• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
This is my favorite since it resembles how I feel Froakie will turn out.

froakie_fake_evolution_by_buddyivy-d5rhgw6.png

Looks pretty good, a bit to much Darkrai but good! There are so many options I believe the writers are bit misleading us and gave the pokes in the intro moves they can learn by cross breading!

I hope Froakie gets a 2nd type and it's fighting or poison. and I'm dissapointed Froakie is the least popular here! big surprise!

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Looks pretty good, a bit to much Darkrai but good! There are so many options I believe the writers are bit misleading us and gave the pokes in the intro moves they can learn by cross breading!

I hope Froakie gets a 2nd type and it's fighting or poison. and I'm dissapointed Froakie is the least popular here! big surprise!

Well to be fair, it's been switching the spot with Chespin so they're pretty much equally popular.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Every week, people hope Smash will reveal something big. Every week, they are disappointed. We logical people have come to terms with the fact that we probably won't see anything new until February's Corocoro in all likelihood, and if we get earlier information from another source it will come as a pleasant surprise. If people want to keep building their hopes up only to be let down week after week, more power to them.

Well, you egotistical - sorry, "logical" - people need to learn the difference between hope and expectancy. I tune in to Smash hoping, not expecting, and frankly I'd rather be naively optimistic and pleasantly surprised than one of the cynical variety who missed out on the live feed of the worldwide 6th gen announcement because they believed it was going to be about another Mystery Dungeon or even a TCG expansion and decided to sleep through it.

Please stop acting like we're a bunch of overexcited kiddies at a party and you're the cool older one who has to calm us down just because we're keeping our fingers crossed. Sure we're unlikely to get another reveal at this early stage, but we've never been presented with a simultaneous worldwide release before so it's not impossible.

Dragonquester

Fear the dragon
I'm probably going with froakie, cause I love water starters, but I hope it doesn't turn into just a stronger seismatoad or something like that. I love the water/ground combo, but yeah.......also, I think fennekin is a pure fire. No idea about chespin, though. It looks like a mole or groundhog, so grass/ground maybe?

willda

Fire starter
Well, you egotistical - sorry, "logical" - people need to learn the difference between hope and expectancy. I tune in to Smash hoping, not expecting, and frankly I'd rather be naively optimistic and pleasantly surprised than one of the cynical variety who missed out on the live feed of the worldwide 6th gen announcement because they believed it was going to be about another Mystery Dungeon or even a TCG expansion and decided to sleep through it.

Please stop acting like we're a bunch of overexcited kiddies at a party and you're the cool older one who has to calm us down just because we're keeping our fingers crossed. Sure we're unlikely to get another reveal at this early stage, but we've never been presented with a simultaneous worldwide release before so it's not impossible.

This ^.I think some people forget this Isn't 4chan, it always seems like on every long thread someone comes in and makes a comment to belittle others to make themselves feel more intelligent/mature Just keep the threads a nice place people!

It would be nice to hear something new on everything, just about lost all my excitement...

swamp_swampert

Swamp master
my prediction about final evolutions

chespin (grass/dark) good A/D/SD bad SA/SP
fennekin (fire/psychic) good SA/A/SP bad SD/D
froakie (water/fighting) good A/D/SP bad SD/SA

R_N

Here's the link for Smash..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6RB2bMSjX5U#!
But you will probably lose your time..

just fyi: I don't want to see any liveblogging about Smash
I also don't want to see complaints about them not showing anything!
I also also don't want to see people constantly asking "Did Smash Show Anything"

Rest assured if anything is shown literally every pokemon site will have something about it and post it everywhere.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
I also also don't want to see people constantly asking "Did Smash Show Anything"

Rest assured if anything is shown literally every pokemon site will have something about it and post it everywhere.

Spoilsport ;)

Seriously, though, as long as they don't show that middle aged dude in a spandex eeveeluton outfit I'll be happy, reveals or no. I would like info on the starters next, wherever and whenever it comes from, but something tells me they're going to reveal the legendary types before they reveal any silhouettes of new pokes. Just a hunch.

EDIT: of course they showed him. Seriously though, that is some scarring sh*t. On the plus side possible new eeveelution in maybe like 3 weeks, but on the downside I HAVE SEEN TOO MUCH OF THAT GUY'S PACKAGE.

Last edited:

Shraeder

It's Lit
my prediction about final evolutions

chespin (grass/dark) good A/D/SD bad SA/SP
fennekin (fire/psychic) good SA/A/SP bad SD/D
froakie (water/fighting) good A/D/SP bad SD/SA

I would like this.

ZOMG GUYZ ANYTHING ON SMASH?????

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Maybe Froaie will get poison touch as its DW ability or some new Foam Coat ability that reduces the power of special type moves. Chespin could get an ability like Rock Head or Intimidate when it evolves. For Fennekin it might get Flash Fire or Overcoat....or to troll us Soundproof..... Miju xD

MidnightJewel

So not a Beginner
I wish we could see there evolutions
As do we all, mi amigo. As do we all.

But besides from that, I still think that Fennekin will be dark type, I don't know about Froakie. It might well be pure water. Chespin could be ground, rock, steel, possibly fighting or even bug, but that one seems less likely. I don't think the dark type is very likely for Chespin.

Drohn

I really think Froakie would be a cool water/flying type with the cloud. But some of the designs here that suggest more fighting type characteristics would be awesome as well! I really love this set of starters, I hope their evolutions will look cool as well. I don't mind the types, as long as the design is nice :D

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
I really think Froakie would be a cool water/flying type with the cloud. But some of the designs here that suggest more fighting type characteristics would be awesome as well! I really love this set of starters, I hope their evolutions will look cool as well. I don't mind the types, as long as the design is nice :D

People seem to be stuck on this idea that GF is going to do this psychic/fighting/dark triangle with the evolutions. Personally I think it makes little sense. And I like the cloud idea, maybe a storm cloud or something...

i agree wholeheartedly! last generation i didn't follow anything after the announcement of the starters for a few months, thinking they'd release info right before the games were out. well, i was right, but i ended up waiting so long i forgot about the release date of the japanese games and missed everything. -___- 4th gen i also missed everything in its entirety. this year, however, i'm completely determined to follow the development of the new games and everything they reveal about them every step of the way, and that includes paying attention to pokemon smash broadcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.