• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

It would be funny if giving fennekin a fighting move is one big joke by GF to light the fuse on people.

0danmaster0

fennekin could have been using assist off screen lol.

Lilligantastic

People are overreacting. One move containing the word 'punch' does not automatically equal a bipedal fire/fighting evolution. Personally I think Glow Punch sounds just as much like a fairy type move as it does psychic, but either way, GF probably just wanted to show off a new move. I would much prefer fire/psychic to fire/fighting just for a bit of variation in the starters, and it fits more with my idealistic mystical image of Fennekin's evolution.

Lilligantastic

People are overreacting. One move containing the word 'punch' does not automatically equal a bipedal fire/fighting evolution. Personally I think Glow Punch sounds just as much like a fairy type move as it does psychic, but either way, GF probably just wanted to show off a new move. I would much prefer fire/psychic to fire/fighting just for a bit of variation in the starters, and it fits more with my idealistic mystical image of Fennekin's evolution.

AcethePuma

FireFist
Nice trailer and i really start to love all of the starters the more i see them... But did i miss something? Why this fire/fighting discussion? Is firepunch a fighting move? No....so for my part i guess its just the specialattack version of firepunch and when i saw the trailer i just thought nice a mental punch...but yeah its just my opinion

fitzy909

Just another guy
Nice trailer and i really start to love all of the starters the more i see them... But did i miss something? Why this fire/fighting discussion? Is firepunch a fighting move? No....so for my part i guess its just the specialattack version of firepunch and when i saw the trailer i just thought nice a mental punch...but yeah its just my opinion

a mental punch would be pretty cool and that would probably be psychic type then

AcethePuma

FireFist
a mental punch would be pretty cool and that would probably be psychic type then

Well as i said....just because it is called a punch it doesnt have to be a fighting or psychic attack.... The elemental punches are physical and maybe we'll get a special versions of thoose punches and they will be just fire/water/electric with added affects of stunning or something like that

confuser987

Well as i said....just because it is called a punch it doesnt have to be a fighting or psychic attack.... The elemental punches are physical and maybe we'll get a special versions of thoose punches and they will be just fire/water/electric with added affects of stunning or something like that

Instead of stunning, I would definitely love those elemental special punches to be priority attacks.

GerudoPrince

Desert Glider
I really don't think Glow Punch is going to be a fighting type move. The animation looks like fire, but we already have fire punch. The word glow could be associated with fire, but possibly also fairy type.

It doesn't scream psychic to me much.

Also note that this is the Japanese name. And when it's translated, it may not be "glow". It could be "Pixie Punch", or "Flash Punch" etc.

confuser987

I really don't think Glow Punch is going to be a fighting type move. The animation looks like fire, but we already have fire punch. The word glow could be associated with fire, but possibly also fairy type.

It doesn't scream psychic to me much.

Also note that this is the Japanese name. And when it's translated, it may not be "glow". It could be "Pixie Punch", or "Flash Punch" etc.

It can be like glow tail, which is a bug type move. I feel that Team Flare should have Pokemon that uses Glow punch.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
It would be funny if giving fennekin a fighting move is one big joke by GF to light the fuse on people.

If they did you have to give GF credit, they know exactly what will rile up their base and they played right into it. It sure as hell got everyone talking.

Ditto24

I get why people are panicking as jokes aside people would rather not have a 4th Fire/Fighting starter in a row. But it's one move, remember how a month ago we found out Fenny got Psychic and that was enough to convince the majority that it will defo be Fire/Psychic and now a punch moves comes up that were not 100% sure on what type it is and now some are completely dismissing Fire/Psychic??? I don't get how some can do that.

The main thing that I'm worried about is that this means Fenny might not stay on all fours which kinda bugs me alot, is there some rule that says Fire starters can't stay as quadrupeds?? :(

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If this new Glow Punch doesn't end up being a mental attack, maybe Fennekin could evolve into a semi-quadrupe- or a pokemon that can stand up on two legs but is usually seen walking on all fours- like Quilava or Swampert

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Like I said a month ago, we don't know how much Psychic type moves are popular in the new Fairy type. We can't predict Fennekin's typing already just by seeing it using Psychic. Like how Ghost type moves are quite popular in Dark, Normal or Psychic type Pokémon.

I personally think Glow Punch is going to by a move like Psyshock : it uses the Special Attack of the user to hit the opponent based on its Defense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.