn't notice about the supereffective hits until now. Well, if those are the moves though.

Froakin' Koga

Sadly, we know it's not Synchronoise. I went down that road before, but I like what you put out. Very interesting, I didn't notice about the supereffective hits until now. Well, if those are the moves though.

Yeah the Kirlia throws me off. Im really thinking that fennekin will become psychic just to be a "in your face way" of ending the fire/fighting dynasty.

Yeah the Kirlia throws me off. Im really thinking that fennekin will become psychic just to be a "in your face way" of ending the fire/fighting dynasty.
I hope that does happen. xD But, Fire/Fighting isn't annoying to me. Having something new would be nice though.
I usually pick a pokemon for my team based on its type. So yeah type matters a lot for me.

Not with me. I'm completely different.

Froakin' Koga

So how do you guys think the stat layout will go for these new starters? Im thinking:

Froakie: fast sweeper with a U-turn option maybe

Chespin: Physical Tank with subpar speed (samurott mixed with torterra)

Fennekin : Either a calm minding beast as fire/psychic or a fire/ghost with confuse ray, hex, will-o-wisp and stat dropping special moves like shadow ball

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Could you imagine if Fennekin evolved into a fire/fighting lol goodbye Fennekin fan base
I'll hate the fact if Game Freak makes fennekin a 4th fire/fight starter in a row. Unless it's has a good moveset, and stats I'll most likely use either Froakie or Chespin as my starter instead.

IMO Emboar was the worst fire/fight type, if you don't count TM's, and move tutors the only fighting move it learns while leveling up is Arm Thrust. Besides that it actually doesn't learn that many fighting moves, should have been just pure fire if you ask me :/

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
So how do you guys think the stat layout will go for these new starters? Im thinking:

Froakie: fast sweeper with a U-turn option maybe

Chespin: Physical Tank with subpar speed (samurott mixed with torterra)

Fennekin : Either a calm minding beast as fire/psychic or a fire/ghost with confuse ray, hex, will-o-wisp and stat dropping special moves like shadow ball

Wow do people keep wanting Chespin to be the Tank, I want him to be the speedy guy. The slim fast one. We have had a tank grass before, and a tank water. How about Fennekin being the Tank, lol, thats new. :p

Froakin' Koga

Wow do people keep wanting Chespin to be the Tank, I want him to be the speedy guy. The slim fast one. We have had a tank grass before, and a tank water. How about Fennekin being the Tank, lol, thats new. :p

oooooh fennekin a special tank. I actually like that. I just cant see Chespin becoming like sceptile but i do see him being faster than any water starter we have seen

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
oooooh fennekin a special tank. I actually like that. I just cant see Chespin becoming like sceptile but i do see him being faster than any water starter we have seen

See its something new lol. Ya maybe not just like Sceptile, but we have had to many grass tank pokemon in my mind. And I don't want Chespin to be that.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I don't really care if Chespin is gonna be fast or a tank, but I REALLY want a "slim speed demon" Water-type starter.

I hope this starter is Froakie :|

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I don't really care if Chespin is gonna be fast or a tank, but I REALLY want a "slim speed demon" Water-type starter.

I hope this starter is Froakie :|

Ya I don't want a Water type tank as well. It has been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.