• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ECM

This. I've seen people say they do not want some new type combos just because of a 4x weakness. Its sad actually

It is sad. My hope is that, eventually, every type combination is represented in the games. But anyway, I'm going to pick Chespin, regardless of type or weaknesses upon evolution. I would rather it be Grass/Steel over Grass/Dark, but I'm sure I'll love it regardless.

Iron_Evan

Inexperienced Poster
It is sad. My hope is that, eventually, every type combination is represented in the games. But anyway, I'm going to pick Chespin, regardless of type or weaknesses upon evolution. I would rather it be Grass/Steel over Grass/Dark, but I'm sure I'll love it regardless.

I'm doing the same with Froakie, I don't care what he is, as long as he isn't pure Water.

BurningWhiteKyurem

The point is that it sticks with the idea that the main rival picks the starter that has the clear advantage over yours.

And we haven't gotten that point (beat onto our heads) in the past five generations? (Especially first gen). I'd rather a change instead of the same old "lol I has moar advantage than u" from the rival.

I think Ninetales should get the Fairy type. That way, it could cover her lack of secondary type, especially the lack of Psychic type that most people wanted Ninetales to have. It matches well; it also states that Ninetales is said to have mystical powers, and Fairy type represents well mystical powers.

Playing the devil's advocate, Fairy isn't solely the type to represent mystical powers. Psychic also seems to fit the billing perfectly.

baconrules

Ostrich master
What wad that video of froakie using a bomb or shuriken thing . I thought people said there was and I never saw it

baconrules

Ostrich master
Oh ok. That was cool thank u burningwhitekyurem and sageoftruth

SageofTruth

Greninja Assassin
I assumed it was a new variation of bubble as the white stuff is Foam is it not?

If it is a variation of bubble, he better do that in game. Gallade, the musketeers, samurott line, Farfetch'd, Bisharp , Kricetune etc all better have unique slashing animations as well. I dream of Sceptile with glowing arm leaves doing leaf blade but too bad there is a generic sword animation.

Ditto24

And we haven't gotten that point (beat onto our heads) in the past five generations? (Especially first gen). I'd rather a change instead of the same old "lol I has moar advantage than u" from the rival.

Well obviously not considering GF are still sticking with the Grass>Fire>Water triangle but that shouldn't matter anyway it's not like you only pick the starter than you think can atleast stand a chance against the other one, peoples starters battle other Pokemon too.

pokemonranger7098

Eevee Master
Haven't really checked this thread before, so it's nice to see that people aren't flipping out about the whole Fennekin/Glow Punch thing. Not like it means anything, though. There's Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and ThunderPunch, so it shouldn't be so surprising to see a new one. None of those were even fighting type, anyways. For all we know it could be a grass, bug, fairy or psychic type move. Since Fennekin knows it though, I think it's probably fairy or psychic, since those are likely options for Fennekin's secondary typing. Plus, if Fennekin does end up being a Fire/Fighting everyone will blow up with anger and do something crazy, maybe petition (spell check) for a type change.

Haven't really checked this thread before, so it's nice to see that people aren't flipping out about the whole Fennekin/Glow Punch thing. Not like it means anything, though. There's Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and ThunderPunch, so it shouldn't be so surprising to see a new one. None of those were even fighting type, anyways. For all we know it could be a grass, bug, fairy or psychic type move. Since Fennekin knows it though, I think it's probably fairy or psychic, since those are likely options for Fennekin's secondary typing. Plus, if Fennekin does end up being a Fire/Fighting everyone will blow up with anger and do something crazy, maybe petition (spell check) for a type change.

Actually, people were flipping out. xD But, it's died down. :3

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I assumed it was a new variation of bubble as the white stuff is Foam is it not?

I don't think they'd go through the trouble of giving Froakie a unique animation like that. The anime cuts corners like it's nothing, reusing animation being one of the bigger flaws so I'd expect Bubble to probably use the traditional animation before it got a unique one for one character, which may not even be on Ash's team at that.

Due to the way it's thrown, I'd definitely say it's a projectile of sorts, Shuriken being the best guess but of course it can be something else.

If GF really would go from introducing a new type and a starter who looks like a mystic fire fox, and just make it ANOTHER Fire/Fighting, I will personally find whoever's idea it was and write a strongly worded letter. As in, a sticky note that reads, "you suck," placed on their lunch plate.

Regality

Digital King
Maybe it's like how monkeys throw their poo?

It's late and I am tired okay.

DSDark

Breeder
So have we figured out the exact base sets for the starters or just an estimate?

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
So have we figured out the exact base sets for the starters or just an estimate?
We have figured out what their base HP are going to be (give or take a little), we know that they order from fastest to slowest in likely Froakie, Fennekin, and Chespin, and Chespin supposedly has high Defence, but other than that it is speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.