• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Ah my bad sorry and on what abilties I assume they will have the signiture Torrent Blaze and Overgrow

Of course they will. I doubt they would change anything now. We haven't had a change in starter types so I doubt they would change the abilities.

Bariokie

rock dog
Maybe this is hoping for a bit much, but I'm going for Drizzle, Drought and Sand Stream.

Yeah everytime you battle you have the animation of rain and a sand storm...

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Maybe this is hoping for a bit much, but I'm going for Drizzle, Drought and Sand Stream.

Those could be the 6th Generation version of Hidden Abilities but there main abilities will be like always: Torrent, Blaze, and Overgrow. Of course Game freak could surprise as by switching things up but I doubt it on this one.

Jskid44

Froak you!!
I hope Chespin gets Sand Rush as its hidden ability and Sandstorm for an attack ..that would help it a lot

The only way I could see Chespin getting that ability is if he evolves into Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground, and they have said nothing about what they evolve into as of yet.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
The only way I could see Chespin getting that ability is if he evolves into Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground, and they have said nothing about what they evolve into as of yet.

I'm coming round to Chespin being Grass/Rock. I think they could learn their respective weather conditions by levelling up for a change, and their strategies based around that.

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader
I think froakie, Chespin and fennekin will all get MEGAS

I'm a little torn on this. It would definitely make sense if they did. But I don't know if they're going to go back and give all the starters Megas, or just some. Since the Kalos starters are new, I could also see them waiting a gen or so to give them Megas. Maybe that's why we're also getting the Kanto starters. But they probably will, I'm just speculating.

john90

I'm coming round to Chespin being Grass/Rock. I think they could learn their respective weather conditions by levelling up for a change, and their strategies based around that.
I know we all would love our starter to become what we want to and speculation is fine also until the day before the games are out, but guys everything the leaks of WPM said were true, let's start to consider Dark/Psychic/Fighting our most reliable starters types. It's simply an advise, just to avoid the huge disappointment from gen 5.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Did anyone see the fake CC scans in the Rumors thread that showed Heracross and Gengar Megas?
Jesus, the starter evos on there were the ugliest things I have ever seen.

williamdrake

can't wait to see the starters evo, I hope chespin become grass/rock (final evolution) and not the grass/dark. Fennekin and Froakie maybe will be fire/psyquic and water/fighting in the second evo, and chespin grass/rock (final), or grass/dark (second and final evo).

Shraeder

It's Lit
Based on the rumors I think the starters mega/hidden abilities will be:

Chespin: Iron Barbs/Rough Skin
Fennekin: Magic Bounce, or Serene Grace
Froakie: Drizzle, or Adaptability

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
It would be nice and I'd be surprised to see them not having the Starter abilities.

I'd be happy if they had good and easily accessible dream world abilities. I know someone that has been hunting for a dream world Torchic for what seems to be an eternity. I've been wanting female DW Snivy for the longest time and it doesn't look like it'll ever be released.

hawkmbl

Curious
I'm going with Fennekin. Simply because it looks so cute, and the fact it knows psychic moves is making me wonder what it's evolutions will be.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
What do you think about glowing or glow punch? (no, i don't mean final evolution being fire/fighting) Mistranslation like sucker punch? would it be like poison jab, in terms of non bypedal pokemon can use it although it says it's a jab? And why glow? Does it lower accuracy, is it like shock wave or faint attack, always hits? Maybe it's a priority move? And what type is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.