• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Same here..in my opinion i am looking forward to seeing the evoultions of the starters the most..i know this is very unlikely but what if they reveal the 2 form of the starters at E3..

They won't.
They'll focus more on gameplay, and more details on the games, that's about all.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
You may be wrong. E3 could give us a little spoiler by showing new battle mechanics or moves by having the evolved forms using them.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
You may be wrong. E3 could give us a little spoiler by showing new battle mechanics or moves by having the evolved forms using them.

I hope so because i really want to see the evolved forms..especially if they are Grass/Dark,Water/Fighting and Fire/Psychic.. but i got to admit..i want to see new Pokemon..

Pokefan1905

I hope so because i really want to see the evolved forms..especially if they are Grass/Dark,Water/Fighting and Fire/Psychic.. but i got to admit..i want to see new Pokemon..

I don't think we are getting the starter's evolutions so early. My guess is the new type if the rumors are true.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I hope so because i really want to see the evolved forms..especially if they are Grass/Dark,Water/Fighting and Fire/Psychic.. but i got
to admit..i want to see new Pokemon..

Well, maybe E3 would try to show the back of them to hint them rather than show the whole design of the starter evos. The middle stages may be a better way of showing the starters because there may be less differences between the middle stage and the base stage.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
I don't think we are getting the starter's evolutions so early. My guess is the new type if the rumors are true.

I am pretty sure that the New Type will be revealed at E3 but also we have got some different info..

BayBird

Hummingbird Advocate
I don't see why people think Fennekin will be Fire/Ground just because he is a Fennec Fox.
If that was the case why wasn't Vulpix and Eevee like that?

...Because Vulpix wasn't a fennec fox, and Eevee wasn't really either. Jolteon would have been a better example haha. And that's not even plausible because of the elemental triad of it, Flareon, and Vaporeon, and the whole Eeveelutions only get one type thing.

Yveltal96

A little more human
...Because Vulpix wasn't a fennec fox, and Eevee wasn't really either. Jolteon would have been a better example haha. And that's not even plausible because of the elemental triad of it, Flareon, and Vaporeon, and the whole Eeveelutions only get one type thing.

I was just making an example, and yes Vulpix is derived from the fennec fox concept

firestarter2398

My hopes are for E3 are the fairy type, starter evolutions and a new pokemon

A new type would be good just to shake things up, starter evolutions so I can make up damn mind about who I'm choosing and, as a side note, the starers for gen 5 were early but leaked servine and dewott came out by accident then pignite and the final forms were released the whole gen 5 dex a few days after the release in Japan but it bw never went to E3 so who knows what could happen. As for new pokemon I think that we should be granted a new pokemon every month until the release because now there would be like 4 or 5 new guys, and it would make up for no lucario/ zoroark for gen 6 and we didn't have an onslaught of pokemon in corocoro as we did gen 5 remeber there 7 pokemon in one issue, we had 4 this time, yeah it was darmanitan, roggenrola, emolga, audino?, sandile?, pidove and someone else but who knows just under a week to go and we get corocoro at the end of E3 so what ever's in the issue could be covered in E3

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I was just making an example, and yes Vulpix is derived from the fennec fox concept

first of all, vulpix isn't based off of fennec foxes. ninetales is based off Kyuubi or something like that which is a 9 failed fox. and if I'm correct, it's supposed to be a demon fox hence ninetail's ghostly/psychic abilities. and thus, vulpix is loosely based on the same thing sort of like naruto and how he gained more tails progressively. vulpix has 6, and ninetales has all 9.

Yveltal96

A little more human
first of all, vulpix isn't based off of fennec foxes. ninetales is based off Kyuubi or something like that which is a 9 failed fox. and if I'm correct, it's supposed to be a demon fox hence ninetail's ghostly/psychic abilities. and thus, vulpix is loosely based on the same thing sort of like naruto and how he gained more tails progressively. vulpix has 6, and ninetales has all 9.

Actually Vulpix's idea was also derived from a fennec fox. I don't see why that's so hard to believe.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Actually Vulpix's idea was also derived from a fennec fox. I don't see why that's so hard to believe.

I could see vulpix being sort of a mix of the Kyuubi and fennec fox actually but it's evolution makes me believe otherwise since it doesn't follow up with any fennec fox traits or qualities. that's why it's hard to believe but it doesn't mean it's not true. you could be right.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I could see vulpix being sort of a mix of the Kyuubi and fennec fox actually but it's evolution makes me believe otherwise since it doesn't follow up with any fennec fox traits or qualities. that's why it's hard to believe but it doesn't mean it's not true. you could be right.

Well of course the concept is going to change slightly upon evolution. When it comes to a fennec fox there isn't much you can do to stick to them as they're very simple creatures and very small pnes. But ninetales does share many traits of a fennec fox in the fairly large ears and the snout

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
My hopes are for E3 are the fairy type, starter evolutions and a new pokemon

A new type would be good just to shake things up, starter evolutions so I can make up damn mind about who I'm choosing and, as a side note, the starers for gen 5 were early but leaked servine and dewott came out by accident then pignite and the final forms were released the whole gen 5 dex a few days after the release in Japan but it bw never went to E3 so who knows what could happen. As for new pokemon I think that we should be granted a new pokemon every month until the release because now there would be like 4 or 5 new guys, and it would make up for no lucario/ zoroark for gen 6 and we didn't have an onslaught of pokemon in corocoro as we did gen 5 remeber there 7 pokemon in one issue, we had 4 this time, yeah it was darmanitan, roggenrola, emolga, audino?, sandile?, pidove and someone else but who knows just under a week to go and we get corocoro at the end of E3 so what ever's in the issue could be covered in E3

That's pretty much what i want expect i want some more Gameplay Details..

Spirit Kitsune

Well of course the concept is going to change slightly upon evolution. When it comes to a fennec fox there isn't much you can do to stick to them as they're very simple creatures and very small pnes. But ninetales does share many traits of a fennec fox in the fairly large ears and the snout

I have no idea where your getting that Vulpix and Ninetales is in part inspired by fennec foxes, when I look at them I see normal standard Kitsune. Vulpix and Ninetales are both based on Kitsune, Ninetales being a Kyubi No kitsune. In the stories about Kitsune as a fox ages it grows more tails. Like how Vulpix starts out with one tail then grows six. The strongest and longest lived Kitsune have Nine tails which is why Vulpix becomes Ninetales. I see nothing in them that makes me think of a Fennec Fox. Sorry had to say something about this.

Anyway I'm still hoping Fennekin becomes part ghost even though nothing is pointing towards that. Though I wouldn't be to terribly upset if it became a pure fire type. As long as it doesn't become a fire/fighting type. I miss using fire starters, last I had was torchic and that was a unhappy surprise to me when it evolved. I have a personal vendetta with all but one line of fighting types.(The line came in gen 5) Really though besides being part fighting the only other thing that could make me not use Fennekin if they give it the Emboar treatment. I'm sure there were people who liked it but I hates its design.

sunny phoenix

Anyway I'm still hoping Fennekin becomes part ghost even though nothing is pointing towards that. Though I wouldn't be to terribly upset if it became a pure fire type. As long as it doesn't become a fire/fighting type. I miss using fire starters, last I had was torchic and that was a unhappy surprise to me when it evolved. I have a personal vendetta with all but one line of fighting types.(The line came in gen 5) Really though besides being part fighting the only other thing that could make me not use Fennekin if they give it the Emboar treatment. I'm sure there were people who liked it but I hates its design.

i have similar feelings... my favorite type is fire and i always prefer to chose the fire starter... but ever since torchic i never picked a fire starter... actually i used to love fire types (with some exceptions ofc) but since gen 3 i found it hard to like one... they are so few in numbers and i didnt liked the designs... maybe torkoal and camerupt but still i wont place it in the same spot with the beautiful fire types we had gen 1 and 2 (ninetales, charizard, rapidash, arcanine, Houndoom)

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
As far as the fear of Fennekin becoming a fire/fighting type goes i'm not too worried. With Tepig being a pig, I at least kind of think of wrestling. ("wrasslin pigs") So I could see why they'd go with fighting there, but Fennekin? there's no direct association with some sort of fighting art I can think of that would resonate with foxes.

Froakin' Koga

So i'm not the only one getting that vibe

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
As far as the fear of Fennekin becoming a fire/fighting type goes i'm not too worried. With Tepig being a pig, I at least kind of think of wrestling. ("wrasslin pigs") So I could see why they'd go with fighting there, but Fennekin? there's no direct association with some sort of fighting art I can think of that would resonate with foxes.

I actually wouldn't mind fennekin's evos being fire/fighting so long as the stay quadrupeds. but only had the last 3 fire starters been of that type. at this point I'd rather have it be fire/psychic. fire/ghost would be pretty cool too but theres the chandelure line, and i like when starters have unique type combos like empoleon. and hopefully I'm not wrong about this but I can't think of any fire/psychic types off the top of my head.

Spirit Kitsune

I actually wouldn't mind fennekin's evos being fire/fighting so long as the stay quadrupeds. but only had the last 3 fire starters been of that type. at this point I'd rather have it be fire/psychic. fire/ghost would be pretty cool too but theres the chandelure line, and i like when starters have unique type combos like empoleon. and hopefully I'm not wrong about this but I can't think of any fire/psychic types off the top of my head.

Victini and Darmanitan are Fire/psychic. So yeah its not a new combo.

So i'm not the only one getting that vibe

Nope not at all theres at least on other person I know for sure whos hoping Fennekin will become part ghost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.