• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
But don't you think that if you were going to show off the Final Evo, you would show off a move to confirm people's beliefs of Water/Fighting or at least to see if Greninja would get acess to powerhouse moves.

Maybe he didn't think of it(if it is real) and was more concerned with just showing off the evolution besides him having a fighting move wouldn't confirm 100% he is water/fighting

wsides

But don't you think that if you were going to show off the Final Evo, you would show off a move to confirm people's beliefs of Water/Fighting or at least to see if Greninja would get acess to powerhouse moves.
Kinda what I'm saying by the moveset we see. Either the pokemon isn't really water/fighting as suspected or the leaker just doesn't have any fighting moves on his. OR maybe the pokemon is Water/Flying? Never know. All of this is of course assuming that it's real.

Shraeder

It's Lit
Please focus on this:

I mean why does it loses the dark blue on its hands and legs and instead gains white spots? Isn't this strange?

That is my thinking as well.

Edit: I think I'd like Greninja a bit more if the pic didn't show that stupid looking "tongue scarf."

Last edited:

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Considering it's real, it's obvious the leaker did it on purpose not to give away the secondary typing. Otherwise he would just take a pic of the typing.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
He's presenting 4 options: Greninja is the first fighting type Pokemon to learn a psychic type attacking (not support) move by level up, that Extrasensory is now a TM, that Greninja is not a fighting type, or that the picture is fake

I don't want to prove anything. If Greninja is real then point 1/2/3 if it's fake point 4

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me you guys. I assumed he meant the former part of my earlier post, so it's good that I asked before giving a further response. Greninja has pretty much set fire to the fanbase out here--everyone's not even paying too much attention to the other two fellas.

I... actually like Greninja, and would be perfectly okay with it being real. The tongue scarf (assuming it's not just part of its animation) is... a bit odd, but I can't say it's not creative. Plus it's turned out sleek and it looks swift, just like I'd wanted. It knowing Extrasensory is really strange, but then again, Poliwrath and Psychic, anyone?

...It's also rather strange that it doesn't know any Fighting moves, however... then again, we haven't seen its typing, have we?

Personally I love Greninja--its design justifies its borderline-overused typing, and pulls it far out of Poliwrath;s shadow as the other Water/Fighting frog....toad...tadpole...thing.

I do find it odd he doesn't have Fighting moves either (or Dark, since that was once his rumored typing as well). It's possible that the one who posted Greninja's stat page removed his Fighting moves to keep his typing ambiguous for a decent, spoiler-free review of the games(some can argue Sylveon was portrayed as a Normal type in its first trailer, using moves we've already seen of that type)--and, by the time the true reviews for XY come out, perhaps the final evos of the starters would be released already? But maybe I'm grasping at straws now, trying to make Greninja seem real.

...Especially since exposing a final evo pre-release of it's game is a stark example of a NOT being ambiguous...

SageofTruth

Greninja Assassin
Considering it's real, it's obvious the leaker did it on purpose not to give away the secondary typing. If so, he would just take a pic of the typing.

If it is real, I was thinking this as well. Here are my options:

1) It is a well developed fake

2) Water/Fighting deconfirmed

3) Was just a random snapshot

4) Real but the leaker is also a troll and likes watching the chaos. (it's what I would do honestly lol)

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
Extrasensory doesn't seem like such a weird move choice once you consider that Greninja might actually be Dark type.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Extrasensory doesn't seem like such a weird move choice once you consider that Greninja might actually be Dark type.

Extrasensory is not a good move to judge which type gets it considering its distribution (Dragon, Fire, Flying, etc.). In fact, only one Dark type learns it naturally.

MegaMcAndrew

Fingers crossed its fake.... Looks horrible.... Doesn't even look like it's from the same evolutionary chain as froakie.... Where the hell did that scarf come from? BUT if iris fake it is expertly done!!

Watchog

Lv. 50
Greninja looks like kind of bad, So does chespin's evolution. Eh... To think the fire starter is the best looking this time around :p

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Are we...seriously trying to debunk pokemon based on their color palette, folks? If Dratini came out in Kalos, and Dragionite were to be leaked, what then? I'd imagine the result would be mass hysteria. I like Greninja, but don't confuse this post for someone who's set on believing it's real yet-- I just find that trying to debunk anything on something so minor is quite odd.

I see why trying to size Greninja up against past starters' colors, but I think we can agree that trying to find patterns in GF's logic today is pretty baseless: Pokemon Black/White2 proved that, and XY set out to prove that even further. Not to shut down those of you that support judgment using that logic, but the same thing can be argued against with Ninjask/Shedinja, who not only carries no matching color scheme to Nincada but don't even remotely look like it.

As much as I like him, the previous false leak of Froakie3 honestly looked more convincing than Greninja--and, using the logic of color palettes, he should have been Froakie's true final evolution. Whomever made him clearly designed him using this same mindset to make him feel more natural, and (SURPRIZE) it ended up being fake.

I feel as though there are better ways to argue against Greninja's validity than to judge his coloring.

Jskid44

Froak you!!
Chances are once someone saw the leaked Froakie final evo they did this

Please don't say that. This is disappointing to me so much with the way it looks. I just hope it's fake because if not, then I will be switching who I pick in my first playthrough.

Avi604

Reef Trainer
At least with that fighting bird we see different pics from different angles but not this one, I wonder why? Because it's fake.

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
Please don't say that. This is disappointing to me so much with the way it looks. I just hope it's fake because if not, then I will be switching who I pick in my first playthrough.

Could still be fake but if you change your starter that's fine to me personally it doesn't look that bad, I think it looks pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.