• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Froakin' Koga

oooooh and froakie can make mist or clouds or bubbles or foam or whatever the heck that white stuff is with the pipe. thatd be ballin'

willda

Fire starter
I would hope it would be faster than scizor and enough defense to survive a bullet punch. and a Stab mach punch. Physical Bulk to help the multitude of physical fighting moves and steel moves. but Ice and Bug Buzz would mess him up. Same with high special attacking fires.

But yeah I think they tried to make a physical Cradily with Torterra and gave it Ground to become offensive. Then Ferrothorn came and was pretty much Cradily 2.0. but now I think this is the generation that GF tries to right the wrongs it made like it tried doing with the hidden abilities last gen *long stare at politoed and every pokemon that had sturdy*

Could you elaborate "tried"? I thought they successfully fixed charizard to at least function decently outside of NU And the fixed blaziken so much they broke him.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
No. It is not a hat really, it is an extension of his back armor (i.e. part of his body).

Ya I hope its like this (though we won't know till later, most likely in the anime), though the fact that it looks like a hat is so very cute! And I want one.

Froakin' Koga

Could you elaborate "tried"? I thought they successfully fixed charizard to at least function decently outside of NU And the fixed blaziken so much they broke him.

By try I dont mean failed. You cant succeed without trying. not a negative connotation there.

gliscor&yanmega

Does Chespin look a little bit like Bianca to anyone else?

Not even after that picture showing her turn into one, no.

The only thing I see in Chespin is Cilan, and that's only because their hair(Or whatever for Chespin) looks similar to me(Still fairly different though).

MonfernoFreak

~Monferno is boss~
Does Chespin look a little bit like Bianca to anyone else?

Now that you mention it, a little bit. But it seems more like a dopey Pokemon Bianca would catch. Finally, a Pokemon to match Bianca.

Speaking of Bianca. Even though she annoyed me sometimes she was probably one of Ash's best rivals imo, I just loved how she was so stupid. I hope she returns, and then hooks up with Barry C;

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I would hope it would be faster than scizor and enough defense to survive a bullet punch. and a Stab mach punch. Physical Bulk to help the multitude of physical fighting moves and steel moves. but Ice and Bug Buzz would mess him up. Same with high special attacking fires.

But yeah I think they tried to make a physical Cradily with Torterra and gave it Ground to become offensive. Then Ferrothorn came and was pretty much Cradily 2.0. but now I think this is the generation that GF tries to right the wrongs it made like it tried doing with the hidden abilities last gen *long stare at politoed and every pokemon that had sturdy*

True, hopefully they do that.

Agreed, they did take some good steps in BW/2 with the hidden abilities and buffing up old ones/moves, hopefully they'll keep it up.

LeoP2008

Trainer/Coordinator
No. It is not a hat really, it is an extension of his back armor (i.e. part of his body).

I'm leaning towards the "yes, it can" option." Or, atleast I hope it can.

I don't see them going the Bulbasaur-route (the grass on its back has a symbiotic nature) but rather a more Oshawott-route (he utilizes the elemental accessory for attack and defense.)

chespin_by_possim-d5r7il3.png

give_it_back__by_tabby__cat-d5r52op.png

I've heard rumor that Chespin will evolve into a knight (with chestnut armor) or thief (with a grass-based Robin Hood theme). Both of these can imply that the Chespin evo WEAR grass as opposed to BECOME grass. Either way, if the typing and design are right, I'm cool with whatever. ;)

Shraeder

It's Lit
I think it is not a hood. If it were a hood it would attach around Chespin's neck.

X Rat

Look on its back, green the same color as on the top of its head. The "hat" is an extension of that.

I've heard rumor that Chespin will evolve into a knight (with chestnut armor) or thief (with a grass-based Robin Hood theme). Both of these can imply that the Chespin evo WEAR grass as opposed to BECOME grass. Either way, if the typing and design are right, I'm cool with whatever.

That is baseless speculation, though. There is no indication either of those things will happen.

Edit P.S.: I should be more specific. Speculation is fine, but I am basing my claim on the images of Chespin we have, as opposed to wishful concepts that do not come from an official source.

Last edited:

XMatrix

Flygon Enthusiast
Wh... why is the minority picking Chespin? I'd expect the order to be Fennekin, Chespin, Froakie. Maybe it's because nobody can tell what it is? In my opinion, it's the most creative of the three and my favorite. :)

(It's a hedgehog. The shiny version has to be blue. It has to be.)

Status
Not open for further replies.