• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
I'll be happy to see what quilladin's final evo looks like. I already like it, but If its final evo ends up being really awesome than I'll laugh at all the people on here that made fun of the middle evo.

I definitely think it'll be an awesome tankish looking thing. Middle stages are always awkward and the ones that look really good usually don't look as good in the final stage.

john90

About Froakie evolution being tomorrow reveal. Looking at the picture it looks really well done, not simply in design but also in quality of drawing, not like a leaked photo with uncomplete design like for past gen, it seems someone actually found the artwork. This would suggest that the evolution is going to be revealed soon. But, they usually reveal them all together and also if they are going to reveal one of the starters each week until the 9th why don't they start with Chespin? I mean usually the grass starter is always the first..

NightFire7

We'll see, for all we know a completely different pokemon may end up getting leaked tomorrow. I won't believe anything until it gets confirmed.

Bariokie

rock dog
About Froakie evolution being tomorrow reveal. Looking at the picture it looks really well done, not simply in design but also in quality of drawing, not like a leaked photo with uncomplete design like for past gen, it seems someone actually found the artwork. This would suggest that the evolution is going to be revealed soon. But, they usually reveal them all together and also if they are going to reveal one of the starters each week until the 9th why don't they start with Chespin? I mean usually the grass starter is always the first..

Well 2nd gen it was Feraligatr and 3rd gen blaziken.
4 gen no reveal and 5th gen together

Can't wait to wake up and see the new revealed evolution ^^
Now going to bed see you all tomorrow :p

regidude

Frontier Conqueror

I also believe it will be revealed tomorrow. The picture quality is too good. You would also expect nintendo to take the image down just like the leaker, but it wasn't. That's why I feel it will be revealed tommorrow. Either way, this froakie fan couldn't have asked for a froakie evo that could look any better than that....xD

adamfitz

poké-lover
Although the froakie evolution looks so great

Look at the shading
It isn't as bold as the others
Also look at the white speckles on the knee
These are things that could mean its fan made
Its very nice, but gotta look without my froakie loving goggles

IMG_20130924_201745.jpg

Last edited:

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
If the tomorrow's reveal of the "never before seen evolved Pokemon" turns out to be that leaked image of Froakie's final evolution then its quite disappointing as we've already saw it.. But the confirmation of its legitimacy is another story as I would be very happy with its design..

Hopefully the Pokemon FB revelation is a whole different one.. Its too much of a coinkydink.. If its really Froakie's final evo..

mtqc

MY BEANS!

Look at the shading

IMG_20130924_201745.jpg

Yeah, have to agree with this one. The way it's colored seems too radically different from what the usual style is that it doesn't really make sense. :( I hope it'll be cool like that, though.

regidude

Frontier Conqueror

That's too hard to do xD. I remember how back when Froakie was first revealed, everyone thought froakie will turn out fat. When I first saw it, I knew that this was the first gen where we will finally get a speedy water starter. I knew it was going to be slim, but practically every fan art portrayed it as fat and with a moustache. And froakie had this similarity to treecko that I just loved. But I do agree about the white speck on it's knee....

john90

Yeah, have to agree with this one. The way it's colored seems too radically different from what the usual style is that it doesn't really make sense. :( I hope it'll be cool like that, though.

Actually It can be not like this. Frogadier shadow is linear because its foam is a perfect ball in that point, Frommander (gallantoad) has a much more large foam so this could be the reason of the non linear shadow..

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Actually It can be not like this. Frogadier shadow is linear because its foam is a perfect ball in that point, Frommander (gallantoad) has a much more large foam so this could be the reason of the non linear shadow..

The highlights are really inconsistent with GF's usual style though :\ usually they don't do white dots like that.

I'm not saying it's fake, I'm just trying to be realistic. I'd adore this if it was legit but I think we're all getting our hopes up. I just still hope it won't be fat moustache frog

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
While I like frogidier's evo and am ok with the fighting/water typing, I hope that Gallantoad is not its name. Just seems of.

Bariokie

rock dog
The highlights are really inconsistent with GF's usual style though :\ usually they don't do white dots like that.

I'm not saying it's fake, I'm just trying to be realistic. I'd adore this if it was legit but I think we're all getting our hopes up. I just still hope it won't be fat moustache frog

It gives it more depth tough.
Due the black spots it'd look a bit flat without that light.
Of course it wouldn't be needed that much tough.
Just saying

john90

While I like frogidier's evo and am ok with the fighting/water typing, I hope that Gallantoad is not its name. Just seems of.

Join the Frommander team :). Yeah Idon't like it so much either but gallantoad comes from Gallant+Toad which is cool. I just don't like the toad part. What about Frogallant GF?

adamfitz

poké-lover

Yes I never go nicknaming pokemon
And gallontoad really doesn't fit it to me
I'd rather something with frog in it over toad
How about..... Froatalon ( froth/gallon/frog/talon)

Last edited:

mtqc

MY BEANS!
It gives it more depth tough.
Due the black spots it'd look a bit flat without that light.
Of course it wouldn't be needed that much tough.
Just saying

I'm not saying it doesn't look good though... it just doesn't seem consistent. Seems more like someone's trying to mimic the style.

I don't even really know the source for this darn thing anyway, just that it's all over 4chan at the moment.

Also, I always nickname my Pokemon so I'd never have to deal with strange names. Why not nickname him to have a name you like? B)

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Yes I never go nicknaming pokemon
And gallontoad really doesn't fit it to me
I'd rather something with frog in it over toad
How about..... Froatalon ( froth/gallon/frog/talon)

Same here. I never nickname my pokemon as well. And, I think Forakie's final evolution will not have -toad, -gallon suffix to its name.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King

Look at the shading

IMG_20130924_201745.jpg

Where'd you get that picture?

adamfitz

poké-lover
Same here. I never nickname my pokemon as well. And, I think Forakie's final evolution will not have -toad, -gallon suffix to its name.

Yes with frogadier I think will have a lot more behind it then
A measure meant of water and toad..... Very un-creative name IMO

Where'd you get that picture?

I made it :D
All I did with cut the picture and draw on it

Status
Not open for further replies.