• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEliteEmpoleon

If an ingame character would say to me "do you want a starter from Sinnoh?"...I would say "Yes,*****,I would want one!" They are cool,especially Turtwig and Chimchar.

Those are the ones who aren't cool...

And on the topic of getting other starters, I would want them to wait until the post-game, if we even get them at all. And I would hope that whichever gen's starters are offered, they have they're DW abilities.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Those are the ones who aren't cool...

And on the topic of getting other starters, I would want them to wait until the post-game, if we even get them at all. And I would hope that whichever gen's starters are offered, they have they're DW abilities.

That would be great.

GOjohnnybravo

I´ve reshearch and find out here in serebii archived information, that when pokemon black and white was announced, they don't released any starter evolutions until the game came out in september 2010 in Japan, maybe we will only find out the starters evolutions when we play the game...

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
I´ve reshearch and find out here in serebii archived information, that when pokemon black and white was announced, they don't released any starter evolutions until the game came out in september 2010 in Japan, maybe we will only find out the starters evolutions when we play the game...

Obviously you didn't find the concept art for an early BW episode which showed Servine and Dewott.

GOjohnnybravo

Hm ok, I like to not read anything until the game comes out, so everything is a surprise, but since last time i choosed tepig looked cool, and then he evolves into that ugly *** boar, this time i wanted to see the starters evolutions first, but they keep releasing other information and i already know to much xD

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~

CrusherTheFeraligatr

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Jskid44

Froak you!!
I hope these get leaked too.

Yeah I hope so, because I really need to know if Froakie evolve's into a Water/Fighting or not.
Really hoping he doesn't though. Would love a Water/Poison type.

Jskid44

Froak you!!
they wouldnt with skrelp :/

I know, but I just don't want Froakie going Water/Fighting. Anything would be better then Water/Fighting, and it's not that I don't like the typing. It's the fact that all my favorite starters since 3rd gen have had Fighting as their second typing.

Underachiever007

Hm ok, I like to not read anything until the game comes out, so everything is a surprise, but since last time i choosed tepig looked cool, and then he evolves into that ugly *** boar, this time i wanted to see the starters evolutions first, but they keep releasing other information and i already know to much xD

It was the opposite or me. I thought Tepig was the blandest-looking starter that Gen, but when I learned that it evolves into a fire pig that is also a wrestler and that also looks like Ganon, I was sold. Or, at least, I was until I learned that one of the other starters evolves into something that looks like Ra's al Ghul had sex with a snake. You can't top that.

As for the new starter typings, I'm hoping at least one of 'em ends up with fighting as a secondary type. Not Fennekin, though.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

It was the opposite or me. I thought Tepig was the blandest-looking starter that Gen, but when I learned that it evolves into a fire pig that is also a wrestler and that also looks like Ganon, I was sold. Or, at least, I was until I learned that one of the other starters evolves into something that looks like Ra's al Ghul had sex with a snake. You can't top that.

As for the new starter typings, I'm hoping at least one of 'em ends up with fighting as a secondary type. Not Fennekin, though.

Chespin wouldn't be horrible. Prefer rock though.

Underachiever007

Chespin wouldn't be horrible. Prefer rock though.

Yeah, I can see where people are coming from not wanting a secondary fighting type. And, to be entirely fair, the only reason I want it is because of my slavish devotion to the types I love. I can't honestly say I'd need a fighting type starter when this region's got a BAMF like Pangoro in it.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Yeah, I can see where people are coming from not wanting a secondary fighting type. And, to be entirely fair, the only reason I want it is because of my slavish devotion to the types I love. I can't honestly say I'd need a fighting type starter when this region's got a BAMF like Pangoro in it.

Oh yes. I typically hate fighting, save him and machoke. I can't imagine these starters looking good as fighting, unless the don't look 'fighting'.

Life_The_Reaper

Purifying Harvester

I keep seeing people say this but, what I don't understand is how is the other gen starters being released earlier in the game a bad thing? If they're obtainable earlier then people who want to use them can and people who don't can just put it in the p.c. Either way it doesn't matter to me as I only use new pokes on my first runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.