• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

storm12

Weather Bearer
The German name for Frogadier (Amphizel) probably does come from Amphibian (or Amphibien), but also the word Spitzel, which means snitch or spy in English. So that would go on well with a thief-style thing.

Munchy, I love you :D x

WNDR

Froakie's foam can cover it's face as seen in the anime previews and this for Frogadier

[img139]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/9/91/Frogadier.png/600px-Frogadier.png[/img139]

Oh when blows up his bubbes, don't know if I'd consider it a mask, more frothy bubbles.
And which bit with frogadier? Sorry I may be missing something completely obvious.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
It's a Frog and I assume the combination is Rookie (in English anyway). But Frogadier is sorta odd...trip us up maybe?

I'm assuming the consistency is rank, its Japanese name refers to either a leader of a organization (in general) or the second-in-command to a Yakuza Leader. Similarly, the French name uses Corporal and the English names seem to refer to Rookie>Brigadier.

Vyper1000

I'm glad Froakie is getting all of this love. He was my main mon from the start!Frogadier is amazing, he is different but not TOO different, reminds me of gen1+2 starters. My only worry at this point is his moveset. Comparing his to Chespin and Fennekin and I am a tad worried he may get the short end of the stick here.

storm12

Weather Bearer
I'm glad Froakie is getting all of this love. He was my main mon from the start!Frogadier is amazing, he is different but not TOO different, reminds me of gen1+2 starters. My only worry at this point is his moveset. Comparing his to Chespin and Fennekin and I am a tad worried he may get the short end of the stick here.

TBH, I think Froakie looks to be potentially gifted with a good moveset consisting of Water, Dark, Fighting, Normal and the requisite Ice moves- but it also looks to have some Flying moves in the mix too- so Froakie has potential :)

Water/Dark !!!!

john90

Oh when blows up his bubbes, don't know if I'd consider it a mask, more frothy bubbles.
And which bit with frogadier? Sorry I may be missing something completely obvious.
Imo it can be considered a mask for sure:
cbzFXZJ.png

storm12

Weather Bearer
I'm assuming the consistency is rank, its Japanese name refers to either a leader of a organization (in general) or the second-in-command to a Yakuza Leader. Similarly, the French name uses Corporal and the English names seem to refer to Rookie>Brigadier.

But with Munchy's delicious little German etymology, Amphizel instead has 'spy' which isn't quite a rank so much as still having loose military links.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
cbzFXZJ.png

Oh I hope that Bubble Shuriken thing is a actually attack and not them just goofing us. That would be a awesome attack

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
But with Munchy's delicious little German etymology, Amphizel instead has 'spy' which isn't quite a rank so much as still having loose military links.

Interesting, though that means that they may rather be emphasizing its ties to the military rather then rank, so we're still in the same position as before with not knowing what direction that frog is going. :p

storm12

Weather Bearer
Interesting, though that means that they may rather be emphasizing its ties to the military rather then rank, so we're still in the same position as before with not knowing what direction that frog is going. :p

yeah true :p haha that is what is confudling me major league!!!!!! Fighting or Dark? If it is Fighting.... man, I don't know :L Froakie looks all sneaky! Third evo: Pilfrog!

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
cbzFXZJ.png

This so much. Froakie moves and acts like a true insipred Ninja.

Water/Fighting for me.. I would want Froakie as Water/Fighting if its Physical oriented. I want those strong fighting STABs..

storm12

Weather Bearer
Oh I hope that Bubble Shuriken thing is a actually attack and not them just goofing us. That would be a awesome attack

Hopefully :) a multi-hit Physical Water move with a chance to flinch!

it annoyed me mightily that last Gen, Tepig's line got a full signature move but the other two didn't :( even though Oshawott had razor shell or whatever, other pokemon had that too :L I suppose Snivy's was supposed to be Leaf Tornado, but again, not exclusive :L

Plus how crazy is it that Samurott's special attack is higher than it's attack??

WNDR

This so much. Froakie moves and acts like a true insipred Ninja.

Water/Fighting for me.. I would want Froakie as Water/Fighting if its Physical oriented. I want those strong fighting STABs..

Defiantly getting the ninja vibe.

cbzFXZJ.png

I had it in my head that it only puffed up its bubbles for a second but after just rewatching I see it now!

LLtacx

Vyper1000

TBH, I think Froakie looks to be potentially gifted with a good moveset consisting of Water, Dark, Fighting, Normal and the requisite Ice moves- but it also looks to have some Flying moves in the mix too- so Froakie has potential :)

Water/Dark !!!!

I hope you're right! I need to see less round and lick and more scald, hi jump kicks! GIMME SOME POWER!!!!!!!

john90

Well the graphic designer said Froakie evolution is "Spectacular" and his favorite pokemon (and he designs some pokemon) so if it's not that probably would be something as cool as this one..

Vixen1988

Fennekin all the way
Don't forget just because the graphic designer said froakies final evolution is spectacular, it doesn't mean it is. What I think is a fantastic pokemon design may not be the next persons idea of fantastic. We all have our own idea of what cool/amazing/spectacular etc looks like. He thinks is great clearly, as he said. But it doesn't mean it will be for some of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.