• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Then why do you care whether or not you're crushing things easily or really easily?

I just think giving fennekin fairy would make a tige op, and/or completely take the spotlight from the other starters. A fire fairy fox? The other two wouldn't stand a chance.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I think that Froakie is going to learn Ice Beam..it just seems so much sense..

Seismatoad, an amphibian like Froakie doesn't learn it. Just because a vast majority of Water types learn Ice Beam doesn't guarantee future Water type Pokémon to get access to the move.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I just think giving fennekin fairy would make a tige op, and/or completely take the spotlight from the other starters. A fire fairy fox? The other two wouldn't stand a chance.

unless the evolutions of the Pokemon that aren't Fire/Fairy are also badass with good stat distribution and movepools

CrusherTheFeraligatr

unless the evolutions of the Pokemon that aren't Fire/Fairy are also badass with good stat distribution and movepools

With some fans yes. But we all know that fennekin's going to be this gen's charizard if that happens. Foxes are greatly loved, fire pokemon tend to be rather popular, and gf's been marketing fairy to heck and back.

Ditto24

I think both reasons count, some people will jump at the fact that one starter is epic in terms of stats/movepools, some people will immediately jump at the fact Fennekin will become part Fairy.

I personally don't think they'd do it coz it this gen coz some people may see it as unfair promotion.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I think both reasons count, some people will jump at the fact that one starter is epic in terms of stats/movepools, some people will immediately jump at the fact Fennekin will become part Fairy.

I personally don't think they'd do it coz it this gen coz some people may see it as unfair promotion.

That's my main objection.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

This Gen? No, but next Gen is a definite possibility, and the fact that Fairy is good against Dragon shouldn't exclude it from being used as a possible starter type.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

This Gen? No, but next Gen is a definite possibility, and the fact that Fairy is good against Dragon shouldn't exclude it from being used as a possible starter type.

Just wait until later, and I'll be fine.

Ditto24

Yeah, just this gen, next gen everyone will be over the Fairy type and it will become just another type like all of them. Same goes for the fact that Fairy are good against Dragon. Who cares? Whatever type a starter will gain is gonna give it advantages and if Gen 7 happens then Dragons will be a bit less formidable and maybe one day we'll see a part Dragon starter.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Yeah, just this gen, next gen everyone will be over the Fairy type and it will become just another type like all of them. Same goes for the fact that Fairy are good against Dragon. Who cares? Whatever type a starter will gain is gonna give it advantages and if Gen 7 happens then Dragons will be a bit less formidable and maybe one day we'll see a part Dragon starter.

I agree. just let it blow over first.

And I would love to hear a genwunner's howling if we get a dragon starter.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

CrusherTheFeraligatr

CrusherTheFeraligatr

that doesn't fit with Pokebeach

triple typings confirmed

Triple Types? Isn't Two enough? However, it would be cool to see a Pokémon with three types. Doubt it but....

Status
Not open for further replies.