• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

john90

Don't forget just because the graphic designer said froakies final evolution is spectacular, it doesn't mean it is. What I think is a fantastic pokemon design may not be the next persons idea of fantastic. We all have our own idea of what cool/amazing/spectacular etc looks like. He thinks is great clearly, as he said. But it doesn't mean it will be for some of us.

Yeah, but you know at least I'm sure it won't be something like Quilladin, cause it's really hard to definy it as "Spectacular" also for its creator (which probably committed suicide by this time). XD

regidude

Frontier Conqueror
I hope you're right! I need to see less round and lick and more scald, hi jump kicks! GIMME SOME POWER!!!!!!!

Ok that Froakie final evolution looks amazing. Loving the resemblance to Sceptile. I think froakie is for the more advanced players because its level up movepool is shallow compared to chespin and fennekin similar to treecko in RSE. I do feel however that it is capable of learning a lot of TMs/Move Tutor moves.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
There are talk about that Froakie Evo, Gallantoad, being the Pokémon to be revealed tomorrow (thus the suddenly leaked art). ^^ I hope that's true.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Yeah, but you know at least I'm sure it won't be something like Quilladin, cause it's really hard to definy it as "Spectacular" also for its creator (which probably committed suicide by this time). XD
If Ken Sugimori killed himself from creating Quilladin, then I would hope he finished designing all the other Kalos Pokemon first

regidude

Frontier Conqueror
There are talk about that Froakie Evo, Gallantoad, being the Pokémon to be revealed tomorrow (thus the suddenly leaked art). ^^ I hope that's true.

As much as I would love that Froakie final evo confirmed, it makes no sense to reveal only one starter final evo without showing the others.

NightFire7

I'm probably just going to go with the grass starter when I get the game since its the one that people seem to make the most fun of. Can't wait to see the final evos

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Yeah, indeed. I Think they might show them off, one at a time, until the release. ^^

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Whatever it takes to make that Froakie evo even somewhat credible.....

lol, true. ^^ Well, they said 'evolved Pokémon', so I feel it might just be the starters, since they are the main ones. But we'll see.

That image is such a mystery! But I do like the idea of them revealing the final stages of the starters once a week before release. Tomorrow come sooner please!

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I'm really excited now! I loved all three, but being the weirdo I am, Froggydier disappointed me! But the final evo.... UGH! HURRY UP GF I WANNA NOW IF I'M USING CHES OR FROAK FOR Y!!!

SilverHybrid

Fabulous ;)
I must admit, that Froakie final evolution picture looks pretty awesome, at least in my opinion anyways aha.

With all this talk about the starter evolutions being released once per week, it would make a lot of sense - guess we'll just have to wait and see though :3

mtqc

MY BEANS!
I wish that thing was real... calling fake because if I delude myself into thinking it's real I'll be disappointed when Froakie's final evo turns out to be a giant fat frog like Seismitoad OTL

It really doesn't strike me as water/fighting though... all of his evos have a dark look to 'em. I'm surprised.

john90

If Ken Sugimori killed himself from creating Quilladin, then I would hope he finished designing all the other Kalos Pokemon first

Sugimori did not create all the pokemon, he did the designs style of all pokemon, which is different. He decided to make Quilladin look so happy in its jumping delire (??? -.-)

NightFire7

I'll be happy to see what quilladin's final evo looks like. I already like it, but If its final evo ends up being really awesome than I'll laugh at all the people on here that made fun of the middle evo.

Status
Not open for further replies.