• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

X Rat

ITT: We're all hoping for the final evo (and hopefully stage 1 evo) to be a unique dual-type. Let's not speculate because we get rationale like the quote above.

"We're all hoping"? Not in one topic on any forum in the history of the Internet, have all posters wanted the same thing. I've said it before, I do not mind Chespin being pure grass at all. I think a quilled/spiked/armored hedgehog pokemon as a concept lends itself well to a second type. It is not what I "want", necessarily (I don't care either way), it is an objective analysis. (I will not deny that many people do blur those lines, though, not all of us are doing that)

Last edited:

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Hope chespin turns out good, as I'm picking him.

I vote the mods lock this thread instead of deleting it at release date.mif they do that, that is.

XxVascoxX

Its amazing how generation after generation GameFreak keep trolling , could it be that they foresaw all the speculation and added the psychic/fighting/dark moves in the trailer for X and y just to troll us.
Stupid me who fought that fenekin would be so awesome with beastly Sp Attack due to being Fire/psychic.

Its amazing how generation after generation GameFreak keep trolling , could it be that they foresaw all the speculation and added the psychic/fighting/dark moves in the trailer for X and y just to troll us.
Stupid me who fought that fenekin would be so awesome with beastly Sp Attack due to being Fire/psychic.

You'd look even stupider if it DID turn out to be Fire/Psychic after you said that. haha

Honestly, the speculation threads have always attracted a tremendous amount of activity prior to each new generation's release. I first joined the forum back when Gen 4 was first announced, and nothing has changed. You guys who preach about rumours and whatnot should have known this it what it would be like.

Think about this: While you're watching all these people argue about how Fennekin "WILL be part Psychic cos DUH LOOK AT ITS TRAILER ATTACK LOL", instead of involving yourselves in petty arguments, remember that when the release date rolls around and certain people are wrong, it will be HILARIOUS.

LeoP2008

Trainer/Coordinator
I think we can all agree that the base forms will be single type, no question there.

Idunno....there was Bulbasaur that one time...

...but seriously, I think all the base forms will be single type

willda

Fire starter
You'd look even stupider if it DID turn out to be Fire/Psychic after you said that. haha

Honestly, the speculation threads have always attracted a tremendous amount of activity prior to each new generation's release. I first joined the forum back when Gen 4 was first announced, and nothing has changed. You guys who preach about rumours and whatnot should have known this it what it would be like.

Think about this: While you're watching all these people argue about how Fennekin "WILL be part Psychic cos DUH LOOK AT ITS TRAILER ATTACK LOL", instead of involving yourselves in petty arguments, remember that when the release date rolls around and certain people are wrong, it will be HILARIOUS.

True people are making a lot of sweeping statements of what will happen, when in all honesty most will be terribly wrong.

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
in the end it does not matter.i love Fennekin i will start with that one, but since i will get both games i will have all three.so to me the types dont matter i will just enjoy the games like i always have.(u may start hating on me now)

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Am I the only one hoping that the VI Gen starters have a signature move this time? I mean Tepig and its family is the only starter with a signature move..

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
no i hope they have a signature move heck they will probably have new moves in the 6th gen like they do in every gen

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Just a thought but I kinda wish Flame Burst was released in the 6th Gen as Fennekin's signature move. Because Fennec Foxes dissipate heat from their ears that would have been a bit more interesting to see in the animations. xD

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Fennekin Sig Move: Ear Flare
Chespin Sig Move: Hat Attack
Froakie Sig Move: OHK of Epicness

~

Froakin' Koga

My assumption of what fennekin will become. Pretty much a Special Serperior. High speed and Very Decent Special Attack and Defense.
For some reason I think GF knows how gamers mostly wanted a Fire/Psychic going into Gen 5. They gave us Victini and made him event exclusive which in my opinion was a way of them kind of saying "You want it so bad then go out and get it"
Im also sure that they tracked the downloads too.
However I think that they will tease us with Psychic (I dont see why the trailer would showcase a psychic move against Kirlia, while "Night Slash" would be super effed against Golurk, and "Close Combat" with patrat) I dont believe those were the actual moves but I do think that the pokemon chosen as opponents were hints.
I think GF will throw us for a loop on Fennekin (pretty sure that in design they had a pretty good idea that it would be a fan favorite) and make him Ghost.

adamfitz

poké-lover
in the end it does not matter.i love Fennekin i will start with that one, but since i will get both games i will have all three.so to me the types dont matter i will just enjoy the games like i always have.(u may start hating on me now)

I'd love to get all three aswell
I'll be choosing froakie tho, I like to choose just one.
And if he turns out like you Sig picture id love that!

Am I the only one hoping that the VI Gen starters have a signature move this time? I mean Tepig and its family is the only starter with a signature move..

Snivy had Leaf Tornado.
Oshawott had Razor Shell.

Lots of starters have signature moves.
Turtwig: Leaf Storm
Treecko: Leaf Blade
Torhic: Blaze Kick (arguably Sky Uppercut)
Mudkip: Muddy Water

Froakin' Koga

Im also picking Froakie. When I first saw him he just seemed right. This is actually the first SLIM frog we have had. The Poliwag lines closest relation is being blue. They are blue blobs with hypnotic spirals and boxing gloves...
Then GF tried to make up for their frogs not looking froggy with politoed.
Then GF gave the tadpole idea a run with tympole then palpitoad and then the monstrous bulbous Seismitoad.

Status
Not open for further replies.