• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I agree..in my opinion it would be very stupid to give one of the starters the Fairy Type..

Why?

I'm so conflicted between Fennekin being Fire/Psychic, Fire/Ghost, Fire/Fairy or Fire/Ground. Darn you Fennekin! Y U SO MUCH POTENTIAL!

Woop! Over 1,000 FenneBros! In your face Chespin and Froakie!

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
TBH I was hoping that Fennekin would be a fairy type as well xD But I doubt they would give a starter a special new type ;___; Unless they did it in the past games, but I haven't played the old games in so long I don't really remember.

Not when they came out-johto was plain. And so far empoleon is the only one to get the 'new' type.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Why?

I'm so conflicted between Fennekin being Fire/Psychic, Fire/Ghost, Fire/Fairy or Fire/Ground. Darn you Fennekin! Y U SO MUCH POTENTIAL!

Woop! Over 1,000 FenneBros! In your face Chespin and Froakie!

Fennekin is the king of awesomeness..i really hope he is going to be Fire/Psychic..

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Fennekin is the king of awesomeness..i really hope he is going to be Fire/Psychic..

The most likely at this point.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank

Doesn't answer my question. Why would it be stupid if Fennekin is Fire/Fairy? I respect your opinion, and I also expect Fire/Psychic, but why is it stupid? I mean Umbreon and Xerneas got new types when its counterparts didn't, so if it's that then it isn't stupid. Just a choice.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Doesn't answer my question. Why would it be stupid if Fennekin is Fire/Fairy? I respect your opinion, and I also expect Fire/Psychic, but why is it stupid? I mean Umbreon and Xerneas got new types when its counterparts didn't, so if it's that then it isn't stupid. Just a choice.

Hmm..okay i wouldn't mind Fairy/Fairy but i would prefer Fire/Ghost, Fire/Psychic or even Fire/Fighting..

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Hmm..okay i wouldn't mind Fairy/Fairy but i would prefer Fire/Ghost, Fire/Psychic or even Fire/Fighting..

Why? Is it because Fairies are 'girly'?

But seriously, if it wasn't for Fire/Psychic and all the evidence, I would be screaming Fire/Fairy. I mean Foxes are often seen in folklore and are seen as magical creatures.

I'm just hoping Psychic-Type will provide Fennekin with a good movepool.

Neriifur

But seriously, if it wasn't for Fire/Psychic and all the evidence, I would be screaming Fire/Fairy. I mean Foxes are often seen in folklore and are seen as magical creatures.

Yeah me too. I really honestly wanna keep Fennekin on my team forever.. so I really hope it does .-. If it does turn out to be a fire/fairy on the last stage it'll be pretty friggen awesome against dragons.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Barring xerneas, they kinda are.

That being said, I don't think they'll give him fairy. Seems to powerful of a type to give a starter.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Barring xerneas, they kinda are.

That being said, I don't think they'll give him fairy. Seems to powerful of a type to give a starter.

Steel-Type gave Empoleon a sh*t ton of resistances.

And we haven't seen everything about Fairy-Type. Those rumors are rumors until they are confirmed by Pokemon itself, CoroCoro, Pokemon Smash and other stuff like that. And we've only seen a few Fairy-Types, anyway, We can't form judgement on a type we barely know anything about.

Lol, why am I being so protective? I'm on the Fennekin Fire/Psychic train anyway :p

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Steel-Type gave Empoleon a sh*t ton of resistances.

And we haven't seen everything about Fairy-Type. Those rumors are rumors until they are confirmed by Pokemon itself, CoroCoro, Pokemon Smash and other stuff like that. And we've only seen a few Fairy-Types, anyway, We can't form judgement on a type we barely know anything about.

Lol, why am I being so protective? I'm on the Fennekin Fire/Psychic train anyway :p

True, but giving them a dragon killing starter?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

It would be like if Game Freak gave one of the starters access to Ice Beam every generation and not the others.

They don't learn it naturally.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Not seeing how that changes the point.

And serperior learns dragon tail.

And ice beam's pretty late ingame, and usually out of the way. In bw, you couldn't even get it until post game.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

Ditto24

The only reason why GF might not give Fairy to one of these guys this gen is coz it might be seen as extra promotion for a particular starter which might be seen as unfair to some people.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

which comes after fighting the vast majority of the dragons

in the same way that many starters don't have their secondary typings until their final evolutions

I think people would be evolved before the 5th gym, which is the earliest you could get ice beam.

^That too. Fire's typically a fan/the creator's favorite anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.