• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto24

I keep seeing people say this but, what I don't understand is how is the other gen starters being released earlier in the game a bad thing? If they're obtainable earlier then people who want to use them can and people who don't can just put it in the p.c. Either way it doesn't matter to me as I only use new pokes on my first runs.

It's mainly coz some people (me included) just think its a bit unnecessary to get them early in game. It kinda takes the shine of the Kalos starters. I know you could just box them and what not but its just a bit of a weird move. Here have *kalos starter*, oh wow you two are the best of friends, you're inseparable!!!.....Have a *other starter*.

Life_The_Reaper

Purifying Harvester
It's mainly coz some people (me included) just think its a bit unnecessary to get them early in game. It kinda takes the shine of the Kalos starters. I know you could just box them and what not but its just a bit of a weird move. Here have *kalos starter*, oh wow you two are the best of friends, you're inseparable!!!.....Have a *other starter*.

Putting it that way I completely see you're point.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King

Yeah, why do that? And why the kanto ones? We haven't been given the sinnoh ones. If we get any (preferably post game) it should be then.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I do not want any previous gen starters. I'll transfer them from Gen 5 games because why not? Why do we always want previous gen starters to be given out in-game and not by PokéTransfer?
If another device is the problem, go out and find a friend who has another DS to transfer your Pokémon.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I do not want any previous gen starters. I'll transfer them from Gen 5 games because why not? Why do we always want previous gen starters to be given out in-game and not by PokéTransfer?
If another device is the problem, go out and find a friend who has another DS to transfer your Pokémon.

I dunno, they're always post game anyways. There we go, we don't need other starters.

Life_The_Reaper

Purifying Harvester

Not everyone has all the starters. I had every pokemon from Bulbasaur to Genesect my game stopped working so I lost all of them.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Not everyone has all the starters. I had every pokemon from Bulbasaur to Genesect my game stopped working so I lost all of them.

Jeez, what happened to your game?

There's always the gts, or people here are pretty nice about trades.

Life_The_Reaper

Purifying Harvester
Jeez, what happened to your game?

There's always the gts, or people here are pretty nice about trades.

It just wouldn't go past the white screen when turning it on. The gts (at least when I get on it) is filled with jerks wanting lv. 9 and under legendaries 95% of the time I barely get anything from there. As for serebii trades I don't trust most trades ever since this girl traded me a meloetta(Clone) for my dwf cranidos but, it wasn't the right nature and then she ignored my messages and went offline whenever I sent one. So I welcome other gen starters.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

It just wouldn't go past the white screen when turning it on. The gts (at least when I get on it) is filled with jerks wanting lv. 9 and under legendaries 95% of the time I barely get anything from there. As for serebii trades I don't trust most trades ever since this girl traded me a meloetta(Clone) for my dwf cranidos but, it wasn't the right nature and then she ignored my messages and went offline whenever I sent one. So I welcome other gen starters.

Huh. You don't have the 3rd-4th gen games?

And that chick's a jerk.

Life_The_Reaper

Purifying Harvester
Huh. You don't have the 3rd-4th gen games?

And that chick's a jerk.

No I had them but, after transfering my pokes I thought I wouldn't need them anymore (boy was I wrong). I might be buying D&P and HG&SS again though when I go to pick up X and Y (even though that money was suppose to go to me moving out of this stupid state). I found someone on here that just traded me a bulbasaur though :) so, maybe we don't need the starters after all. They'd be nice for assurance purposes though.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

No I had them but, after transfering my pokes I thought I wouldn't need them anymore (boy was I wrong). I might be buying D&P and HG&SS again though when I go to pick up X and Y (even though that money was suppose to go to me moving out of this stupid state). I found someone on here that just traded me a bulbasaur though :) so, maybe we don't need the starters after all. They'd be nice for assurance purposes though.

I suppose, still post game if it all.

R000

I really hope the rumors about the starter's final evo. secondary types are true. I would freaking LOVE starters with a second Rock–Paper–Scissors aspect, giving them more balance.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I really hope the rumors about the starter's final evo. secondary types are true. I would freaking LOVE starters with a second Rock–Paper–Scissors aspect, giving them more balance.

Ugh, but grass/dark aren't the best defensively, and apparently have horrible movesets.

Ditto24

Ugh, but grass/dark aren't the best defensively, and apparently have horrible movesets.

They did in the past I'll agree. Shiftry in Gen 3 has an awful moveset. But I think theres enough diverse moves now to give them a decent enough movepool. Also I know Grass/Dark is dire defensively but it also has quite a few resistances and an immunity, also 4 of Chespins weaknesses can be covered with just a Rock move, so don't write him off just yet :)

DevilFruit

Good Kitty
They did in the past I'll agree. Shiftry in Gen 3 has an awful moveset. But I think theres enough diverse moves now to give them a decent enough movepool. Also I know Grass/Dark is dire defensively but it also has quite a few resistances and an immunity, also 4 of Chespins weaknesses can be covered with just a Rock move, so don't write him off just yet :)

Yeah, but Grass/Rock would be a better typing. Having the stab Rock Slide instead of a Rock Slide for coverage does more in the long run.
If Chespin is Grass/Dark, it'll be murdered by probably even Galvantula.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

We'll see. At least let's hope he gets a cool design.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I find few Grass combos are good defensively. Cacturne's movepool isn't that bad. Keep in mind that Grass has mainly support moves, and Dark has mainly tricky moves like Assurance and Punishment, so the movesets may not initially appear to be as good as a more straightforward, offensive type's such as Dragon.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I find few Grass combos are good defensively. Cacturne's movepool isn't that bad. Keep in mind that Grass has mainly support moves, and Dark has mainly tricky moves like Assurance and Punishment, so the movesets may not initially appear to be as good as a more straightforward, offensive type's such as Dragon.

I just hope we don't get another meganium.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I'm predicting something more like a tank. So, another Swampert or Torterra. We know Chespin gets Wood Hammer so that's a step in the right direction in my opinion.

At least he gets a good move.

Status
Not open for further replies.