• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer

rocky505

Chespin's moves in the scan are Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip and Rollout.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Chespin: 0.4m, 9.0kg

Fennekin: 0.4m, 9.4kg

Froakie: 0.3m, 7.0kg

Discuss.

corocoro5134.jpg

what are the balls you see under chespins moves?

and don't see how their eight affects anything still probably gonna pick chespin

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
An indicator of a possible Rock-type maybe?

No. Lots of Pokemon learn Rollout without being Rock-type. Rollout is only about curling into a ball, not being a rock. Just as Aerial Ace implies sharp claws/spikes instead of being able to fly.

SilverQuil

FireMohawk of DOOM
Or that it is just a hedgehog and rolling up is a common thing with them.

That's probably it. Sandshrew learns Rollout, and it's not a Rock-type. Typhlosion learns Rollout, and it's not a Rock-type. In general, lost of Pokemon learn non-STAB moves, so just because Chespin looks like it can learn Rollout doesn't mean it's going to evolve into Grass/Rock, no matter how cool Cradily is.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
based on the little symbols i see under chespins moves ( the balls) one is red and one is green ( green being grass red proabably being fighting) so my idea is we're gonna get a little trio of grass fighting water phyisc fire dark that way they can all super effect each other

based on the little symbols i see under chespins moves ( the balls) one is red and one is green ( green being grass red proabably being fighting) so my idea is we're gonna get a little trio of grass fighting water phyisc fire dark that way they can all super effect each other

The balls are probably buttons to navigate through Chespin's information (moves, stats, ribbons). That appears to be a shot of the bottom screen, so they mostly likely are just stylus buttons.

MrDuck

Chespin is pure Grass type.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Chespin is pure Grass type.

we don't have any proof yet say that when we see its final evolution ( i was talking about in the end the starters always start with one type)

Status
Not open for further replies.