• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I feel about silly asking but has anyone not thought of
Frogs legs? The French delicacies
Along with snails, France is famous for these foods
Maybe incorporated in froakie's evolution
Maybe he will be a great speedy jumper with long legs?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It can go either way. Right now, the only things we can infer are a pure Fire type, a totally-not-Ninetales Fire/Psychic type or a Fire/Ground type.

I can sort of understand why some people might assume that Fennekin's evolutions could be Fire/Psychic types, but where did the Fire/Ground type thing originate from? What are the factors that led to that hypothesis?

sea_man

youv'e gone crazy but i guess i have too because i agree with you

adamfitz

poké-lover
I can sort of understand why some people might assume that Fennekin's evolutions could be Fire/Psychic types, but where did the Fire/Ground type thing originate from? What are the factors that led to that hypothesis?

Fennekin is based from a fennec fox, it lives in desert rocky regions

DarkManager

Toxic Trainer

Or maybe He will lose his legs?

#Water/Flying Confirmed

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime

We've discussed this on the last page about how Fennekin could be related to an Egyptian mythological necromancer, Anubis. On that note, this could also support the fact that Fire/Dark is another possibility for Fennekin.

On top of that, Fennec foxes do originate in the Sahara, which we could all conclude that Fennekin's species of fox live in dry, arid habitats. So Fire/Ground is a viable possibility.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
So you're saying that it's fine if Fennekin remains mono-Fire but you want GF to be more creative with the next Fire-starter? Judging by the starter pattern, we had did have one Fire/Flying (Gen. I), three Fire/Fighting(Gen. III, IV, and V) and one mono-Fire(Gen. II). At this rate, GF may make just another mono-Fire (which I believe is unlikely, but still, it's possible) or any other variant combination of typings. I personally wouldn't mind if Fennekin were Fire/Dark, Fire/Psychic/, etc.
Well yeah I'm fine if Fennekin stays pure fire-type, but I would prefer it to have a dual-type something they haven't done yet. Reason why I say that is because we had three Fire/Fighting-types in row, in a ROW!!
Keeping the starter's pure just boring but not as annoying as having the same dual-type multiple times in a row. Sinnoh is still the only region that has had all three starters have dual-types. It's also nice to see what new dual-types especially for starters which is why I put up those predictions, and I hope GF does make all three starters have dual-types this time.

Yveltal96

A little more human
It can go either way. Right now, the only things we can infer are a pure Fire type, a totally-not-Ninetales Fire/Psychic type or a Fire/Ground type.

i would much rather have him be fire/psychic and to answer the guys question above me, in the trailer fennekin uses a psychic move that is why he is being speculated as part psychic
which IMO would be awesome
still not too crazy on a fire/ground starter well at least not fennekin
also never heard of a ground type learning psychic moves...

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
But unless Froakie was Water/Electric, that would give Froakie a huge advantage over Fennekin...Fire/Ground is 4x weak to Water, and I don't think they would really give such a huge advantage to him as the starters are usually supposed to be balanced in some way O-o

Yveltal96

A little more human
But unless Froakie was Water/Electric, that would give Froakie a huge advantage over Fennekin...Fire/Ground is 4x weak to Water, and I don't think they would really give such a huge advantage to him as the starters are usually supposed to be balanced in some way O-o

yeah also i do not see froakie being water/electric
that thing is not a cloud it is foam that frogs excrete when they lay eggs

adl222

Swampert has a x4 weakness to grass. it doesnt have to be balanced. but i also doubt it would be water/electric it makes no sense to me.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
That didn't stop them from making Swampert x4 weak to Grass since it's Water/Ground. Just because one starter get's that x4 weakness against another starter doesn't mean they won't do it. Adding on that second type there's always a chance of getting a x4 weakness towards another starter. If they try to make them balanced then they would most likely give that starter a move to counter that weakness as simple as that.

Yveltal96

A little more human
That didn't stop them from making Swampert x4 weak to Grass since it's Water/Ground. Just because one starter get's that x4 weakness against another starter doesn't mean they won't do it. Adding on that second type there's always a chance of getting a x4 weakness towards another starter. If they try to make them balanced then they would most likely give that starter a move to counter that weakness as simple as that.

yes but he had only one weakness

Bearcubxox

I've always said that Swampert is an underrated pokemon :-3 he's got the stats and resistances to handle a lot and can hit hard as! Get him some speed boost and he's an awesome pokemon ^^

Bueno~

Brazilian Trainer
What were they? I think I missed them.
Look for rumors here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...EMENT-Pokemon-XY-RUMORS-amp-FAKE-SCANS-Thread
Mr. XY's are Rumor Batch 4 and 5.

I've always said that Swampert is an underrated pokemon :-3 he's got the stats and resistances to handle a lot and can hit hard as! Get him some speed boost and he's an awesome pokemon ^^
He's badass, and was a very common OU in the 4th Gen. He doesn't need speed, he needs Recover!

Last edited:

adl222

Every generation something like this happens and in the end its total bull. Take it with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.